A Night on the Town ("Window Shopping" from Ep.15) - PG

A place for Lilly's G to PG-13 rated stories.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: A Night on the Town ("Window Shopping" from Ep.15) - PG

Post by allegrita »

Well, I'd say the sequel to this story is on the DVD... it's the episode "What's Left Behind." But I get what you mean... I want more of Lilly's wonderful Mick-and-Josef interaction. Because nobody, and I mean NOBODY, does it as well. :notworthy:
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

I was smiling from the beginning but was in full chuckles by the time Mick said Manolo. :snicker: That was fun. It felt like I was there myself.

Thank you. :hearts:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I'm glad this bubbled up....this has got to be one of the best Mick - Josef exchanges in ML fanfic. Not only is it true to the characters, it captures their relationship perfectly. Josef is like the older brother, the one trying to get his younger sibling to loosen up and live a little, yet delights in tweaking him all the same.

As I read through this again, I came to realize you were way ahead of the curve, Lilly :hug: .....in this piece, we see the first 'cargument' - only this one's in the ML universe. :cloud9:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

jen -- Thank you so much for coming back for another read. :hug:

Alle -- I can't tell you how much I appreciate your sweet comment. You know how I feel about this friendship, so that is strong praise indeed. :smooch:

Kara -- Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment here. :rose: I'm delighted this gave you a chuckle. :hug:

And, dsr! Oh my gosh! You've got me grinning from ear to ear with the "cargument" reference. :teeth: I love it! :hug: And, yes, these two seemed to take turns being the "big brother" but they always had each other's back. :happysigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

What is it about Moonlight comedies that highlight the subtle interplay between Mick and Josef and make us appreciate that pair all the more.

In one of the best 'missing scenes' pieces I have ever read, Lilly dishes up classic snark and a genuinely deep friendship between the barbs and jokes.

How many times I have seen this acted out in my mind.

A really good piece of fanfiction will do that, you know. We see the mini movie in our mind, starting Alex and Jason, window shopping in the middle of the night.

And that crack about the goat.

Classic!

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:hug: Thank you, jen. You really put a smile on my face. :blinksmile:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Great dialogue I could see the whole "episode" in my head. What can I say but perfect you really nailed the Josef snark and the laid back sarcastic Mick. :clapping:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you so much, BlueEyedMonster. I really appreciate your sweet comment. :rose: I'm delighted that you enjoyed the interaction between the guys. :blinksmile:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lilly

You are fabulous and we all love your truly remarkable ability to beautifully capture and magic of Mick and Josef's relationship, but another wonderful facet of the show you showcase beautifully here is what an amazing job they did at handling comedy. Mick and Josef were a perfect pair. You can tell Alex and Jason had worked on it and had the reparte down to an art.

Sigh.

I can just see this on my head. Delicious!

Thank you!

Jenna
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Sometimes, we just need to be reminded of the charm, chemistry and pure joy in this delightful show! Lilly captured it here, in this wonderful 'between the lines' fic.

Absolutely fabulous!

Thank you, Lilly.

You rock. You just do.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

As other have said I saw this so clearly playing in my head just perfect in evry way. The Mick Josef banter is spot on and one of the things I miss most about Moonlight. Thanks for a great episode.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

jen wrote:Sometimes, we just need to be reminded of the charm, chemistry and pure joy in this delightful show!
Jen, thank you so much for both of your comments here. :hug: :rose: The thought that this story helps to remind you of the charm of the show just makes me --> :teeth: :blushing: :smooch:

BEM, thank you so much for coming back and having another read. This just made my day...
BlueEyedMonster wrote:Thanks for a great episode.
:snicker: :hearts: :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index

Return to “Lilly's Office”