MLA "Home Maintenance" - suggestions welcome!

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

MLA "Home Maintenance" - suggestions welcome!

Post by allegrita »

Hi Moonlightaholics, :howdy:

It's been so fun, celebrating our birthday this week! :celebrate: It doesn't seem possible that we've been in our virtual home for six years, does it?! But when you look around with a critical eye, you can see things that could use a little sprucing up, metaphorically speaking. Think of it as needing a bit of home maintenance--touching up the paint here, upgrading an appliance there. :dishes: :iron: :vac:

We've got a few things in mind to make our site nicer, such as reorganizing the forums to put the lesser-used ones farther down, plus a couple of fun Moonlight projects we'd like to start. But before we begin our little "home renovation", we'd really appreciate any suggestions you may have about features you'd like, new ideas for projects, new ways to organize existing information or resources, etc. If you have any ideas, big or small, please post them on this thread. We can't promise to do everything, but we will take every suggestion seriously and do our best to accommodate people's requests. :thumbs:

Also, just to let you know, we'll soon be needing to close the board down for a day or so, in order to upgrade the board software. We'll announce the date as soon as we schedule it. In the meantime, if you haven't registered at our Moonlightaholics Motel, please stop by and fill in the registration form. http://www.moonlightaholicsmotel.com We hope everyone will stop by the Motel while the board is being upgraded. We usually have lots of fun there. :woohoo: It's a full-service establishment, with an ice machine, hot and cold running vampires, libations, a pool, and freshies galore. Something for everyone! :teeth: We even have a mini-library so you won't be bored while the board's extensive Library is unavailable. :reading:

Thanks for your participation in the board, whether you visit every day, chat incessantly (like me :laugh: ) or just visit to read and bask in the Moonlight. And thanks in advance for your ideas and suggestions! :ghug:

Your MLA Admin/Mod Team
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: MLA "Home Maintenance" - suggestions welcome!

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Will the motel have cabana boys who look like Mick and Josef?? :brow: :angel: :tongue:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yes, but we call them lifeguards. :sink: :winky:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

No suggestions? :shrug:

How about some prompts? :chin: We're all pretty good at those. :teeth:

"It would be fun if we could _______."

"One thing that has kind of bugged me is _______."

"It would be really helpful if _______."

"How about once a month we _______."

We really value your :2cents: !
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I haven't noticed any problems. Admittedly, I'm one of those people who, as long as I know how to find everything, doesn't like change. :shrug:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I'm with Rhonda on that one. And then there's the issue of time. I hardly manage to read the challenge stories anymore, don't even talk about writing one. :shrug:

One minor issue is that when I enter a picture thread, I don't land on the newest unread post but somewhere else in the last page. But it doesn't bother me, as looking at more Mick is never a burden. :batseyes:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

francis wrote: One minor issue is that when I enter a picture thread, I don't land on the newest unread post but somewhere else in the last page. But it doesn't bother me, as looking at more Mick is never a burden. :batseyes:
francis, I've actually seen that happening with other threads, as well. :yes: I'm hoping that upgrading the board software will take care of it. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thanks for your comments, ladies! Please don't worry about not being able to find your way around, we're not planning anything drastic! :ghug: We really value your opinions, so please keep letting us know what you like as well as any ideas for making things better. :bulb:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Lilly wrote:
francis wrote: One minor issue is that when I enter a picture thread, I don't land on the newest unread post but somewhere else in the last page. But it doesn't bother me, as looking at more Mick is never a burden. :batseyes:
francis, I've actually seen that happening with other threads, as well. :yes: I'm hoping that upgrading the board software will take care of it. :thumbs:
I get this happening in the picture thread, too.
MickLifeCrisis
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

For those of you who have experienced this, can you please tell us which skin (board style) you use? Thanks!
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

allegrita wrote:For those of you who have experienced this, can you please tell us which skin (board style) you use? Thanks!
Prosilver. Never thought of it as a problem either - the more pictures of Mick the better!

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I use subsilver2.
:howdy:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I had to go to my UCP and hunt around for it, because I just call it "blue." :snicker:

It's subsilver2.
MickLifeCrisis

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”