Meeting Mick

lynnrxgal
Fledgling

Re: Meeting Mick

Post by lynnrxgal »

I've told this story before but will repeat it for the "young'ns"...
I saw the "interview promo" over the summer of '07 and was intrigued. Wasn't particularly into vampires, but, man, that interview sure grabbed me. Who was this guy? What was his story? Who was asking him these questions? And, the ultimate "?": why was he so f***in gorgeous???

I missed the first 3 eps as we have a lake place that we still go to weekends in Sept and Oct. We were generally on the road on Friday nights. When I finally tuned in for "Fever" I almost died! WHO WAS THIS GUY??? I got on the internet and by the end of that weekend I had sought out what little info there was on him on the web and had (most painfully) watched eps 1-3 on the CBS site. Once I realized that I could get them on itunes it was all over. That fateful week I learned more about the internet, itunes, downloads and fan web sites (oh and um fanfic...) than I had ever imagined.

I was smitten, enthralled, mesmerized... My heart still longs for the magic that was Moonlight.] Each episode brought another layer to the complex relationships of all the characters.

So, Three Rivers... I so want it to be a hit, but I temper that with wanting another show that I can fall in love with, feel the magic... not always a recipe for success.
seamus3333
Freelance freshie

Post by seamus3333 »

Snarl...I wish all you girls would just go away and leave me and Mick alone. Between you and Coraline, we get no peace!
immortalbeloved
Mortal

Post by immortalbeloved »

seamus3333 wrote:Snarl...I wish all you girls would just go away and leave me and Mick alone. Between you and Coraline, we get no peace!

:snicker: :rolling: :rolling: :chin:

Hey! I think there's some misinformation out there somewhere. Cause he's MINE!! (But I can let everyone think I share...) :biggrin:
Albra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Albra »

I wish I could describe my feelings and my history about falling in love with Moonlight and with Mick in as poetic way as you could ... maybe some day ...
For now I could only say - it just happened ...
seamus3333
Freelance freshie

Post by seamus3333 »

Hey, Immortal! I'm an only child...never saw any benefit to sharing.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Red, your opening post is wonderful. :flowers:

I will be eternally grateful to Living TV (the UK channel that aired ML) for airing that fabulous UK promo with vamp Mick. That was what caught my eye and had me so intrigued to watch the show. I knew nothing else about it and knew nothing of Alex but I wanted to know more about Mick from that one promo so I tuned in to the opening episode and I'm one of those that was hooked from the very start. The eps may have some faults but I still say that ML as a show was above and beyond most TV shows these days and I forgave the little things that irked and just savoured all the other great things it had to offer. Like Red has already mentioned, I loved that it tried to be different and that it was great drama that was sexy and quirky and had a great cast that all worked extremely well together.

I remember while the show was airing that I wanted to interact and talk about this show with others but being in the UK I had no idea where to go. I'd never been a part of a fandom before in my life and was so pleased to discover my first online home in MLL and I jumped in so quickly and have never looked back since. There has been moments of sadness for me with the show cancellation and the demise of other boards (and friends I'd known on them) who wanted to move away from ML which just wasn't for me.

So I know I say this a lot but I'm so very grateful to have MLA & to Phee, the mods, & the members here I consider friends for giving me a place to be and to feel that it's still more than OK 2 years later to be as obsessed as ever about Mick and Moonlight. :heart:
Last edited by coco on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Red :heart: coco

But who are you calling obsessed?

*desperately tries to hide post count*

For anyone who hasn't seen it, this is the wonderful LivingTV promo coco mentioned. Living is only a small channel but they promoted the hell out of Moonlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMMfIrPvqvE

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

By far the most awesome promo... :happysigh: if only they'd used that one in the US! :sigh:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:Red :heart: coco

For anyone who hasn't seen it, this is the wonderful LivingTV promo coco mentioned. Living is only a small channel but they promoted the hell out of Moonlight.

Red
OK how about devoted then? :snicker:

You have a devoted post count, not an obsessed one. :biggrin:

Thank you for adding the link. :flowers: I have it saved as a favourite but didn't even think of posting it. I love your devotion to all things ML. ;)
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

coco wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:Red :heart: coco

Red
OK how about devoted then? :snicker:

You have a devoted post count, not an obsessed one. :biggrin:

Thank you for adding the link. :flowers: I have it saved as a favourite but didn't even think of posting it. I love your devotion to all things ML. ;)
Let's go with devoted, because that's comforting.

Devotedly,

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

*jumping on the "devoted" bandwagon* :hearts:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I now have Olivia Newton-John singing "Hopelessly devoted to you" going round and round in my head...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Gah! My poor darling! :comfort: Go listen to Yo-yo Ma immediately!!!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Gee, alle, I never knew Yo-yo Ma covered "Hopelessly Devoted to You."

:rolling:

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Yes, we all got 'obsessed' didn't we?

I discovered Moonlight when it aired on the Sci Fi channel on January 23, 2009.

Not being a fan of the genre previously, I was intrigued by the premise sufficiently to 'check out' the first episode and then sufficiently interested to tune into the second. I liked the characters immediately--they were charming and the voice overs were pure genius. Had I passed the event horizon of the black hole (read 'Moonlight' obsession) already? Could be.

I liked these characters. I liked this universe they had created. That being said, if you like the characters and situation, you can put up with a lot of special effects that didn't quite work.

From the first episode, I knew that Alex O'Laughlin was an attractive, competent actor. Whether by casting, performance, magic or a synergestic combination of all three, a character had been created that was appealing, charming and faintly shy-- A deadly combination. By the end of the second episode, I knew that he was a remarkably talented craftsman.

As I said before, the cancellation of Moonlight was a 'done deal' before I saw my first episode. All I know about it I have learned here, on the Boards. I am not party to the 'whys' or wherefores' but very rarely have I seen a television show that made such an impact, captured the imaginations of its viewers and spawned such loyalty. There was a wonderful supporting cast of engaging, talented performers, and the list of positives goes on from there.

It was very, very good. It could have easily been huge.

I wish it could be resurrected. There was and still is so much potential here.

Just sayin. (And now I'm going to have 'Hopelessly Devoted to You' sung by Olivia Newton John playing on a continuous loop in my head. Red, you are fabulous, but why? WHY??)

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Meeting Moonlight - September 28, 2007”