Promise Forever (PG-13)

A place for GuardianAngel's G to PG-13 stories
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Re: Promise Forever (PG-13)

Post by GuardianAngel »

Thank you ladies, those that have come back for a reread or stumbled onto this for the first time. I enjoy hearing what you think and why.

Liana, you've put much thought into this and I appreciate your taking the time to share them. Like you, I don't consider Mick to be the typical 'hero'. He's not looking to save the world or everyone he meets. He does think he has some making up to do for things he's done in the past but it's not like he expects himself to be perfect. But I have to disagree about how he would feel about Coraline. As we've seen in several episodes, Mick does often feel responsible for women's welfare. Beth's, of course. He was also that way with Tierney, Leni, and even Audrey to some extent. His guilt for failing Eileen was a bitter wound. The vamp DOES have a protective streak. His emotions regarding Coraline were strong. She sacrificed herself to save him. I don't believe he would have been okay with walking away from that. To me, his attempt to fight Lance while human and knowing he couldn't beat him but needing to try is proof of this. Things that came up in the last four episodes kept him busy. And maybe he did worry about Beth's safety if he left. But I don't think he could put off his worry and guilt over Coraline forever.

This is, of course, MY opinion. One of the beautiful things about the show is that the characters are complex and a lot is left up to our own interpretation.

I love that you would be interested in a sequel. I'll have to think about it.
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

I somewhat agree with Liana that had the show continued, Mick would not have gone after Coraline for any rescue mission. After that epi where Lance took her, Mick never once mention any rescue or even wonder what happened to her. But back to the story at hand, I'm happy that Beth is not giving up on Mick despite his growing distance. I give her credit because had I been in her shoes, I would take it the absolute wrong way.

Thank you for sharing this lovely but emotional story. Great job. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wonderful.

This is, of course, something Mick would have been compelled to do. Turning his back on Coraline, after she gave him the cure and what she said was not 'Micklike'--as I saw it.

Beth understood the chance he was taking all too well, and her request that he promise her 'forever' is heartbreaking. He can't promise, yet he does.

Heartbreaking. I would love to see more of this, too.

Thanks,

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

NOoooo, but I don't want him to go...if you make him go, the least you can do is make him come back , GA...where is it? Somewhere around your office? Promise? :flowers:
Yeah, yeah, our Mick is so much himself here...makes me wonder if it is his damsel in distress syndrome..or his absession with Coraline under duty surface..... :chin: He suddenly doesn't care if something happens to Beth while he is gone?....
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Kara wrote:I somewhat agree with Liana that had the show continued, Mick would not have gone after Coraline for any rescue mission. After that epi where Lance took her, Mick never once mention any rescue or even wonder what happened to her. But back to the story at hand, I'm happy that Beth is not giving up on Mick despite his growing distance. I give her credit because had I been in her shoes, I would take it the absolute wrong way.

Thank you for sharing this lovely but emotional story. Great job. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Personally, I thought it was odd and out of character for Mick NOT to have mentioned or wondered about Coraline. There wasn't much he could have done as a human but once he was re-Turned I felt it was out of character for him not to look into what happened to Coraline. I think Beth would have felt that too. Even if she didn't want to accept it.
jen wrote:Wonderful.

This is, of course, something Mick would have been compelled to do. Turning his back on Coraline, after she gave him the cure and what she said was not 'Micklike'--as I saw it.

Beth understood the chance he was taking all too well, and her request that he promise her 'forever' is heartbreaking. He can't promise, yet he does.

Heartbreaking. I would love to see more of this, too.
Poor Mick was torn. He HAD to go but hated what it would do to Beth. And, really, with it hanging over his head, how could he truly be happy? Beth deserved ALL of him. Not just the part that wasn't worrying about Coraline. Thanks, jen.
maggatha3 wrote:NOoooo, but I don't want him to go...if you make him go, the least you can do is make him come back , GA...where is it? Somewhere around your office? Promise?
Yeah, yeah, our Mick is so much himself here...makes me wonder if it is his damsel in distress syndrome..or his absession with Coraline under duty surface..... He suddenly doesn't care if something happens to Beth while he is gone?....
Most of us wouldn't want to see him go but we understand his having to do it. Beth too. Oh, maggatha, Mick doesn't suddenly not care if something happens to Beth. You betcha he'd be asking Josef to keep an eye on her he'd have her making some promises. LOL. Mick does have a damsel in distress thing. Eileen, Leni, Audrey. And Beth. I'm sure he never thought he'd be adding Coraline to that list. But he did.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Had we gotten that second season, I think we would have seen a scene like this. Mick's character would not permit him to walk away so easily, especially as Coraline sacrificed herself to save him, or is it that she only appeared to do so.

In either case, it would have launched a very suspenseful story arc.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

Jen...you are the only poster to say what I have always thought about that scene where Coraline 'sacrificed' herself to save Mick. Coraline was a manipulator of the highest degree. Epis 7 and 9 showed that, at least for me. I feel like Cora was only being her usual manipulative self in Mortal Cure. I didn't feel sorry for her at all. And the scene in MC when Cora gave Mick the cure she acted sorry about what she did to Mick. Thinking on it, I get the idea she was only sorry that she messed up by behaving the way she always has her whole life. And then at the end of Mortal Cure I felt that Mick's words to Beth at the funeral were very telling about how he felt about the Cora situation. It looked to me like he was putting the last 56 years to rest....that at last he was free of the guilt and misplaced 'longing' he had always thought he felt for Cora. Well, that's my take anyway. Of course, I am a total MickBeth girl. Still liked the story. Just don't see him going after her.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my gosh, I love this story so much, and what I love most about it is Beth. You really got her, and you nailed the horrible position she's been put into. Yes, Mick is tortured by guilt and concern for Coraline, and I agree that it's in his nature to decide to go to France. But you've looked at the other side so beautifully here: Beth, who is the ultimate wronged party from age four on. What does she owe Coraline? (Well, aside from a big apology for almost killing her with a stake, but I really believe she thought Coraline would just be paralyzed by that). From Beth's POV, this is absolutely devastating, and all she has is Mick's word that he'll come back to her, assuming he survives the journey. But Beth has seen Coraline's power over Mick's emotions and passions, and she knows full well how ruthless and manipulative Coraline can be. Even if Mick survives, will his love for Beth withstand all that? Has Mick grown sufficiently as a person to keep his word to Beth after only a month or so of being a couple?

Lots of ifs for Beth to contemplate. And so she watches her guardian angel go off and rescue someone else, and all she has is her dogged determination and her love to keep her company until he comes back. If he comes back. I truly feel for Beth here. What an awful situation to be in. And yet... she knows what kind of man Mick is, and she's smart and perceptive. She knew what he was going to do before he told her. And deep down, I think she admires him for it, much as she wishes she didn't.

My guess? She'll end up in France, somehow. She never waits in the car. :snicker:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

How the heck did I miss this? Absolutely lovely. Angst-y and just.....ugh, kinda heartbreaking.
"But her happiness can be at the expense of mine?"
Great question, Beth.
My take? He comes back to Beth. Demons fully dealt with. Because that's the way I've always seen it.
The way it was meant to be.

Return to “GuardianAngel's Office”