Just Right - Part Two (PG-13)

A place for GuardianAngel's G to PG-13 stories
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Just Right - Part Two (PG-13)

Post by GuardianAngel »

Part Two and finale of this story.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. I do not own these characters (although try telling that to my subconscious mind between 12:00 and 6:00 am)

Just Right

The kiss left no doubt in Beth’s mind that Mick desired her. If she were a bowl of porridge then he’d licked the bowl clean.

Smiling at her languid, dazed expression, Mick led Beth to the sofa so they could continue their discussion. If they stayed on their present course, all his willpower up until this point would be for naught. Beth needed some answers first. They had plenty of time for the rest.

They now sat on either end of the sofa facing each other; Beth with legs curled under her and Mick sprawled out, arms splayed. A fortuitous clap of thunder sounded, much like a bell signaling round two of her and Mick’s discussion. Beth’s happy haze dissipated. She might not have vampire abilities but she could feel Mick’s mood change, could feel the small expanse between them writhe with tension.

Mick gave a quick nod in response to Beth’s raised brows. His teeth worried his lower lip as he sought a way to open the conversation. There had to be a logical, linear way to explain everything but he’d be damned if he could see it.

“Why not just start at the beginning. The beginning of your being a vampire, with Coraline turning you.” Beth prompted.

Rubbing his chin, Mick looked off to the corner of the room. His mind began replaying moments he had relived infinite times through the years.

“You know she turned me on our wedding night. I woke up a Vampire. She thought it was a gift and couldn’t understand why I was horrified.”

Beth propped her cheek on a fist and asked, “You had no idea what she was before that? Weren’t there any signs?”

“In retrospect, maybe. But I had no clue at the time. I woke up; saw all the blood and Coraline watching me. I was disoriented. Shocked. I ran for the bathroom mirror and came face to face with the monster she’d made me.” Mick laid his head back against the cushions and stared up at the ceiling. “She kept telling me it would be okay, I’d adjust.”

“And did you? Adjust?”

“Eventually I guess. But it took a while. Newly turned vampires require frequent feedings. Coraline taught me how to feed. But she doesn’t get her blood from the blood bank.”

“She had you drink directly from humans.” It wasn’t a question. Beth had no illusions where Coraline was concerned. “Did she have arrangements like Josef?”

Mick snickered.

Beth frowned at the contemptuous reply. Mick didn’t continue and her mind raced to fill the void, fitting pieces to the puzzle; picking pieces of information, turning them to fit and discarding those that didn’t.

Mick watched her face as she worked it out and knew the exact moment she arrived at the unspeakable truth.

Beth’s eyes grew in diameter and her hand crept up to cover her mouth.
“She made you prey on innocent people?”

Mick noted that she made the statement sound as if he were a victim. As much as he wished it were true it wasn’t. And he couldn’t let Beth go on believing it.

With a resigned sigh, Mick rose from his seat and with purposeful strides went to retrieve a small box hidden behind a stack of books in the bookcase. He returned with it, holding it out to Beth, beckoning her to take it.

“What is it?”

“Open it.”

Beth took it from his hand slowly, his demeanor telling her that she was not going to like what was in it but curious none the less.

Mick waited for her to take the small, wooden carton before retreating. He found himself at the window, looking out into the darkness, the darkness beyond the pane and the one in his soul.

Beth tentatively slid the top from the box, her body tense as if expecting a macabre jack in the box to leap out at her. When nothing happened she reached in and pulled out the contents, turning questioning eyes towards the solemn vampire.

“I don’t understand. What does this have to do with anything?”

“Coraline brought me my first meal. I was out of my mind with hunger and still hadn’t figured out what I was hungry for. It was a young blonde. Coraline bared the woman’s neck for me and I fed.”

“You were hungry. Coraline knew you had no choice.”

“Maybe not. At least not that first time. But vampires are predators, Beth, and Coraline taught me how to find my own meals.”

Mick turned to look at Beth, making sure she was following him and listening to what he was telling her.

