Feed -- One shot (PG-13)

A place for starbucksjunkie's G to PG-13 stories
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Feed -- One shot (PG-13)

Post by starbucksjunkie »

This is in response to a challenge from Eris from another board; she asked for "sensuality over sexuality." It wouldn't leave my head. This one has a bit of a twist, though.

PG-13 for mild sensuality.

Disclaimer: Moonlight and its original characters belong to those who created and produced it; not me. I own my plot and any original characters.

Thanks to PNWGal, my fabulous beta. And to Eris for giving us the challenge.

Feed

He came toward her silently in the dark, and when he sat on the bed and laid his hand on her warm cheek, she rolled over with a grunt and a sleepy sigh.

He stroked her hair and rubbed her back, gently encouraging her into position. She sat up and pushed herself up the bed to prepare.

Soft noises split the dark and her liquid began to flow, dripping down her bare chest as she pushed herself against the pillows. As her breasts continued to glisten and drip, she sighed, reaching, arranging, settling. Caressing.

Two snuffling cries, then silence to human ears. But he could hear it. The kneading. The shudder. The sigh.

And more sounds filled him. A joyous triple rhythm: her heartbeat, his, the infinitesimal “eh” between gulps.

As the rhythm of those tiny motions took hold, she closed her eyes, began to doze.

His eyes silvered, the better to see them in the dark. He gazed at the blue veins crisscrossing her breast, all pointing to the place where the tiny body joined hers. Long moments he watched, until the tiny body, too, stilled.

He eased them apart and shouldered his burden, rubbing and patting and smelling until he heard what he was waiting for.

He came toward her again, his cool hands helping. More reaching, rooting, soothing, sighing. He very carefully caressed the ointment onto her swollen flesh. She whimpered. He reached for her hand.

He knew the magic of this moment had abated some for her, diluted by exhaustion, repetition, pain, and the smell of her own fluids.

But not for him.

She lay her head back on the headboard and inhaled, exhaled, closed her eyes. Again he watched and touched and listened.

After awhile he relieved her of her charge and again began to pat and caress. A hearty burp elicited a chuckle. She yawned and nestled back into the covers.

He bent down and kissed her slowly, fervently, then carried the tiny body back through the darkness for its own rest.

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Feed -- One shot (PG-13)

Post by redwinter101 »

Gah. I am at work. I have no time to read. But I saw this on active topics and just had to pop in to say how very excited I am to see a new story from you (and to see it posted here :) ).

I will savour when I get home tonight...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Really a twist. But I got it at "tiny body". :lol:
Well done. So Mick is a breast man, huh?
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

SBJ -- I'm struggling to find the right words here. This piece is purely delightful, and literally evoked a memory wrapped in a pleasant shiver as I got to the fourth paragraph. You have captured the tenderness and wonder of this feeding so beautifully, and yet so realistically. One is just hungry, one is in awe and one is exhausted but guided by unfailing instinct and love. You've painted the picture here with a light touch and the finished product is lovely. What a unique twist on the challenge.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

OMG... what a magical little moment... and how incredibly sweetly told!

SO delighted to see you writing something... and you did your usual amazing job.

Thanks for posting this here... it is memorable, honey... truly is.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

SBJ, that is lovely. There is no relationship like that of loving mother, father and nursing child. None. This could be any happy family, except of course, that we can follow the clues and know which one it probably is. No need to ask questions though...just enjoying this beautiful, sensual, loving vignette.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

First...I want to tell you how incredibly THRILLED I am that you posted this!!

*happy dance*

This is such a loving yet practical portrait of a middle-of-the-night feeding. The moment still holds its magic for the observer, yet for the participant, it's an exhausting yet exhilarating experience.

Just lovely, my friend. Very well done. :)

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

*Happy sigh* I just about devoured this. I had to read it twice.

I had a suspicion of where it was going and knew I was right when I got to:
His eyes silvered, the better to see them in the dark. He gazed at the blue veins crisscrossing her breast, all pointing to the place where the tiny body joined hers. Long moments he watched, until the tiny body, too, stilled.
It was 'the tiny body' that did it for me.

This was realistic and, I think, all the sweeter for it.

I don't think I can express how delighted I am that you're writing and posting, sbj. :)
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

Thanks, y'all. It means a great deal to know you're still reading.

Some of you might recognize yourselves in this one. As Lilly notes, it brings back memories.

The wonder, the exhaustion, the awe, the stench. Pretty much sums up the first six months of motherhood, don't you think? :)

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
lorig
Fledgling

Post by lorig »

Sure does, and I did it back to back. My kids are 11 months and 3 weeks apart. :o :shock:

Beautifuly written. Your writing is remarkable!!
Gorgeous banner by PinkiePie
Tag by Mags and coco
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

sbj this was just lovely. Such a twist to the challenge :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

First of all let me SQUEEE like a fan girl: SBJ is here!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Ahem. Back to the composed, dignified woman I am. (I can hear you people laughing; not nice)

Lovely story. The best part of this is how most of us are able to tie ourselves into the emotions of this scene, which makes it all the more personal. Mick watching the feeding, must have been such a powerful moment for him. A true dream come true.

As is having you here.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

So I finally have time to read and savour. Right from an opening of instant scene-setting, you give us a scene of such tenderness, tiredness, intimacy and just plain joy that it brought a tear to my eye.
starbucksjunkie wrote:And more sounds filled him. A joyous triple rhythm: her heartbeat, his, the infinitesimal “eh” between gulps.
Oh that's lovely.
starbucksjunkie wrote:His eyes silvered, the better to see them in the dark.
Such a telling phrase - no matter how often he witnesses this, it will always be a miracle and he cannot bear to miss a single moment - even as he recognises the exhaustion, irritation and tribulation of what he witnesses.
starbucksjunkie wrote:He very carefully caressed the ointment onto her swollen flesh. She whimpered. He reached for her hand.
That is just a wondrous image - so intimate, in a way that isn't sexual but is still incredibly sensual. Challenge well and truly met.

This is marvellous, sbj. Marvellous.

Red

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

And, Lisa...
Fleur de Lisa wrote:(I can hear you people laughing; not nice)
that would be me.

Red

mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

I have never read any of your writing. This was absolutely beautiful and realistic! I loved it!! Very creative twist on the challenge. Excellent!! I look forward to reading more of your stories, you've got another fan here!!!! :mrgreen:

mitzie

Return to “starbucksjunkie's Office”