The MLA Gallery is back!

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

The MLA Gallery is back!

Post by allegrita »

Welcome back, Moonlightaholics! :ghug:

We're happy to announce that the board upgrade went very well. But we have a little surprise for you. :teeth: We were doing something other than normal maintenance while you were on vacation at the Motel... and we'd like to invite you to the grand opening of our shiny new Image MLA Image Gallery!! Image

Image :yahoo: Image :yahoo: Image :yahoo: Image :yahoo: Image

Our Gallery currently contains well over 100,000 Moonlight images for your perusal and enjoyment, including thousands of screencaps for each episode, promotional materials such as posters and promo photographs, and various other Moonlight treasures. It is a work in progress, so if you have suggestions or ideas for improvement, or if you notice any problems with the gallery or with individual images, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs.

No special registration is required for the gallery - you can access it whenever you are logged in to MLA. All of our installed styles (skins) now have a "Gallery" button in the top menu. (Location of the Gallery button depends on the skin, but they are all easy to find.) Clicking on this button will link you directly to our gallery. :twothumbs: To return to MLA from the gallery, look in the menu at the top for a button labeled "MLA Forum." Clicking on that button will bring you back here to the forum's index page.

I'd like to take a moment to talk about this project, and to offer my heartfelt gratitude to Lilly for everything she did to make it possible. As many of you know, a year ago we said that one of our major goals was to incorporate a gallery into our site. After doing some preliminary research, I realized that this task was far beyond my knowledge and technical skill, and in the whirl of real-life and online craziness, the dream of having an MLA gallery languished for a long time. But this summer, Lilly volunteered to look into what it would require to install a Coppermine gallery and modify our board skins to create the Gallery buttons. She did an amazing amount of research, problem-solving, and brilliant code-hacking (much of it this weekend!) to accomplish this goal, and I can say with complete honesty that we owe this wonderful new feature almost entirely to her efforts. She was the techno-wizard part of the team. I did the grunt work.

Thanks, dude. You rock. :hug:
jen
Cleaner

Re: Welcome home - we've got a surprise for you!

Post by jen »

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Thank you to our technowizard team!!!!!!

You are fabulous!!!

(but we already knew that)
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Thanks Ladies!!! :rose: :hug: :hearts: :hyper2:

I will have to check out our surprise later i need to hit the sack. Though I have to admit i missed everyone.. :slaphead: stupid me forgot to add the Motel's address to my ipad and since that is what I was on most of the weekend I had to do without all of you. :Mickangel:

Thanks again to our wonderful mod/admin team that keep us going!! :heart:

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aww, poor Emma-lee! Welcome back, honey. :hug:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

The gallery is absolutely fabulous!!!

Great job! I know it was a lot of hard work!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

And if there are any misplaced vamps that I know about? I'm keeping them! :snicker:

Good to be home!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thank you so much for all the hard work. It's late for me but I will be checking out the gallery soon.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Wow.
That looks like a LOT of work. :phew:
And it's just lovely.

Nice job, Lilly. :clapping: :rose: :smooch:
You go sit down with a cool beverage and a great episode of... something. :whistle: :biggrin:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Using your absolutely marvelous library...

Here's to all your work and dedication!

kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

:notworthy: Oh bless you you wonderful ladies....I'M HOME!!!! Lilly darlin my heart swelled and I almost stated to cry when I got a look at the beautiful "complete" Moonlight gallery :hearts: :rose: After our apparent loss of the MoonlightLove Gallery I was beside myself with the lack of ease trying to use the MLF gallery to play our picture game. You have made it a manageable size and easy to navigate.
With ALL my gratitude THANK YOU :smooch: :hug:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:ghug: You are all so very welcome! :rose:

This was a labor of love. :heart: I'm just so happy that we were able to come up with a workable solution. :twothumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

:hyper2:

* has died and gone straight past Heaven to nirvana *

Oh Lilly, you've outdone yourself! :clapping: It's beautiful and chock full of MLy goodies! :hearts: I shall be living there. :washing: Time to move the furniture over from the motel. :snicker:

p.s. I like the design/skin you picked for the gallery. It's clean and easy to navigate. :thumbs:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Lilly and Alle deserve a HUGE vote of thanks for the hard work that went into this gallery. HUGE.

And we will all benefit from easy access to the most complete Moonlight gallery in cyberspace.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Lucky
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Well, in my excitement and due to my now-permanent googly eyes :2eyes: , I realized I was remiss in the manners department.

:groupwave: :thanks2: :groupwave:

THANK YOU LILLY AND ALLE, FOR YOUR TECHNO WORKS, AND LUCKY AND PGAL FOR YOUR MOTEL BABYSITTING AND ENTERTAINMENT!!!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

You are so welcome. It was a lot of work - but, as Lilly said, it was a labor of love. :hearts:
hope
Kostan Industries intern

Post by hope »

What a wonderful feature for this site. I look forward to checking it out. Thank you for all your hard work. :cheer: :cheer:
Thank you Moonlightlover60 for my awesome banner!!

Man Plans, the Gods Laugh

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”