Chatsworth - Coraline's house

wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Re: Chatsworth - Coraline's house

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Didn't one of Tejada's guys (the one Mick scared sh*tless. LOL) say that's where Tejada was...near Chatsworth? So, it's an area AND the name of the house?
*Christy*

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Chatsworth is a district of the city of Los Angeles, much like Hollywood or Boyle Heights would be. But it's also the name of the estate.

I hadn't realized that's where Bustos said the Hollenback Bar was -- and frankly that makes no sense. Chatsworth is in the San Fernando Valley region, approximately 35 miles from downtown. Certainly not a likely area for Tejada's hangout.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Lilly wrote:Chatsworth is a district of the city of Los Angeles, much like Hollywood or Boyle Heights would be. But it's also the name of the estate.

I hadn't realized that's where Bustos said the Hollenback Bar was -- and frankly that makes no sense. Chatsworth is in the San Fernando Valley region, approximately 35 miles from downtown. Certainly not a likely area for Tejada's hangout.

Maybe the writers playing fast and loose?
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That's my guess. Kinda like Hank Mottola's house being in Palmdale. That's a long way from LA. If he lived in Palmdale, why the heck were his ashes at Hollywood Forever?!
Lucy
Ancient

Californication-Coraline's Glass House

Post by Lucy »

http://www.sho.com/site/californication ... eid=135863

I was freekin' out with joy....cause I love the glass house....

Waxologist Marcy makes a house call for a bikini wax that turns out to be an act of courtship by Stu Beggs (STEPHEN TOBOLOWSKY), and the pair eventually bond over body wax and bull-riding movies.
This season's Californication on Showtime has a character, Stu Beggs, who "lives" there.

So each week I tune in and imagine hobknobbing with the undead, not the immoral. :2eyes:

Perhaps I wish Mick would throw a chair thru the glass and come after me......
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks, Lucy. I updated the first post with your info. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wow!

What a fabulous historian you are!

Lovely house and a lot of history.

Thank you

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

Cora's house was apparently on sale in 2012 -- for $12 million! :gasp: No idea if it sold, but I recently found a video house tour by the real estate agent while wandering around YouTube:

9361 Farralone Ave Chatsworth 91311
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oixZVXx6ys

A couple Google searches later, and I found the website with the property listing. In the listing it's called Farralone Estate -- I guess that sounds more high falutin' than "Fox House" :snicker: The website has a beautiful photo slideshow (but with loud, obnoxious music :whistle: ) plus the listing info:
http://www.farraloneestate.com

And the Forbes website had an article on the sale with another, slightly different video house tour:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/zillow/2012 ... k-sinatra/

Happy viewing! :yahoo:
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art
myimmortal
Fledgling

Post by myimmortal »

francis wrote: I wonder if they got permission to throw the chair through the window and repair it later, or if they rebuilt that glass wall in the studio, or what else they did. Because, frankly, I wouldn't dare to even ask to destroy part of such a historic site.
From the pics, it looks like the glass walls can completely slide apart (or come off) to open up the house like it's a patio. So ML could have opened the walls and replace the glass with movie-breakable glass... :chin:
_____
banner by me | avatar by cowpatface on deviant art
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow, these are fabulous resources! :teeth: Thanks so much for sharing them. :hug:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Coincidence that:
- it has a FRENCH chandelier???
- it has a 1 acre vineyard? (great investment for the brothers.....)

Can't you see Coraline driving a long low sports car up the winding road? :giggle:

Can you feel Mick's curiosity as his band drove up in their station wagon/etc? :brow:

It's just me....but I see more and more ML in this video... made me feel all warm inside.

thank-you so much for including this recent info!

myimmortal wrote:Cora's house was apparently on sale in 2012 -- for $12 million! :gasp: No idea if it sold, but I recently found a video house tour by the real estate agent while wandering around YouTube:

9361 Farralone Ave Chatsworth 91311
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oixZVXx6ys

A couple Google searches later, and I found the website with the property listing. In the listing it's called Farralone Estate -- I guess that sounds more high falutin' than "Fox House" :snicker: The website has a beautiful photo slideshow (but with loud, obnoxious music :whistle: ) plus the listing info:
http://www.farraloneestate.com

And the Forbes website had an article on the sale with another, slightly different video house tour:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/zillow/2012 ... k-sinatra/

Happy viewing! :yahoo:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Just a couple of more MOONLIGHT thoughts.....

Was Coraline's REAL last name Hutchinson??? :whistle:
Despite the cost of the home, Hutchinson only lived in the Chatsworth home for a few years, in which she threw parties that attracted celebrities ranging from Lucille Ball to Ava Gardner. Then she mysteriously left, moving to New York.

Frank Sinatra then leased the home for a decade, hosting his own parties with the Rat Pack, but after he left, the home remained empty.
We need to start a Moonlight Fund for a Retirement home.....the payment is ONLY $44,503.... :rolling: I'll be we could make that back !
While the home isn’t being sold as a business opportunity, the home nets thousands of dollars a year, arranged by a property manager

Of course, with that kind of rental income, the sale price could be nicely offset. According to current mortgage rates, a monthly payment on the Ferralone Estate would be $44,503, assuming a 20 percent down payment on a 30-year-fixed rate mortgage.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Miley Cyrus shot her "Flowers" music video in Coraline's house! https://youtu.be/G7KNmW9a75Y
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

allegrita wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:32 pm Miley Cyrus shot her "Flowers" music video in Coraline's house! https://youtu.be/G7KNmW9a75Y

How cool! LOVE that house. :hearts:

And at 2:31, you can see that there are Barcelona chairs still there! Or, there again. :laugh:

For reference:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thank you, sharp-eyed Moonlight style maven! :rose: I would totally have missed that. I love that house so much. :hearts:

Return to “Moonlight Locations”