Hunger - PG13 -- Champagne Challenge #125

A place for Lilly's G to PG-13 rated stories.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Hunger - PG13 -- Champagne Challenge #125

Post by Lilly »

This is my answer to Champagne Challenge #125: Freshies. I'm not quite sure where this came from :blushing: -- when I first thought about the challenge, my head went in a completely different direction, but somehow, this took over.

I honestly don't know if this character's point of view has ever been written before -- and if it has, I apologize -- but the voice became too strong to ignore.

Special thanks to Alle (who has the patience of a saint) both for beta-ing this piece and for being so supportive of me.

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Moonlight. They speak to me and inspire me, and sometimes they follow me home. No copyright infringement is ever intended.

Rating: PG-13

First published: 1/10/2011

Hunger

Powerful creature, I watch your every move. Graceful, fluid, you pulse and flow like the life force you crave, and I feel your intensity from thirty feet away.

All this talk of deals and defaults -- it's just a nuisance. I can tell you have darker things on your mind. Do those who cross you even know who they're dealing with? Do they realize that your greatest asset is not in your holdings, but in what I can do for you? Nothing -- no transaction, no empire lost or gained -- can ever give you what I can provide.

Even so, being on tap during business hours wouldn't have been my choice. There are too many distractions, too many minions underfoot, and I want your undivided attention. But I'm not the one in control here. You are. And you know what you need to stay at the top of your game.

Oh, the candy on display outside looks inviting, like something you’d leave out for show, but it doesn't satisfy you the way I do. So, you keep me close -- close enough to see you -- knowing what that does to me. You pace, I watch. Sharing your space like this is such sweet agony.

How I long to put my hands on you, to feel the muscles wound tight beneath your shirt. To savor the strength of your timeless body. But there are rules, and I may only offer, never take. So I await your summons -- unbidden, unbitten, watching you prowl like a caged panther until you finish that interminable call.

And, now what -- a visitor? I know this one, the one who refuses to feed. I've seen how you toy with him, how you love to provoke him. Perhaps, then, we'll have an audience. You'd like that, wouldn't you?

At last, you call. "Hungry!" You're agitated and it excites me. I close the space between us until my nearness warms and relaxes you.

Wicked creature, you offer him a taste, even though you already know what his answer will be. "Delicious," you say, as if your words could be more persuasive than the scent rolling off my skin. Yes, eighty-two was a good year, but you and I both know that it's all the years since that make me exceptional.

He's uncomfortable. I like that as much as you do. I'd love to put on a show, but you know him -- he's not willing to pay the price of admission. He declines politely, parrying a bit, trying to cover his unease -- but I see the tension in his jaw. How he fights what he is. He knows how ready I am. How much I want this. And I want to make him want it too. I want him to watch you have me and ache for what he's missing. I want him to lose control.

But he's going. And you follow him, with only a quick caress to whet my appetite.

As you purr advice and admonitions, your face just inches from his, I picture myself there between you two. You press me into him, but he holds his ground. He won't be intimidated. I'm caught in a test of wills, held fast between two unyielding bodies, and the stand-off is electric.

With the lightest brush of your fingertips, you pull my hair aside and drop your mouth to my shoulder. Your tongue traces the curve of my neck, your cool cheek barely skimming my skin, and I shiver with the thrill of your touch. I grab his collar with both hands to steady myself. He smells my arousal, sees my pulse quicken. My lips part and I look up into his eyes -- still earthly, still restrained -- and tilt my head in silent invitation. You smile. Then you nip at my throat, releasing a single crimson bead, and leave it exposed on my skin. Pure temptation.

You torment us both and you relish the game. Your fingers flare at my hips, but it's my own anticipation that holds me in this tantalizing trap. I want your mouths on me. I want you to take me -- together -- and stare into each other's souls when you do. I want my blood to flow through you both and bind us together like a ribbon of scarlet.

He's almost lost now, and he closes his eyes and drops his lips to my wrist. I feel his need grazing my skin, his hesitation maddening.

We are swaying together, three bodies pulsing, one heart pounding between you. Behind me, your chest rumbles with the snarl of a predator. It reverberates through me and I feel the answer rising in his. The temptation is too great. He's teetering on the edge, so close...

And then he's gone. And with him, my fantasy.

But I'm still here. Ready for you -- my blood spiked with desire, the way you like it. Come. Taste me. You've let me languish far too long.

You turn toward me and, finally, you show me what I've been denied. The air is charged between us and my skin tingles as you draw near. Like a wave of cool silk, your breath teases its way down my arm, and you catch my wrist with two fingers. You could so easily break me, empty me, and that knowledge just brings me closer to the brink. Your touch is light, though, and your movement precise, like the thrust and pull of this blood tango that we do. And, always, you are in control.

