MLA's ninth birthday--January 13th!

MLA's ninth birthday--January 13th!

Postby allegrita » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:30 am

Hi Moonlightaholics! :howdy:

Wow--we're about to celebrate our ninth birthday on Saturday, January 13th! :celebrate: :cake: :highfive: :hyper2: :yahoo: On January 13th, 2009, our founder, Phoenix, created this forum. Although she didn't open the board to new members until a few days later, the 13th is our board's official birthday. :ghug: Please help us celebrate this milestone with birthday-themed banners, if you are artistically inclined. Or just grab a glass of your favorite beverage, and party with us! :celebrate:

Let's give thanks to Phee for creating our Moonlight home for us. She went way out of her comfort zone, and struggled to learn all about forum administration, because she had a vision of a hassle-free, happy home for creative Moonlight fans to have a supportive, friendly environment where they could write, make art, and celebrate the show that made us all friends. :hearts:

Over the years, the community of Moonlight fans has grown smaller, and our beloved actors, writers, and other creators have moved on to new projects. We have lost some dear friends. :bmoon: These days, there aren't many new stories, videos, or artworks. But our community lives on, and it makes me very happy that people continue to visit, catch up with one another, talk about new TV shows and movies, read and reread stories from our amazing Library, watch favorite videos, and discuss old episodes together. :ghug: I love knowing that you still like to visit us. Whether you post every day, or not at all, you are all valued members of this forum. Thank you! :flowers:

I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks to the wonderful mods, past and present, who've worked so hard over the years to keep this board running smoothly. I could never have done this without their help and friendship. :rose:

And speaking of our mods, I can't let this birthday go by without giving special acknowledgment to our beloved librarian_7. She has been given a special rank of "Forever Moonlightaholic" in acknowledgment of all she did for Moonlight fandom and for this forum. :hearts:

Wishing you all a very happy birthday. We'll be celebrating all month, so put on your fancy clothes and let's get this party started! :cheering:

:celebrate: :donut: :celebrate: :donut: :celebrate: :donut: :celebrate: :donut: :celebrate: :donut: :celebrate:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: MLA's ninth birthday--January 13th!

Postby choccyterri » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:32 pm

:hearts: Sending a loving Happy Birthday to our wonderful forum, and lovely place to be. :heart:

I may not get to stop by as much as I would like too, but it's so good to know that Moonlightaholics is still the warm and welcoming place it always was.

And Alle, the beautiful acknowledgement of Librarian7 is just perfect. She would be the first to admit to her addiction, and she, and the others we miss will always be in our hearts.

Thank you dear mods, for keeping the Moonlight alive here.

I just wanted to leave one of my favourite videos. And send some love out to my Moonlight family. :heart:

Love of my life - Moonlight... Eggplant11111

https://youtu.be/5To_Trs52-8

Happy Birthday Moonlightaholics. :heart:

:bdsing: :bdsing: :bdsing: :bdayfworks: :bdsing: :bdsing: :bdsing:

To Old Friends...
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Postby Lilly » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Thank you, Terri :heart: -- that video was beautiful! :hearts: :hankie: :cloud9: I'd never seen it before. And that kind of sums up this whole place -- this whole adventure we all share -- even when you start to think you've seen it all or done it all, something comes back around and makes you feel all the feelings again. :happysigh:

I can't believe it's been 9 years. When this place began to take shape, Lucky was already one of the best friends I'd ever had -- and I wouldn't have ever known her if not for Moonlight. I was just beginning to get to know Alle better when we moved here and this place brought us closer and cemented a friendship that is treasured beyond words. This forum has become a place where we not only share a love a writing and of Moonlight, as Phoenix originally envisioned, but also a place where we share ourselves -- our heartbreaks and our triumphs, the things that make us smile and the things we see along our journeys. We are smaller now, but in so many ways, we are stronger than we have ever been.

Thank you all. Happy Birthday, Moonlightaholics! :heart: :celebrate: :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Postby allegrita » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:13 pm

Aww... what lovely people you are. :hearts: :ghug:

I just wanted to share that the gorgeous video Terri shared is by our wonderful Shadow! :notworthy:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Postby maggatha3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:13 pm

It's our birthday??????And my very own one as a member here!!! I found myself watching Newborn, Shadow's video that brought me here to begin with today and I just got here to say hi. I have so missed you all, and all this place is about! I am sending you the sweetest birthday wishes. :hearts: :rose: :hearts: :rose:
-It never ends well...
-Never?

Gorgeous avatar by out talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
maggatha3
Ancient

Postby MickLifeCrisis » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:50 pm

I had never seen that video of Shadow's before either and it was so perfect! Loved what she did with the music, lyrics and clips. Thanks!

Maggatha, wonderful to see you! Miss you! :hug:

And Happy Birthday to us! This place is such an important part of my life, because all of you are here. :hearts: :ghug:

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
MickLifeCrisis
Cleaner

Postby kath40 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:42 am

Happy Birthday MLA! 9 yers WOW! I'm so glad y'all were up and running when I was looking for my new Moonlight home. I couldn't have picked a better place to call home. :ghug:

I love Shadows videos I've saved them all to my RealPlayer.

I love reading Moonlight stories as y'all keep it real. You know our Characters so well and never try to put a bad spin on any of them. I can always hear Mick, Joseph, Beth...speaking the words you've written without a second thought knowing "that's exactly how he/she/they would say it" no mater how imaginary a storyline may be. It all fits perfectly.

I love how everyone cares about everyone here and is so supportive beyond our beloved Moonlight that brought us together and to forge some of the best friendships. :hearts:

Here's to many more years of fun, love and respect here at MLA. Image Image
kath40
Perpetually cool

Postby allegrita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:22 am

Aww, Tula, it's great to see you!: :hug: :hearts: Happy MLA anniversary!! Hope you come back to visit us soon. :ghug:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Postby Moonlightsonata » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Happy Birthday to MLA. So glad this place is still available.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Postby francis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Happy Birthday, MLA. This place doesn't party as hard with as many people as it used to. But it's like a nook in a library where you quietly can sit with a good friend and enjoy a good story and a glass of wine.
So, happy Birthday to us! :heart: :ghug: :redwine2:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Postby MickLifeCrisis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm

francis wrote:Happy Birthday, MLA. This place doesn't party as hard with as many people as it used to. But it's like a nook in a library where you quietly can sit with a good friend and enjoy a good story and a glass of wine.
So, happy Birthday to us! :heart: :ghug: :redwine2:

:smooch:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
MickLifeCrisis
Cleaner

Postby Ella713 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Happy Birthday MLA!!! Hard to believe that we are still devoted to this show and this community! We all rock so hard!! (I heard that phrase on Leverage and fell in love with it)! :giggle:
Ella713
Rogue vampire

Postby Shadow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 am

Wow, happy birthday MLA! I can't really say how happy I am that this site is still here and still going strong. Thank you so much to all of the mods. The new rank for Lucky is a lovely memorial, too.

And thank you, Terri, for putting up "Love of My Life" as one of your favorite videos! :cloud9: It's wonderful to know that people liked it.

Tula, so good to see you here, and so cool that you were re-watching "Newborn."

Greetings to everyone here, and I'm hoping :fingerscrossed: to be able to give MLA a few birthday-presents this year.
Shadow
Courtesan

Postby Lucy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Proof positive, that everything is better under the Moonlight.
Lucy
Ancient

Return to Forum Announcements