“For years I stalked humans, preyed on them.” Mick leaned forward, eyes narrowing, “And I enjoyed it.”

Mick began to move forward, slowly approaching Beth who instinctively leaned back into the couch as a thrill of fear danced down her spine.

“It wasn’t only about feeding. It was about the hunt. The more fear or fight the better.”

Mick stopped when he stood just before Beth and leaned, with pantherine grace, towards her and laid a hand on the back of the couch, effectively trapping her.

“I can smell your fear right now. Your blood is racing. Part of me hates it.” Mick allowed his eyes to bleed silver. “But there will always be a part of me that sees it as a challenge, an invitation.”

Pushing past the moment of unease, Beth lifted her hand and laid her palm against Mick’s cheek.

“Is that what you’re afraid of? Is it, Mick?” Beth rose to her knees and grasped his face with both hands. “You’d never hurt me.”

Mick closed his eyes, blocking out the trust and need in hers.

“Not on purpose.”

Beth leaned in and placed a soft, sweet kiss on his lips causing Mick to open his eyes.

“Not ever.”

Reaching down Beth grasped the contents of the box and held it up. “What is this?”

“Read it.”

“Jonathan Daldegan.”

“Do you know what it is?” Mick had backed away and sat in the adjacent chair. He looked tired and beaten.

“It looks like some kind of inhaler.”

Mick nodded. “It is. For asthma.”

“Where did you get it?”

“It fell out of the pocket of a woman I stalked and drained.”

Beth’s head cocked to the side. The idea of Mick doing what he just admitted was hard to reconcile with the Mick sitting before her and, although he probably knew that it upset her by the pounding of her heart, she wasn’t going to let it show on her face.

“Why did you keep it?”

“It rolled out of her pocket and caught my eye. I didn’t know what it was because inhalers were still fairly new. I picked it up. The name was familiar.”

“You knew her?”

“No, not her. Turns out her husband was my high school basketball coach. They had a son. A son with asthma. She was rushing home with the inhaler but never got there.”

“Mick…”

“Mr. Daldegan…” Mick paused and ran a hand over his face. “Well, when his wife didn’t return home he panicked which is probably what set his son’s asthma attack off. I guess it was all too much for him; his wife a vampire’s dinner and his son lying in a hospital bed. He decided he didn’t have much reason to go on living. The kid became just one more in an already overcrowded system.

“That’s horrible. I’m sorry Mick.”

You’re sorry?”

“That must have been awful, but obviously you regret it. Isn’t that why you kept this?” Beth stared down at the morbid memento in her hand.

Mick stared at her, disbelieving. “How can you accept that?”

Beth shrugged one shoulder. “You said you did horrible things. This was” Beth looked up at Mick with blue eyes wet with unshed tears, “horrible.” “But this is who you were, not who you are.”

Amazing. That was all Mick could think.

The two were silent for a moment. The only sound was the soft, distant roll of thunder signaling that the storm had moved on or was finally ending.

“I never hunted again. I bought bottled blood and occasionally used Freshies. Mostly Josef’s since I only had a few of my own.”

“How many is a ‘few’?” A glance at Beth told him the tears were gone, replaced by a new glint in her eye.

Beth placed the inhaler back in the box, closed it with a snap and pushed it onto the table.

“We’re talking about 20 years.”

“How many?”

“17.”

Beth’s jaw dropped. “You call that a few?”

Mick bit down on the need she caused to explain himself. 17 was not a lot over 20 years as far as he was concerned.

“Why did you stop?”

“Stop what?”

Beth shot him an exasperated glare.

Mick rose to join her on the couch. Facing her he clasped her hand and gave her a pained smile.

“I’m not going to like this am I? Simone told me that the experience may feel intimate to the Freshie but not for the vampire.”

“Depends on the vampire. And the donor.”

“So it can be intimate for the vampire?”

