Beth's Apartment

rijane
Freelance freshie

Beth's Apartment

Post by rijane »

Okay, I'm having a brain lapse. Somehow it got in my head that Beth's apartment is in Long Beach. However, upon googling (the art director's interview), the area code to the phone number she gave the TA in the pilot and the map on Mick's GPS unit in ep 2, it seems she lives in Santa Monica.

Does anyone have any idea where the idea she lived in Long Beach came from? Did I just make that up?
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Beth's Apartment

Post by redwinter101 »

I am sooooooo the wrong person to offer any assistance on this one. I tried to check MyImmortal's location guide but I'm having problems with Acrobat and I couldn't load it. Have you checked? There is a link in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=604&t=3448

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Beth's apartment is in Santa Monica, not Long Beach--although as far as I know, her address is never given. This is borne out by MyImmortal's tour guide, which does not have a street address location for Beth's apartment--just the set location at WB Studios.

Just for the heck of it, I also searched all the transcripts on moonlight-love, and Santa Monica is not mentioned in any of them.
rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

I did look at MyImmortal's map. And thanks for the searching Allegrita! I'm hoping to explain my crazy. But (as suspected by many) there appears to be only myself to blame.

You're both lovely. Thank you!
laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

I think it was at Santa Monica too , because a several times when the scene moved to Beth's apartment they showed right before an image of Santa Monica...Don't ask me in which episodes because I cannot remember by heart...
And at BC when Beth said she had walked from her apartment to Mick's loft (Downtown LA) , I thought, Wow! , That's a long walk.... :dizzy:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Maybe it was just a case of association. Beth lives near the sea, has lots of sea paraphernalia as decoration (shells, birds, ...) so maybe that's where the "beach" part came from. Brain is something that works in mysterious ways, at least mine, maybe yours too. :heart:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

You're welcome. :D Interestingly, in Arrested Development, even the Santa Monica Pier is only referred to as a pier--not by name...I wonder if they had some sort of issue with the city not giving permission for its name to be used...?
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I always assumed Beth lived in Santa Monica from the "zoom in" shots just before a scene in her apartment, although I don't think it was ever specifically stated. Also Santa Monica is probably the biggest city near LA and near the beach, not too far a drive for Mick, supposedly in West LA area to go to her house, although realistically the traffic is LA is so horrendous that you would NOT be taking that trip often in rush hour traffic. It would probably take you a hour at least. The Queen Mary is in Long Beach, maybe that's where you got it from, but that's like 20 or so miles to the south.
kalua
Freelance freshie

Post by kalua »

I kind of remember visiting a site where the set decorator of Moonlight mentioned that Beth's apartmente was supposed to be in Santa Monica.

I found the link: http://www.artdirectors.org/sites/art/i ... eb_Mar.pdf

It's a long magazine, the article about Moonlight is at page 49, with beautiful pics of the FOS.
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

I'm with the majority on this one. From the shots and scenes shown, I always assumed her apartment was located in Santa Monica, too. :yes:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

kalua wrote:I kind of remember visiting a site where the set decorator of Moonlight mentioned that Beth's apartmente was supposed to be in Santa Monica.

It's a long magazine, the article about Moonlight is at page 49, with beautiful pics of the FOS.
kalua, this is so fascinating! Where on earth did you find this? I kept a copy on My Docs just to go back and read it, as well as to get great decorating ideas! The article on Moonlight was eye-opening in terms of how the set was chosen for scenes. What a coup on finding this piece! :hyper2:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

wollstonecraft61 wrote:
kalua wrote:I kind of remember visiting a site where the set decorator of Moonlight mentioned that Beth's apartmente was supposed to be in Santa Monica.

kalua, this is so fascinating! Where on earth did you find this? I kept a copy on My Docs just to go back and read it, as well as to get great decorating ideas! The article on Moonlight was eye-opening in terms of how the set was chosen for scenes. What a coup on finding this piece! :hyper2:

Hi lady... this is a great find. I think I remember a thread that lilly started regarding this 'treasure'. Many thanks to kaula for popping this up. :clapping:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

I didn't see the one Lilly put up. This is great stuff. I find this kind of esoterica interesting.
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

I forgot about this article! I saved a copy of it as well. Thanks kalua! :smooch:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

OMG I can't wait to check out that article! I vaguely remember bumping into something like that before, but I honestly thought we'd never find it again!!! Thank you for finding it kalua!!! :hearts:

And... if Beth lives in Santa Monica, then I finally understand something !!! The first of the entries we have to Beth's journal was "Sleepless in Santa Monica" (the one that sounds like she wrote it just before the events in NSTAV). I remember thinking at the time "euh, she's been sent to Santa Monica on assignement?". I'm still kinda new in the US, so, my LA geography is seriously lacking, lol! But now thanks to Moonlight I'm working on it ;) .
Judging from Google map + Mick's GPS from OOTP http://mllove.ml.funpic.de/coppermine/d ... 2&pos=1351 It looks like a 5 hours walk at normal speed from there to Mick's place yes. And she started on it after club Vallis... she must have been walking quite briskly with the high and all!

BTW do we know where Buzzwire is supposed to be located???

(edited to remove problematic link... and then to say I had!)
Last edited by diane31 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Moonlight Locations”