All Hallow's Fright -- Mick - PG13

A place for Lilly's G to PG-13 rated stories.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: All Hallow's Fright -- Mick - PG13

Post by allegrita »

Back for a re-read of this wonderful story. I love kid-Mick. He's already so much like his adult self. Definitely a guy you'd want in your corner! And yeah, he gets led astray a little too easily, but he faces the music like a man. And he pays his debts.

Lilly, I hope that one day Josef and Mick whisper the story to you of what happened when they realized that they had met a long time before the "first" time they met. :friends:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Absolutely delightful reread!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

This is one of my all-time favorites. Mick the Kid is just perfect. And meeting a mysterious stranger....wow.

One of the best-written stories in this fandom. Period.

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I can't tell you how tickled I was to see this one bumped up to the active topics -- especially at this time of year. Image Thanks, Alle. :smooch:

Jenna - thanks so much for re-reading. :hug:

Aw, Lucky, thank you truly. :rose:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Back for a pre-Halloween re-read of one of my favorite stories.

:bat: :scarycat: :witch: :ghosty: :pumpkin:

This is just a great story, and I think it would be a truly wonderful Halloween read, even for someone who'd never heard of ML.

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thanks so much, Lucky. :hug:

And this is quite a wonderful compliment. It means a great deal to me. :rose:
librarian_7 wrote: This is just a great story, and I think it would be a truly wonderful Halloween read, even for someone who'd never heard of ML.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Just love Little Mick here! His voice is just right, and it's so good to see some of his childhood passions. Baseball and Babe Ruth are so important to him, it resonates throughout everything he does. So much of Mick's character is already developed here, too. Recklessness and disobedience, along with so much pure courage and loyalty. Then the mysterious fancy stranger happening by to come to rescue him from this mess.... just lovely. (And if you combine this with the events of One Hundred Grand, such an interesting pattern.)

Mick's reaction to the fancy guy and his lady friend is fantastic. "Maybe he did pull a gun" when the guy is scaring off the bullies makes it sooo apparent what really did happen. I also loved Mick's thought of the lady, how she "looked almost like a movie star."

My favorite bit was when Mick chose which of his treasures to keep and which to give up. Such a lovely little slice of each of these characters. Mick chooses the piece with the most sentimental value, the gift from his grandfather. While Josef (oops, I mean the fancy guy) is a little surprised by this, since the card is obviously the best investment.

Now, the question is .... have either of them remembered this encounter? Would the fancy guy remember Mick because of his special vampire powers, say? Or if not, what happens when Mick sees that card in a display case in someone's office one day? Hmmmmm.....
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I love Shadow's idea of viewing this story and "100 Grand" in tandem. :bulb: Josef has been there for Mick many times, and in many ways. But what I love about Moonlight is that Mick often takes on the savior role, too--and sometimes, he does it for Josef. In this story, he steps up to defend Ray when he could easily stay safe. He already has the makings of a hero. :rose: And although he is very lucky a certain fancy guy happened to be rumbling by in his convertible that evening, he also takes responsibility for his actions and pays his debts. I really do hope Mick runs across that rookie card one day, when you're looking on, Lilly. It would be a great story. :hug: :hearts:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Again, my reply here is much, much too tardy. :blushing:

Shadow -- I can't thank you enough for this. :hug: As I've said elsewhere, I truly treasure your comments. It's just wonderful to hear your take on my stories, to see you read between the lines and pull out the smallest tidbits that I tucked away inside. :blinksmile:
allegrita wrote:I really do hope Mick runs across that rookie card one day, when you're looking on, Lilly. It would be a great story.
Alle, all I can say is - Josef knows exactly where that card is. :whistle: When he decides what he's going to do about it, I'll be sure to let you all know. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

This was a totally new story to me and I loved it! It does sound just like I expect Mick would be at age 10.

I'm going to go reread "100 Grand" now. But I would so love to hear about Mick and Josef rediscovering this early encounter... :whistle:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:This was a totally new story to me and I loved it! It does sound just like I expect Mick would be at age 10.
Oh, MLC! I'm so glad that you discovered this and that you enjoyed it. :hug: :flowers: I couldn't resist doing an early Mick narration that would hint at the style of his grown-up voiceovers. I'm delighted it sounded "right" to you. :hearts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Getting in the mood for Halloween, and decided to revisit an old favorite. What a wonderful story!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yay, thanks for bumping this, Lucky. It's my favorite Halloween treat! :hearts:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

librarian_7 wrote:Getting in the mood for Halloween, and decided to revisit an old favorite. What a wonderful story!
allegrita wrote:Yay, thanks for bumping this, Lucky. It's my favorite Halloween treat! :hearts:
Thank you so much, ladies! :ghug: :flowers:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I've been meaning to revisit this wonderful story ever since i read The Card! It is still one of my favorites. :rose: This time, I got curious about the car. In 1932, it looks like Ferrari was driving for Alfa Romeo. https://tcct.com/news/2021/01/1929-1932 ... etirement/ So was Josef's fancy Italian car an Alfa...? :chin:

Return to “Lilly's Office”