“Look, Beth, I was never….with any of the Freshies. I only fed from them. But sometimes just drinking their blood can be intense.” Mick watched her face, looking for a sign that she comprehended what he meant.

“Intense.” Beth said it as if she were trying it out, rolling it in her mouth. Tasting it.

“When that happens it’s not always easy for the vampire to control what he’s doing.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means that I’ve accidently drained a Freshie.”

Beth broke her contact with Mick and grabbed one of the throw pillows, hugging it to herself. She knew he wouldn’t understand why this upset her more than his stalking humans. But that was impersonal and happened so long ago. This….well this was too close to home.

“Just one?”

“No.”

Beth hugged the pillow tighter and began to rub her brow. “How many?”

“Beth.”

“How many?”

“Three. Two were a very long time ago.”

“And the last one?”

Mick stood and turned away from Beth, rubbing the back of his neck. Mick once had a wound cauterized when he was in the war. This felt similar to that. Actually this might even be more painful.

“The last one was five years ago.”

“What…” Beth’s voice faltered, but she cleared her throat and continued, “What happened?”

Mick turned back to face her. He grasped the back of the chair, bracing himself and dropped his head forward.

“It had been a long time. I hadn’t fed from a Freshie since I rescued you from Coraline.” Mick’s face broke into an embarrassed grimace. “After you I was done with all that. It was only bagged blood and injections. But I went to a party at Josef’s and there was this blonde.”

Beth rolled her eyes and made circles in the air indicating to him to move it along.

“Beth, this is serious.”

“Look. I don’t need a song and dance. You were attracted to her, I get it. What happened that caused you to drain her?”

Mick continued, his voice annoyed and the speech more clipped. “I was attracted to her and, more importantly, she was attracted to me. Desire sweetens the blood; I hadn’t fed that way in so long that the vampire was strong. Too strong.”

“You couldn’t stop?”

“No. Not soon enough.”

The rain had started again. But it was a soft rain that could barely be heard. Beth watched the drops roll down the glass as her mind tried to expand, to take in everything he told her.

Again, Mick watched her, watched the subtle movements of her face that revealed the emotions she experienced as she sorted and absorbed everything.

Mick smiled softly as he imagined a ‘done’ timer go off as Beth focused her gaze back on him.

“When you fed from me you were near dying and you were able to stop. Why?”

“I’m not sure. I guess even in that state I was worried about harming you.”

Beth bit her bottom lip and bobbed her head. “So, don’t you think that means something? You were near death, Mick. Dying. And you worried about hurting me.”

“Okay. That’s true. But I can’t be sure I’ll always be able to.”

“And we don’t know that you won’t.”

Mick exhaled slowly, trying to keep his patience which was suddenly in short supply. The lack thereof causing his response to be blunter than he intended.

“Beth, when a vampire has sex, when I have sex, I need to bite down.”

Beth, who had been repositioning herself on the sofa stopped in mid motion. Her eyes swung up to meet Mick’s and she blushed.

“Oh.” If possible she felt even more blood rush to her face and in a moment of hysteria she imagined her head popping from all the pressure. Her mouth worked to form a response but she couldn’t think of anything to say. So she just repeated, “Oh.”

“Don’t tell me you can’t think of anything to say.”

Beth finished repositioning herself on the couch, taking her time and tried to formulate a coherent thought. But the image of Mick biting her while moving inside her kept playing in her mind and was wreaking havoc with any thought process.

Mick’s brows furrowed and his eyes narrowed on Beth. He shook his head in disbelief. But there was no denying it. He couldn’t miss the smell of arousal radiating from her. Josef’s voice telling him ‘some women like that’ darted through his mind. Apparently his Beth was among ‘some women’.

“Okayyyy. I take it that you don’t have a prob…..umm…don’t mind, that is, aren’t upset over the thought of my…..of being bitten.” “During sex.”

Having had a few moments to compose herself, Beth was ready to continue the conversation. And now that Mick was the one tongue tied she began to enjoy it.

“Well, not by just any vampire.”

