ML Locations: Episode 7 - The Ringer

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

ML Locations: Episode 7 - The Ringer

Post by Lilly »

Moonlight Locations: The Ringer

I will only be listing locations that we haven’t seen before.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. Mick’s rooftop – Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. Franklin Hotel - exterior - NY Street, backlot, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

(image from WB website)

Notice everything above the second story is CGI.

3. Coraline’s houseChatsworth/Fox Residence, Farralone Avenue, Chatsworth, CA 91311

The house used for Coraline’s home has quite a rich history. Completed in 1949 (or 1951 depending on the source), it was designed by renowned architect William Pereira, whose credits include the Transamerica pyramid in San Francisco as well as a myriad of other buildings, and his partner, Charles Luckman. Notably, Chatsworth has been owned by Frank Sinatra and Lucille Ball, and was allegedly the location of Marilyn Monroe's last photo shoot.

This past July, the Chatsworth estate was used to house the contestants for HGTV’s Design Star: Link

In 2008, it was used as a location in Mad Men, Season 2, Episode 11: The Jet Set.

It was also featured in Six feet Under, Season 1, Episode 5: A Open Book; as well as in the movies Swordfish and Dreamgirls.

There is a separate thread to discuss Coraline’s house in more depth -- here.

4. Morgan’s apartment - interior

5. Hank Mottola’s house – Midwest Street, backlot, Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA

(image from WB website)

6. Hollywood Forever Cemetery - 6000 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90038 – Website: http://www.hollywoodforever.com/Hollywood/

Main entrance:

(image from Google Earth)

Cathedral Mausoleum:

Although the episode made it look like Mick did a fair amount of walking, this area is about 30 feet directly ahead of you as you enter the front door. The wall with Mottola's empty berth is on the right. The pews were removed for filming.

Outside by the lake:

Information will be updated and pictures added as they become available.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: ML Locations: Episode 7 - The Ringer

Post by francis »

Wickedly cool, Lilly!!! :flowers:
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Love these! I really enjoyed my recent trip to Hollywood Forever! When I was there they were filming a Castle episode.

That was pretty cool they turned that Franklin Hotel into multi-story with CGI. I wonder sometimes if the actors are amazed at the final product with the CGI and music added.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I had no idea Coraline's house was so big...and the views must be tremendous!

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Just wonderful. Lilly. :hug: I'm going to go through my pictures and I might have a few to post...

Edited to add: Here are some pics from Hollywood Forever, the sequence when Mick chases Morgan through the cemetery and looks for her tattoo.

Morgan runs past an interesting little monument with the name ROBBINS on it:

He catches her near the headstone marked STRAIN:

Here's the route she runs:

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

librarian_7 wrote:I had no idea Coraline's house was so big...and the views must be tremendous!
I just want to mention, for anyone who hasn't seen it, I now have a thread up dedicated to Coraline's house. There are a couple of pictures there that do showcase the view: Chatsworth thread

Alle - Your pictures are great! When I was out there, I didn't have the time to hunt down the monuments in the section of the cemetery where Mick had chased Morgan. Thank you for filling in the blanks. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I've got some wonderful ones from inside the mausoleum, too, but I have to find them. :sigh: I'll post 'em when I do!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you. :smooch:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Wow these pixs are awesome Lilly :yahoo: thanks for all the work you do to get them. And Alle thanks for adding your pictures too. :clapping:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

As mentioned in another thread, on our most recent trip, we noticed the statue of St. John among the statues of the 12 Apostles in the mausoleum at Hollywood Forever. I was particularly taken by the pose and the expression on his face and immediately thought of Mick in LLF as he raised his eyes skyward after Josh's death.

Here is the statue of St. John...

Here's a comparison...

And, an overlay...

I really have to wonder if the DP had this statue in mind when he framed that shot.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

WOW Lilly, that is beautiful! It's giving me chills to see those pics side by side! Gorgeous.
*Christy*

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

A few more Hollywood Forever pics:

The interior of the mausoleum:

The scene of Mick's fight with Mottola:

The location of Mottola's ashes:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Lilly wrote:As mentioned in another thread, on our most recent trip, we noticed the statue of St. John among the statues of the 12 Apostles in the mausoleum at Hollywood Forever. I was particularly taken by the pose and the expression on his face and immediately thought of Mick in LLF as he raised his eyes skyward after Josh's death.

I really have to wonder if the DP had this statue in mind when he framed that shot.
Wow!!! Indeed! How cool is that!!!

Return to “Moonlight Locations”