Mick - What I've Done

diane31
Fledgling

Mick - What I've Done

Post by diane31 »

Hi everyone! :wave:
This is my first video :blushing: , and yet it has been on my mind pretty much since I fell in love with Moonlight, that is... since NSTAV!!! "What I've done" by Linkin Park is one of my favourite songs, and also, I first heard it only a few weeks before we got to meet our beloved vampire. At first, I loved it for the music, and then I started loving it way more because it makes me think of Mick. I've always felt that they could have written this song just for him (or, at least, for what I wished for him) so I wanted to express that. Unfortunately there is a slight glitch in the soundtrack at the beginning, but it is on the album, as the two tracks merge into one another, and I couldn't fix it... sorry (if Knows how though, I'll do my best to...).

If you want to download the video, this is the link; and actually I just realised that you can also watch it there directly (right?):
http://www.4shared.com/file/119202837/c ... Final.html

If you want to watch it directly you can do it from here too, but I think it will be smaller than with the previous link
http://diane31diane.blogspot.com/

(Sorry, I'm such a freshie at this... and I'm too chicken to post a relatively recent song on YT... :blushing:)

Enjoy ;-)

- edited to add info about the first link -
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Mick - What I've Done

Post by redwinter101 »

Diane,

I'm so excited to see a new vid artist on the site! I won't be able to watch this until I get home tonight, but I'm looking forward to it...

Red :hearts:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Image Wonderful, diane!! An excellent song choice, beautifully rendered. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. :yes:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Diane, I've been trying to steal 5 mins in work all day to watch this and I've finally managed it (don't tell the boss :snicker: ).

This was wonderful. I do love a Mick vid. :happysigh:

Looking forward to seeing many more vids fill your office. :thumbs: It gets addictive you know. :whistle:

PS. Your avi and sig look gorgeous together. :biggrin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I loved this, diane, and I can't believe it's your first video!!! I love vids that tell a story and this really does tell Mick's story beautifully. You're right - it is such an apt song for him.

I hope this is the first of many.

Red :flowers:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Hi Diane,

I can't believe that's your first video!! It is wicked cool and the song is perfect!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :Mickangel: :hankie: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :heart: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Diane - Congratulations on your first video (though you would never guess). Here's hoping you'll make many more. (Cause I like em. :thumbs: )
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Thank you all... :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: thank you so much! :hearts: I am really excited you like it!!!
And of course now I can see all sorts of other things I would like to "fix" on it, lol! :slaphead:
Well I really wanted to make that one, because the song is so great for Mick, I've thought of it as "his" song for so long. :heart: And yes, it does lend itself to telling a story (although I had hoped to make it more chronological still...). But I guess now I'll have to make more right?! I'm going to have to give this some thought... :chin: I think I might just have an idea... I know it's going to take me a while though (not least because I want to spend more time reading fanfics lol!). Just warning you so you don't hold your breath, that's all! But, I'll get there!
Thanks again so much! :hearts:
-edited to fix typo-
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Diane, I didn't know this song before--and I agree that it's a perfect Mick song. You have an amazing eye for picking scenes and you did a wonderful job not only of telling a story, but of letting the audio and video enhance each other to make both more powerful.

Thanks so much for creating this video and for sharing it with us. I hope to see many more from you.
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

My pleasure ;-) No wthat I think about it, it was almost to be expected that Linikin Park would have something great for Mick: they are very much into "angsty". But that one is really special, and also from an album (Minutes to Midnight) that is more "classic rock" than their usual style (which is rap metal). There have several very beautiful songs on that album, often more sad than What I've done though. Some make me think of Mick too, but aspects of his life that we don't have too much material to illustrate unfortunately. I'm thinking in particular about "Shadow of the day", which reminds me of his turning.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Just found this and it's a wonderful find! It is a perfect song for Mick and you've fit just the right scenes to it.
Beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do next.....
VampFan5
Rogue vampire

Post by VampFan5 »

Hey Diane31,

I love this video. I wrote a short fic based on this song called "Truth of a Thousand Lies," taken from the lyrics. Great song choice.

VF5 :hyper2:
Travis and the Tar Pit Tails.....a story by VampFan5
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

VampFan5 wrote:I wrote a short fic based on this song called "Truth of a Thousand Lies," taken from the lyrics. Great song choice.
Oh really?! I had no idea!!! That's fangtastic! Let me go find it!
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Shadow wrote:Just found this and it's a wonderful find! It is a perfect song for Mick and you've fit just the right scenes to it.
Beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do next.....
Sorry Shadow I had missed your post somehow... Thank you so much! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

diane, I love this video! I can't believe this is your first, you did so well with it! I am trying to learn to do this. I may have to ask you questions as I stumble through the process.
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris

Return to “diane31's Fan Vids”