Torches (PG-13) - Challenge #115

A place for GuardianAngel's G to PG-13 stories
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: Torches (PG-13) - Challenge #115

Post by mitzie »

I absolutely love this story, it is so unique and it is believable. Your characterizations are spot on and I love the way you describe everyone's feelings, especially Josef. It's like an emotional tidal wave has just swept over him. Beautiful, beautiful story!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hankie: :happysigh: :eyes: :eyes: :rainbow: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :heart: :hearts: :flowers: :hug:

mitzie :mooncat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh, I missed this before. It's terrific!!!
What I love most about this story is that your Beth is the Beth we know, curious, without any thoughts about the consequences of her doings. Your Josef and Mick are great, too. And now Josef has a great-granddaughter! Now Mick can call him dad anytime, right?
The thought of Josef's lost family is equally amusing, sad, confusing, lovely and awkward. I love how you spanned the times by integrating flashbacks.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

mitzie wrote:I absolutely love this story, it is so unique and it is believable. Your characterizations are spot on and I love the way you describe everyone's feelings, especially Josef. It's like an emotional tidal wave has just swept over him. Beautiful, beautiful story!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hankie: :happysigh: :eyes: :eyes: :rainbow: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :heart: :hearts: :flowers: :hug:

mitzie :mooncat:
LOL. Thank you, mitzie. Yeah, Josef certainly got caught up all right. I love that you think my characterizations are spot on. That's the one thing I worry about the the most. :flowers:
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

francis wrote:Oh, I missed this before. It's terrific!!!
What I love most about this story is that your Beth is the Beth we know, curious, without any thoughts about the consequences of her doings. Your Josef and Mick are great, too. And now Josef has a great-granddaughter! Now Mick can call him dad anytime, right?
The thought of Josef's lost family is equally amusing, sad, confusing, lovely and awkward. I love how you spanned the times by integrating flashbacks.
It's my opinion that this is exactly how Beth would act if given the chance to socialize with vampires. She'd want to take in everything. Which, of course, makes Mick very nervous.

Mick can call Josef 'dad' if he marries Beth. But I think that would now become even more complicated than before.

Family is usually all those things. Why would Josef's be any different? :snicker:
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

I love this story. As some has already mentioned, your Beth is the Beth we know. And really, if you think about it, she is more like Josef. I think back of the time when she asked for his assist with the pest paparazzi. Very Josef-like. :snicker: And Beth not backing down from Josef trying to get her necklace back was priceless. :yahoo: See? They must be related. :giggle:

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece. :clapping: :clapping:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

GA, I LOVE this! I was totally enthralled. What a fantastic storyline! This is so good, it almost wipes out any other history of Josef for me. A major addition to our own Moonlight mythology, GA. Fabulous.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Kara wrote:I love this story. As some has already mentioned, your Beth is the Beth we know. And really, if you think about it, she is more like Josef. I think back of the time when she asked for his assist with the pest paparazzi. Very Josef-like. :snicker: And Beth not backing down from Josef trying to get her necklace back was priceless. :yahoo: See? They must be related. :giggle:

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece. :clapping: :clapping:
You're welcome, Kara. And thank YOU for reading and commenting. I admit that in the story I wanted to highlight the characteristics of Beth's that Josef would admire and respect. Interestingly enough, I think it's the same ones that we do as well.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:GA, I LOVE this! I was totally enthralled. What a fantastic storyline! This is so good, it almost wipes out any other history of Josef for me. A major addition to our own Moonlight mythology, GA. Fabulous.
:blushing: Thank you, Luxe. I can't help but believe that Josef came from a powerful, influential family and that he's got reason for all his paranoia. This back-story made sense to me. :twothumbs:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is so fabulous!!!

I provides such rich history of Josef's past, linking his family history to that of the origins of the Legion is such delicious irony, and the story of his lost love is lushly romantic. Yum

If anyone is reading this and has not yet read the story, pleeeeeeeease, read the story!!!! You will be glad you did!

Thanks. I think I will need to read this every few months...

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

:bump: :bump: :bump:

Anyone who has not read this wonderful fic, please do so. You will not be sorry!!

Promise!!!

Jenna
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

Oh, GA -- this was awesome!! I loved reading about Josef's -- sorry, Kristof's past and how he came from a wealthy family. No wonder his paranoia remains intact. But after the discovery that Beth is his decendant, you have us all smacking ourselves in the forehead saying, "Well, of course she is! They are so alike!"

What a sad statement about blood ties -- the fact that Josef's blood relative was so willing to end his life, but his brother in blood would literally give his life for him. That says so much about their bond. And what a cruel act that was, letting Josef believe Alina was dead. Bastard.

On the other hand, I don't think this new familial link will cause any complications between the three of them -- Mick is obviously so in love with Beth and would never let any harm come to her, which will be even more appreciated by Josef now that he knows she one of his own. And as for the spoiling -- yeah, I can't see Beth ever wanting for anything from this point on.

I have to say that your Beth here had me cracking up, from the first roll of her eyes at Mick's admonishment when they first got to the mansion, to her nearly unstoppable curiousity at finding out what was going on in those rooms, to her defiance at giving up her necklace so easily. So what if it's Josef -- LOL!! And even after the "discussion" she was off on her own, with no concerns whatsoever of where she was exactly.

I really enjoyed this, GA, and glad to see one of Josef's regrets eradicated as well.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Thank you, Jenna. I seriously think you should be on my payroll for personal PR. :hug:

Moonlighter: Thank you. :blushing: I've always figured that Josef must have good reason for his paranoia. He's not the type to scare easily. With Josef having such a sad beginning, I wanted to make up for it and I, too, think Beth and Josef share some personality traits.

Beth is ever the investigator and nosy as hell. No way she'd pass up such a great opportunity to poke around and see for herself all that Mick won't tell her.

So glad you enjoyed it.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Seriously, Sweetie.

The best PR department for you is the fabulous quality of your wonderful, wondeful fics.

As I have said before (probably so often people around here are sick of reading it), we choose our own personal 'canon' now, and this delicious fic is definitely one of mine. For one, it is rip-roaring good story, providing ample opportunities for our favorite three characters to show their characteristic traits--Mick being heroic, protective of Beth and adorably in love; Beth being feisty, insanely fearless when a little caution would be much healthier; and Josef dishing up his trademark snark with style. Also, it is a satisfying way to answer two questions (I think a lot of us have given some thought to)--the fact that Beth and Josef share some personality quirks and the 'regret that Josef expressed in WLB--and we all know that he doesn't do 'regrets'

Did it wrap things up neatly?

Kinda--but in a wonderfully satisfying way. One that opened up a universe of possibilties. Beth's place in vampire society is now assured. Before the events in this story, Josef did not really consider Beth good enough for Mick. The question now is, is Mick good enough for Beth? I suspect he is, but now in case of a spat, there is a question who Josef will side with?

The dollar value of the gifts Beth receives on birthdays and other holidays is about to take a huge jump.

Thank you!

Jenna

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous.

Every. Single. Word.

See prevous posts. It all applies!

Thank you!

Jenna

maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Hey, Guardian Angel, Jenna suggested this story and was right once again. Fabulous writing and you made it so believable. THe characters were so in canon and Josef's past story was so touching. No wonder this man is as attractive as he is- don't mean his looks- there is so much inside him, a treasure. Beth fits so well as his descendant, they are alike in more than one ways . Lucky Beth, Mick and Josef attached on her like that... :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “GuardianAngel's Office”