Board problem?

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Board problem?

Post by allegrita »

Hi Tula, :howdy:

Our board is due for a software upgrade, and hopefully little glitches like the one you experienced will be fixed by it! :fingerscrossed: We'll do an announcement about the upgrade once we finalize the timing. Hang in there till we can get it done! :hug:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hi Moonlightaholics, :howdy:

Wow, our web host went down and took us with it! :thud: When the web host came back up, MLA had a crashed database table, so the site wasn't available. We logged a ticket with the web host, but they were so busy that they didn't have a chance to fix our table, so I took my courage in both hands :chair: and ran a database repair tool :type: and it worked! :celebrate: Hopefully, whatever caused the problem in the first place is fixed, and we won't have to go camp at the Motel anymore! :fingerscrossed:

But just in case, here's the address of the Motel: http://www.moonlightaholicsmotel.com If you haven't registered over there, please do, so that you can dash over there if you aren't able to come here. We will try to keep everyone updated on the status of board outages, upgrades, etc., over there. :thumbs:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

If you got some duplicate notification messages today, it's my fault. :blushing: I was messing with some basic board settings, and I got notified of things that had happened hours previously (and I had already been notified of!). So my apologies, and I've turned that setting back off, so if you DID get extra notifications, they should stop now. Sorry about that! :slaphead:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Why do I have to log in every time I come home???
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aww, that must be annoying, Tula. Maybe your browser is set to delete cookies...? I think the board uses a cookie to "remember" you between visits. You might try a different browser to visit the board, and see if it keeps you logged in. I'm assuming that you have the box checked to keep you logged in?
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Yes, yes, I tick on the box, but still...I use Chrome, I will try Firefox. Thanks! :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hi all,

Well, that was interesting. :chair: Maybe the spooks have been having fun with us. :ghosty:

As most of you know, MLA went offline yesterday around 3 pm Pacific time. The web host said it was due to a problem with storage. Whatever it was, it messed with our site in myriad ways. They ran a database repair, and the forum now seems to be working, but for me, the site is now not reachable from any browser on my computer, although it is from my phone. :dizzy:

I'm working on fixing my own issues, but hopefully, the rest of you can reach the site in your usual fashion! :fingerscrossed:

If you are still having issues with connecting to the forum, please let us know, either here or at the Motel. Thanks! :ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

It's been fine for me this afternoon. I gave up last night, and wasn't around to try to this morning.

Gremlins getting antsy this close to Halloween I guess!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Yesterday, I was beginning to believe in Poltergeists....I logged in, got the 'you have successfully logged in' message and was then routed back to the login page. After three attempts, I gave up.

This morning, I couldn't access the site from Firefox, getting a message (paraphrased) that the site was redirecting to a page it could never achiev. Huh? :dizzy:

iOS9 couldn''t get there either, but I didn't get the same kind of message.

Thankfully, the Poltergeists have relented!!
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Was everybody properly scared? :mooncat:

I know I was! :scary:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

librarian_7 wrote:Was everybody properly scared? :mooncat:

I know I was! :scary:
The whole "successful login" taking me right back to the login page was a bit disconcerting. Okay VERY disconcerting! :gasp:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I'm so glad we're back, I think I'll celebrate with a little trick-or-treating! :dracula:
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Oh my, I hope our trick or treating didn't break the board! :gasp: But it seems to be working for me fine now. :thumbs:

Thanks for all you do to keep us chugging along, Alle et al. :hug: And I just want to double-check that the stuff we link to at PB doesn't impact your storage capacity, right? :blushing: 'Coz I know my Halloween house ain't exactly a 50k file like most gifs, but I figured it was okay to post since it's not on your server. If it's a problem, let me know and I'll replace it. I tried to shrink the file size as much as I could without totally degrading the image quality. Still not a 100% sure I understand how all this Internet stuff interconnects :dizzy: ... I'm from the mainframe days. :laugh:

Anyway, glad we're back up! :hyper2:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I was scared to death! :scary: But I think we're working out the bugs now... hopefully... :fingerscrossed:

HotMicks, your links don't affect the storage capacity of our board, and we aren't even close to our bandwidth limit. So don't worry about that! Post away!!! :hug:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

HM, to answer your question: photos stored on Photobucket or any other photo repository do not impact our storage in any way. You're such a sweetie to be concerned :smooch: but, rest assured, the problem was not due to anything any of our members have done. :ghug:

Also, as I understand it, the storage problem was not a space issue but rather a problem with the physical storage device that houses our database. The host replaced the "failed unit" and performed a recovery on our behalf.

ETA: I cross-posted with Alle. :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”