Moonlightaholic ranks

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Moonlightaholic ranks.

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

francis--LOL. Now that is a rank I know I can achieve!
I love the ranking system, one reason for this post is to achieve the next level.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Phoenix wrote:
nutmegger911 wrote:Oh Cool! Vanity ranks! I'm so there.
Just kidding. I don't want to drive our lovely Phoenix completely mad :lol:
Sadly, it's not that much of a drive these days, NM!!! :o :lol: Have you seen my location? :?
Phoenix, That's great! Never noticed before. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wpgrace wrote:
Fleur de Lisa wrote:Oui, I am in total agreement.
And we know that the rankings are tres importante.
But MICK is the most important of all, non?

Oo la la!!! Le grand Mick (en francais, "Meek," bien sur)...

Tres bien fait... touche, cherie, touche...
Mick, I would believe... but Meek? Nah!
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

En francais, they would say, "Meek".

I think it's kinda cute. Little French Mick... well not little, but you know what I mean...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

wpgrace wrote:En francais, they would say, "Meek".

I think it's kinda cute. Little French Mick... well not little, but you know what I mean...
Grace,
Cute, little, and meek?
Just stop diggin' :lol:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

nutmegger911 wrote:

Grace,
Cute, little, and meek?

Alrighty then... ;)

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

wpgrace wrote:
nutmegger911 wrote:

Grace,
Cute, little, and meek?

Alrighty then... ;)
Hey, all in fun! I was laughing out loud as I wrote it. :D
NM911
LIVE WIDE
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Merci beaucoup.

Sorry rouge, I knew while typing that I had my singular/plural wrong, but the sentiment still stands.

And Phoenix, don't worry, everything we are francais-fying is G-PG. We would never, ever stoop to vulgar talk....or would we?
Oh, I wasn't concerned that you were saying anything vulgar. It was just curiosity, since I only speak one language, and sometimes I don't even speak English all that good, ya know?
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

Phoenix wrote:
Fleur de Lisa wrote:Merci beaucoup.

Sorry rouge, I knew while typing that I had my singular/plural wrong, but the sentiment still stands.

And Phoenix, don't worry, everything we are francais-fying is G-PG. We would never, ever stoop to vulgar talk....or would we?
Oh, I wasn't concerned that you were saying anything vulgar. It was just curiosity, since I only speak one language, and sometimes I don't even speak English all that good, ya know?
:lol: I know the feeling, Phoenix. :lol: Even though I had two years of high school French, and my dad taught me a bit of German over the years, since he speaks it pretty fluently, I am an absolute dunce when it comes to foreign languages. There are enough rules to remember with English, thank you very much :lol:
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Kelly wrote: :lol: I know the feeling, Phoenix. :lol: Even though I had two years of high school French, and my dad taught me a bit of German over the years, since he speaks it pretty fluently, I am an absolute dunce when it comes to foreign languages. There are enough rules to remember with English, thank you very much :lol:
Come over here and sit with me, Kel. We can be illiterate together. :lol:

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

Phoenix wrote:
Kelly wrote: :lol: I know the feeling, Phoenix. :lol: Even though I had two years of high school French, and my dad taught me a bit of German over the years, since he speaks it pretty fluently, I am an absolute dunce when it comes to foreign languages. There are enough rules to remember with English, thank you very much :lol:
:lol: *sits with Phoenix* Seriously, learning foreign languages actually is a detriment to my English. French especially...after a while of learning it, I started making some pretty weird grammatical errors. Not to mention, I started writing dates backwards without even realizing it :lol: However, I'm determined to teach myself Irish Gaelic...bought a course in it...however, it's still sitting on the shelf. Opened the textbook a few times and totally freaked out. The characters don't even sound the same :shock:
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Kelly wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
:lol: *sits with Phoenix* Seriously, learning foreign languages actually is a detriment to my English. French especially...after a while of learning it, I started making some pretty weird grammatical errors. Not to mention, I started writing dates backwards without even realizing it :lol: However, I'm determined to teach myself Irish Gaelic...bought a course in it...however, it's still sitting on the shelf. Opened the textbook a few times and totally freaked out. The characters don't even sound the same :shock:
Writing the dates backwards? Do you mean: day / month / year? That's how we write it in Oz.

Oh, as for foreign languages, I have said - several times - that I'd understand Russian better than the computer tutorials and things I've been trying to figure out. Then in my ongoing search for smileys, I followed a link and ended up on a site that was in Russian. I thought I'd finally cracked. :lol:

And do you realize that we are likely to have a wonderful MLA mod gently remind us that this thread is supposed to be about ranks? That would be horribly embarrassing. :? :oops: :lol:

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hey Phee... whatever your difficulties with the foreign language of Computerese, from what we all can tell, you speak it just fine... this site works easily and well from our perspective...

And, to Phee and Kel... surely you could tell MY french from the above posts was, in fact, nothing more than high school French, and probably totally grammatically wrong at that... tho I did know that Australians, as well as all Europeans, including English ones, reverse the dates... which probably really means it is Americans who reverse the dates...

And the wonderful mods here seem to allow a wee tangent now and again, as long as the thread winds its way naturally back to its original purpose...

So, I notice MY rank moved up in the last couple of days... which in the end means, once again, you've made a great site that I, for one, seem to spend far too much time reading and posting upon when I should be going thru closets and packing up old clothes and toys for Goodwill...

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

nutmegger911 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:
nutmegger911 wrote: Grace,
Cute, little, and meek?

Alrighty then... ;)
Hey, all in fun! I was laughing out loud as I wrote it. :D
Of course it is!!! But I DID stop diggin'... I know how to take wise advice! Eventually. ;)

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Lookie me, Lookie me!!!! (and grace, too)
Thanks again, Phoenix. You rock!

And, to be perfectly clear, my French is very, very basic as well. High school level, and that's about it. Red blew me away with her translations. So, it's back to massacring the English language for me.

Oh, rank, rank, rank---there, stayed on topic
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

You did it!!!!
You ladies rock. All three of you!
NM911
LIVE WIDE

Return to “Forum Announcements”