“Beth.” Mick’s tone was warning. “You may not mind but I’m still not sure if it would be safe.”

Beth unfolded herself from the couch and slowly, sensuously made her way towards him.

“We won’t know unless we try.”

“Beth.” This time there was a note of pleading in his voice. But even he wasn’t sure if he was pleading for her to stop or continue.

She ran her fingers lightly danced over the buttons of her blouse stopping at the top and worked it free.

“You’re sure?” Mick tried one last time.

Beth’s response was a slow nod and a come hither smile.

Mick met her half way, no longer able to hold himself back. His hands tangled in her gold locks as his mouth covered hers.

One last question floated to the surface of Beth’s mind and she pulled back. Mick continued to trail kisses over her jaw and down her neck.

“Mick?”

“Hmm?” His response caused his mouth to vibrate against her neck and sent a shock of pleasure directly to her groin.

“What did you mean when you said ‘not yours, not like this’ back in Victorville?”

“Hmm?” Mick repeated, obviously more focused on her neck than what she was asking. Her body had the same reaction as before, except this time one of his hands had made its way under her skirt and was skimming the back of her thigh causing Beth to moan.

Beth lost her train of thought for a moment as Mick found the sensitive area behind her ear.

“Mick? What did you mean?”

His answer was whispered into her ear. “Exactly what you think I meant, Beth.” And he gently bit her lobe.

“You’d thought about biting me before?”

“Every day since I saw you walking through that fountain in your bare feet.”

For some reason, that admission meant more to Beth than Mick’s admission of love. She felt lightheaded and her eyes stung as tears welled and overflowed, making silent paths down her face. Feeling overwhelmed she buried her face in Mick’s chest, grasping at his shoulder and back.

Mick froze, bewildered by her response. He pulled back trying to look into her face.

“Beth?”

All he got was a mumbled response that even his vampire hearing couldn’t discern.

At a loss he began to rub her back. His mind played over their conversation trying to pinpoint where, how he’d managed to upset her but he didn’t have a clue.

Beth loosened her grip and looked up at Mick. This was it. Everything in her world fell into place. All that was left was for her to acknowledge it and make it her own.

“I love you.”

The words danced around them, glorying in its own beauty. And as they faded Beth said them again.

“I love you.”

“Say it again.”

As Beth opened her mouth to repeat the most magnificent words he’d ever heard, Mick bent forward to kiss them from her lips. He took them into his body letting them warm his frigid soul.

Beth melted into him. Their bodies fitting together seamlessly, perfectly mated.

His hands traveled her body, reverently paying homage to every curve, every hollow, as he undressed her.

Beth held on to him as he coated her body with pleasure and stripped her of every last lucid thought.

They were naked, skin whispering against each other.

Mick laid her on the couch draping her with fervent caresses.

Stained in him.

She needed. He provided.

Whispers. “Mine.” Soothing. Rasping. “You’re mine.” Beth nodded.

She ached. He fulfilled.

A cadence of swelling and ebbing. Cresting.

Beth was being swept up. Swept away. Crashing.

“Mick!”

Ether. “Shh. I’ve got you.”

Pain. Heat. Ecstasy.

Beth held on as she fractured, splintered and rained down on herself.

Breathe.

Beth could hear their breaths, fast and labored. Mick was kissing her neck and stroking her hair.

The veil slowly lifted and she opened her eyes and looked up into opalescent beauty. Mick was looking down at her, fully vamped and very satisfied.

Beth’s contented smile eliminated Mick’s need to ask if she was okay. Instead he asked, “Was it okay?”

Beth stretched languidly.

“Mmhmm. Best damn bowl of porridge I’ve ever had.”
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Re: Just Right - Part Two (PG-13)

Post by starbucksjunkie »

I just love this gem. So glad you brought it here.

You say so much with so little, and the result is erotic and stunning.

