Negotiable (Challenge #3) - Slash - Minor characters - PG13

A place for Lilly's G to PG-13 rated stories.
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Negotiable (Challenge #3) - Slash - Minor characters - P

Post by SharonC »

Alle pointed me to your story Lilly so I came for a read and OMG, wow. What a wonderful piece of writing the roundness of the characters is amazing. You got a little taster in 12:04 of what Jerry Drake was about but you have taken this a step and a half further and I love it.

The connection between him and Donovan was interesting and you have made it more so. Perhaps a little insight to where they had been or possible could have been.

Fantastic :clapping:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you SO much, Sharon. :rose: (And thanks to Alle for pointing you in this direction. :snicker: ) I really appreciate your lovely comment. :hug:

It's funny that you bumped this just now, because I've been thinking about these two lately. Not sure what that says about my state of mind. :whistle: I'm afraid I may never get them completely out of my head. :?
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

:confused2: :confused2: :gasp:
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

Lilly wrote:Thank you SO much, Sharon. :rose: (And thanks to Alle for pointing you in this direction. :snicker: ) I really appreciate your lovely comment. :hug:

It's funny that you bumped this just now, because I've been thinking about these two lately. Not sure what that says about my state of mind. :whistle: I'm afraid I may never get them completely out of my head. :?
Yes I would say that is a little worrying :laugh:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

So many of the ML characters were pencil sketched....you've done the Sistine Chapel treatment on these two!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

And speaking of outstanding minor character fic...this one needs to be highlighted!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Thank you so much for bumping this one, Lucky! It's deliciously, awfully, creepily great, and fun to read (while being uncomfortable at the same time!).

One thing that struck me while reading the story and all the comments this time... it would have been good if written from Shepherd's point of view, and I think that's what most people would do. But what makes it so distinctive (and great!) is that it's from Drake's POV instead. It puts us inside the head of a guy who is always looking at things from every angle, figuring out what he has to pay in to get the best payout. And that's why it works so well. Donovan Shepherd really is a force of nature. He's all charisma and raw sexual power (well, that and a whole lot of crazy), but he's not all that calculated in his way of doing things. Jerry, on the other hand, is constantly watching himself (and everything else) in a mirror. How does it look? What's my opponent hiding? How can I turn this to my advantage? What's the best deal I can negotiate?

He's in waaaaay over his head, but he's still calculating the odds. And looking at his reflection in every picture frame and mirror he passes.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you, ladies! :ghug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “Lilly's Office”