Beautiful creature, breathe me in and let me intoxicate you. Put your fangs in me and take what you want. Take my breath, my blood -- release these bonds. Make me feel alive. Do it now. Please.

Satisfy my hunger.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Hunger - PG13 -- Champagne Challenge #125

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

That was exquisite! And gave me goose bumps. Wonderful POV, and boy, what a fantasy she had!

Thank you so much! :notworthy:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Wow! I'm totally speechless. This is so - hot! She's not even talking about sex, but it's erotic. I love how mutual it is, she hungers for his touch as much as he hungers for her blood. And the fantasy... :melts:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Lilly, your writing is like painting with words... you create the scene so beautifully, and you give us all a chance to feel like that freshie. And isn't she an arrogant little thing?! :rolling: How much did I LOVE her comment about the "candy" out by the pool?! :snicker:

Mmmm, and that fantasy... oh my... :melts: *fans self* Well, let me say that I enjoyed beta-ing this story very, very much. :happysigh:

And don't be silly about patience. You're a master craftsman, literarily speaking--it's an honor to hand you your tools, and sand a tiny rough spot here or there. :rose:
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

allegrita wrote:Lilly, your writing is like painting with words...

Perfect words to describe a wonderful answer to the challenge. This is indeed exquisite.

Thank you Lilly! :flowers:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Wow! MLC, francis, Alle and fairytoes, thank you all so much for your very kind words. :ghug: I'm so glad you liked the fantasy. :teeth:

francis -- Even though sex isn't what's on her mind, I hoped to draw parallels in my wording. I don't think I've ever written anything before that could be describes as "hot." I'm thrilled you think so. :rose:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Amazing. Hot, dark and oh so very close to being down and dirty. The blood, the sex, the power... it's all the same, one grand display of aphrodisia. The psycho-sexual aspect of this was fascinating. The delicate balance between the giving and receiving of pain, e.g. the girl's enjoyment of both her own flaring need and of Mick's obvious discomfort at Josef's offer, Mick's own, perhaps masochistic restraint, the teasing temptation both she and Josef indulge in toward him,
Lilly wrote:You torment us both and you relish the game. Your fingers flare at my hips, but it's my own anticipation that holds me in this tantalizing trap.
... and perhaps there is even the subtlest of slashy moments...
Lilly wrote:I want your mouths on me. I want you to take me -- together -- and stare into each other's souls when you do.
The sort of need you describe cannot end well.... I don't see it fading, only growing stronger. I pity her.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Lilly this is definitely hot with a capital "H". I'm always in awe when I read one of your stories. Description while always a struggle for me seems to emanate from your writing like warmth from a fire.

If "Hungry" was in this state of arousal, Josef definitely got a yummy meal that night.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lilly

You are such an artist! I am in awe.

You have taken the concept of the freshie, that was not given nearly enought explanation on the show, in my opinion.

When reading this, I thought of that opening scene in NSTAV where Mick visits Josef at his home--don't know if that is what you were talking about but that is what I saw. I saw it from the perspective of the freshie who never said a single word and have given us a tantilizing look into a sensual world of desire and hunger that is so hot..

There is hunger on both sides. Desire and fulfillment, yearning and resistance, in a timeless dance of attraction, power and risk.

Wow.

Beautiful.

Brava.

Thank you

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

Wow Lilly! That was...delicious; you've described the freshies point of view so expertly. I love this line
So I await your summons -- unbidden, unbitten
Loved it! :clapping:

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Lilly,
As always your writing is simply wonderful. You have such exquisite skill with the written word.
Absolutely positively deliciously wonderful.

It's been far too long! :rose:
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Luxe -- Thank you so much. :hearts: I always treasure your insightful comments.
Luxe de Luxe wrote: ... and perhaps there is even the subtlest of slashy moments...
Well, there's fantasy and there's understanding the nature of the "beast" -- I like to think she was capable of both.

As for it not ending well, I think I'll let others weigh in before I respond to that. :chin:

Carol -- Thank you! :rose: She knows that her heightened state makes for a more fufilling feed -- for both of them. That's why she views herself as more than empty calories. :thumbs:

jen -- That is exactly the scene I was describing. I'm so glad you enjoyed my take on it. Thank you for your kind words! :hug:

Thank you, janice -- I really like that phrase myself. It means a lot to me that it resonated with you. Image

MS -- It has been a while. I was so surprised to get an inspiration for this challenge that I could follow through. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments. :flowers:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

absolutely yummy.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks, Lucy! :rose:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Oh, my. Anything from your pen is to be treasured, but this is outstanding.

And no, I don't believe anyone has every written from that particular character's POV...

You have so captured the dynamic, as I see it, anyway. The need on both sides, the hunger for sensation that drives the willingness of the freshie.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Lucky

Return to “Lilly's Office”