Welcome

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Welcome

Post by Phoenix »

Welcome fellow Moonlightaholics.

This forum is about Moonlight, all of Moonlight, and nothing but Moonlight. (Well, there is a little wiggle room, but you get the general idea.)

Although I am moderately interested in the vampire genre in general, no TV show ever touched me the way Moonlight did. I have no interest in Twilight or True Blood. This forum was created for two express purposes: firstly, in the hopes of attracting writers of both Moonlight fan fiction and original work, and to provide a place where we can openly discuss writing and learn from each other. Secondly, I hope that a sense of community can be established here, despite the number of times the Moonlight fandom has been shocked and shattered.

I will be overjoyed if Moonlightaholics becomes a fun, friendly site with first class writers.

Phoenix.
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Re: Welcome.

Post by AggieVamp »

Phoenix -

Thanks so much for creating this forum. While I like some Vampire related shows (Angel & Forever Knight for what I have seen) Moonlight is by far my favorite. Twilight doesn't interest me (haven't read the books...not interested) and don't have HBO - so True Blood is out. And while I don't write fan fic - I like reading it. :D

Thanks again -

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

So far so good, Phee.

You got writers, you got readers... and I feel a sense of community.

And there are MickPics...

I'm in.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Just got here. I'm lucky #110. Another Moonlightaholic not seeking a cure.
I don't want to be shocked or shattered anymore either. I want to read fic and browse the writer's workshop (haven't a creative corpuscle in my body but I love to see how you work thru, revise and tweak each sentence and paragraph until it's perfect).
I really need someone to add that smiley with the sign reading "I don't have anything to add. I just want to post on this thread." How else will I ever make Courtesan?

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
Fishy
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Fishy »

I must say that I am so very pleased to see that I was not the only one who wants to stick with Moonlight.
I find it amazing that there are still so many themes to be followed and stories to be written. And so many fabulous writers ready to take the plunge for us readers! I feel it shows the quailty and ground breaking thinking behind the series that we so dearly love. Who would ever think that we could be so spellbound by Mick, Joseph and Beth!

Thank you for all the hard work that you and your band of friends have gone to to get this site in simple order.
Even I can find my way around. And to think that until I watched Moonlight I had never ever ever joined any fan based community in my life!

What did I do before Moonlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

AggieVamp wrote:Phoenix -

Thanks so much for creating this forum. While I like some Vampire related shows (Angel & Forever Knight for what I have seen) Moonlight is by far my favorite. Twilight doesn't interest me (haven't read the books...not interested) and don't have HBO - so True Blood is out. And while I don't write fan fic - I like reading it. :D

Thanks again -

Karen
My pleasure. We Moonlightaholics need to stick together. :D
wpgrace wrote:So far so good, Phee.

You got writers, you got readers... and I feel a sense of community.

And there are MickPics...

I'm in.
Gotta have Mick pics, Grace. Everything else falls into place after that. :lol:
jmc wrote:Just got here. I'm lucky #110. Another Moonlightaholic not seeking a cure.
I don't want to be shocked or shattered anymore either. I want to read fic and browse the writer's workshop (haven't a creative corpuscle in my body but I love to see how you work thru, revise and tweak each sentence and paragraph until it's perfect).
I really need someone to add that smiley with the sign reading "I don't have anything to add. I just want to post on this thread." How else will I ever make Courtesan?
Take a deep breath. You can relax here. Although, sometimes getting into the writers minds is a frightening experience! :shock: :lol:

And jmc, I just need someone to add the smileys! Full stop! :roll: ROFL
Fishy wrote:I must say that I am so very pleased to see that I was not the only one who wants to stick with Moonlight.
I find it amazing that there are still so many themes to be followed and stories to be written. And so many fabulous writers ready to take the plunge for us readers! I feel it shows the quailty and ground breaking thinking behind the series that we so dearly love. Who would ever think that we could be so spellbound by Mick, Joseph and Beth!

Thank you for all the hard work that you and your band of friends have gone to to get this site in simple order.
Even I can find my way around. And to think that until I watched Moonlight I had never ever ever joined any fan based community in my life!

What did I do before Moonlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Welcome, Fishy. There are some amazingly talented writers here with many tales to share. I'm very glad you find this board easy to navigate ... and btw, you forgot to mention Coraline. :o :lol:

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...gotta have Cora. Those of us that ship Mick/Cora need our space. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

bluedahlia3 wrote:Aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...gotta have Cora. Those of us that ship Mick/Cora need our space. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's OK, bluedahlia3, don't panic. Have you seen my avatar? ;)

skyeeblue
Kostan Industries intern

Post by skyeeblue »

I absolutely love Moonlight there will and never will be a show that touched me the way Moonlight has... but I have to say if it was not for Moonlight I would never had read Twilight and I fell in love with that sweeping romance or would have watched the edgy show True Blood.
Moonlight led me to love other things if that made sense. So this one little show did so much for me not only led me to all my wonderful friends that I have now but also led me to open myself to try other vamp books and movies.
I cannot wait till it comes on tonight but part of me is still very raw about it. I don't know how I am going to react but I am so glad it will be back on Scifi tonight...
Glad to be here wonderful website Pheonix and Librarian
Av by the awsome SS....and my beautiful banner by Eris.

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”