ML Locations: Episode 12 - The Mortal Cure

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

ML Locations: Episode 12 - The Mortal Cure

Post by Lilly »

Moonlight Locations: The Mortal Cure

I will only be listing locations we haven’t seen before.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Private Club, pool room – ?, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

This is the same space used for John Whitley’s bedroom in Episode 10, Sleeping Beauty.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Hardwick Hotel, exterior – The Westin Bonaventure Hotel, 404 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3. Hardwick Hotel, interior – ?, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4. Lab at 919 Figueroa - The Mill, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

Mick was standing where the white minivan is parked, near the large curved vent pipe.

The leap to the roof was made about twenty feet to the right of the vent pipe …

This aerial shot actually shows the laboratory set standing within one of the Mill work areas...

5. Café MetroCommissary, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

The very versatile Commissary makes its third appearance in this episode...

6. Private Club, fly-in - Hollywood & Highland Center, corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue, Los Angeles, CA

7. Private Club, massage room –?, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

This space is adjacent to the one used for John Whitley’s bedroom in Episode 10, Sleeping Beauty.

8. France, flashback - French Street, Warner Bros. Studios backlot, Burbank, CA

(Photo from WB website)

9. Alley – New York Street, Warner Bros. Studios backlot, Burbank, CA

The area used for the alley fight scene is known more widely as the ER ambulance bay.

(photo from WB website)

This area was also used as the exit from the Coroner's office in episode 14, where the paparazzi were waiting for Mick.

(photo from WB website)

10. Cemetery – Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

I believe that the cemetery scene was filmed in front of the administrative offices on the circular drive off W. Olive Avenue. The scene was shot facing west, in the direction of the arrow. You can see the flagpole in the right third of the top screencap and the outer wall of the Warner Bros. property is visible in the distance beyond the hearse in the second.

(Image from Bing Maps)

Information will be updated and pictures added as they become available.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: ML Locations: Episode 12 - The Mortal Cure

Post by allegrita »

Soooo cool, Lilly. I never noticed the little squares in the massage parlor scene matching up with the ones in the pool room of the club/Whitley's bedroom! Your eagle eyes have done it again. :thumbs:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

The ER ambulance bay!!! You know I watched every single episode of that show and I would never have made the connection.

Brilliant. :rose: :rose:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Rarely saw ER... did not know who Clooney was til that Brother whatever the rest of the title was Movie... :laugh:
But still, cool to know. And how you figured out that cemetery shot... man, you are good! :twothumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

It's totally fascinating to me how they can use the same place over and over without anyone noticing, just by adding a few touches, another angle and a captivating bunch of actors who distract you from the furniture. Thank you so much for your detective work, Lilly!
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Lilly once again thanks for all your work on this. I am just fascinated by seeing where these scenes were filmed. Who would have imagined that Josh's funeral was done outside of the WB admin. offices.

Return to “Moonlight Locations”