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

This was really beautiful! Poetically done. Very sensual. The imagery you conveyed was gorgeous! Excellent story!!!! *scream* * scream* *thud* *thud*

Loved the last line about the porridge!! :lol:

mitzie
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

*sigh* just wonderful GA :clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Again--Love this one!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :cheer: :cheer: :clapping: :yahoo: :heart: :rose:

mitzie
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Ahh, as beautiful as I remember it being....thank you.
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Arrgghhh!!! There are just some fics, with the dialogue, that I would give just about anything to see the actors actually play out!! This scene is just soooo one of those!

And then there is the part without so much dialogue...
GuardianAngel wrote:She needed. He provided.

Whispers. “Mine.” Soothing. Rasping. “You’re mine.” Beth nodded.

She ached. He fulfilled.

A cadence of swelling and ebbing. Cresting.

Beth was being swept up. Swept away. Crashing.

“Mick!”

Ether. “Shh. I’ve got you.”
So lovely; I'd like to see that too!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
zanda
Kostan Industries intern

Post by zanda »

:clapping: Good lord. Its just a zillion times better second time around. :hug:
Banner by coco
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

sbj: I'd never written a love scene before this one. The only way I was able to do it was to go more with the sensations and emotions than with the actual physical elements. I got lucky that it worked.

mitzie: You are adorable. Again, I appreciate you coming back and not only reading twice but leaving feedback twice. It warms my heart.

coco: *grinning* I've read a few stories that had me sighing so I know that feeling well. I'm honored that I inspired that kind of response.

one.zebra: Thanks for coming back for a re-read and for leaving feedback. You are SO welcome!

grace: I'd PAY to have Alex and Sophia act this out. I'd die broke but happy.

zanda: Better on a re-read? Can I ask for a better response than that? I'll quit while I'm ahead. Thank you bunches!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Bravo GA. This was amazing. I enjoyed every word. You really made it come alive for me. And Mick's explanation about the other women made total sense to me!
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

First, you tug at my heartstrings with Mick's revelations about his past.

Then, you warm my heart with Beth's realization of the extent of her love for him.

Then, you just make me HOT!!

Sensual, loving, erotic ending scene--I am a fan of simplicity in writing, and you do so much with few words.

Perfection.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:
sbj: I'd never written a love scene before this one. The only way I was able to do it was to go more with the sensations and emotions than with the actual physical elements. I got lucky that it worked.

Just for the record, should the wildest dream ever come up, I'd chip in...

And if you weren't comfy with the physical elements you must have written this before Night Visitor, cause your physical elements there are memorable, sweetie, and you clearly found your comfort zone... I drop by that one from time to time, let's just say... :devil:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

wpgrace wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

And if you weren't comfy with the physical elements you must have written this before Night Visitor, cause your physical elements there are memorable, sweetie, and you clearly found your comfort zone... I drop by that one from time to time, let's just say... :devil:
Okay, if I ever hear anything I'll be coming after you to dip into your pockets. LOL

Just Right is the first things I've ever written, grace. Night Visitor came a bit later after some other writers and I talked about writing explicit scenes. NV was my attempt. I'm glad you find it worth revisiting. :smooch:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:
wpgrace wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

Okay, if I ever hear anything I'll be coming after you to dip into your pockets. LOL

Just Right is the first things I've ever written, grace. Night Visitor came a bit later after some other writers and I talked about writing explicit scenes. NV was my attempt. I'm glad you find it worth revisiting. :smooch:
OMG, GA!!!! I did not realize that! THIS was your FIRST effort? I hope you write lots and lots more, then, cause this is an amazing first effort... it's an amazing 30th effort... I do not get how you people do this but I am so glad you can, and equally importantly, that you'll share.

And I'm gonna bet I'm not the only one for whom NV is a big favorite... verrrrry vampy Mick... love the vampy Mick.

Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

OH. MY. GOD! :worship: What a gem this one is. It had me holding my breath, crying, smiling, sighing, and laughing one after the other.

AMAZING FF!!! :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.

Return to “GuardianAngel's Office”