ML Locations: Episode 1 - No Such Thing As Vampires

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: ML Locations: Episode 1 - No Such Thing As Vampires

Post by Lilly »

I've update the first post with new location pics of Hamburger Haven...

My son and I stopped in and bought a Coke and asked the manager if it would be okay to take a few pictures. He was surprised but very gracious. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Lily, thanks again for adding to the images :hearts: ...it's just so cool to see how many of them are real places and not a sound stage
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Re: The cemetery shots

Is this the same cemetery that we see in The Ringer, where Mick grabs Morgan/Coraline, after chasing her?
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

wollstonecraft61 wrote:Re: The cemetery shots

Is this the same cemetery that we see in The Ringer, where Mick grabs Morgan/Coraline, after chasing her?
No, Woll - it's a different one. The cemetery used in The Ringer is Hollywood Forever in Hollywood. I have some info on that one here. Mountain View Cemetery, used in this episode, is in Altadena.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

:flowers: Lilly...and everyone else who contributes....this is absolutely amazing. What dedication you are showing for our favorite show. I knew about the FOS building but not about the others. I am going to the BUP premiere and the one place I'd love to see is the FOS. It's such a beautiful building and it looks like a vamp would live there!!! What is it? The Disney building is so unique and they got rid of the fountain at the Design Center. Oh well. Thank you for your hard work and can't wait for more. :rose:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

aolver wrote: :flowers: Lilly...and everyone else who contributes....this is absolutely amazing. What dedication you are showing for our favorite show. I knew about the FOS building but not about the others. I am going to the BUP premiere and the one place I'd love to see is the FOS. It's such a beautiful building and it looks like a vamp would live there!!! What is it? The Disney building is so unique and they got rid of the fountain at the Design Center. Oh well. Thank you for your hard work and can't wait for more. :rose:
Thanks,aolver :hug: - The Design Center is one place I didn't revisit on this trip. The fountain was there when I took this photo last April, however ...

It's not turned on in the photo, but it was still present. The triangular pattern in the center of the circle contained the jets that produced the sprays as seen in NSTAV. When running, the water is contained in the circle and is obviously very shallow.

Were you referring to the fact the the fountain wasn't on in my photo, or have you heard that it's been removed?
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

They are building a third building (a really cool red one), and I believe that the fountain has been turned off for the duration of the construction. I think it is intended to be turned back on after the red building is completed, but I couldn't find a specific mention of that.

http://www.pacificdesigncenter.com/
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

allegrita wrote:They are building a third building (a really cool red one), and I believe that the fountain has been turned off for the duration of the construction. I think it is intended to be turned back on after the red building is completed, but I couldn't find a specific mention of that.
You know, we saw the huge cranes there from a block over when we were at Hamburger Haven last week. I couldn't tell, though, whether they were building at the Design Center or nearby. Thanks for the info, Alle.

So much is changing or has changed on many of the locations -- it makes me glad we got some photos before things became too different.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, here's a question. How far is it from the FoS to the Design Center? He seems to get from one location to the other awfully quickly. I'm sure the traffic is light, at that hour, but still.

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I've never driven it at night, but it's got to be at least 20 minutes. LA ladies, what say you?

ETA: According to Mapquest, if you drive straight out Wilshire Blvd, it's 8.75 miles and should take about 22 minutes. I was close. :twothumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I agree, Lilly--and that is with NO traffic. Not an easy drive. But then again, through the magic of television, the FoS is on Drexel Avenue, not Fifth and Hill in downtown LA... so who knows how long it takes to get to the Design Center from there??? :snicker:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Maybe he ran... vamp speed and all. :shrug:

Continued cool thread, Lilly. :twothumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks to Alle's conversation with Trevor last night, I just added an interesting little tidbit of information about Prof. Ellis' office -- that it was located right above the ML writers' room on the WB lot.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

And I just found out a more exact location for Dr. Ellis's office!! :teeth: According to Trevor, the writers' room was in Building 19 on the WB lot. :teeth: So Dr. Ellis's office was on the second floor of Building 19. :twothumbs:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Ladies, this site never ceases amazing me!! Thank you for such an interesting, delightful and detailed research!! :rose: :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .

Return to “Moonlight Locations”