Halloween Houses 2019 - Would you like to host a house?

Halloween Houses 2019 - Would you like to host a house?

Postby allegrita » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:48 pm

Happy October, Moonlightaholics! :trickortreat: Would you be interested in hosting a Halloween Trick-or-Treat house this year? :pumpkin: :dracula:

For the past several years, several of our members have helped with our traditional MLA Halloween Trick-or-Treat fun by creating virtual "Houses" on our "Halloween Street." Our members visit each house on the street, collecting various treats. We're hoping to get volunteers for this year's Halloween Street, since trick-or-treating is such a fun tradition here at MLA. (And even though I'll be in Spain, I will be doing a house!) :witch:

ImageImageImage

Here's how you host a Trick-or-Treat house. :ghosty: :scarycat: :pumpkin:

1. First, decide what your treats will be. They can be pictures of candy or Halloween-themed desserts, pictures of handsome vampires, cool Halloween graphics, poems, drabbles, snarks... let your imaginations run wild. We do ask that you keep your "treats" fun and light-hearted, and within the bounds of good taste, but aside from that, you're free to create any sort of virtual "treats" you like! :lollipop2: :strawberry:

2. Next, "build your house" by finding a suitably spooky (or cute) "haunted house" picture, and then create a new topic in the Halloween 2018 forum (which will be created soon). Post the picture and a little "Welcome" message explaining what your visitors can expect as the first message, and title it (your MLA board name)'s House--for example, Allegrita's House. (If you'd like assistance with creating your "house" topic or creating a haunted house picture, please feel free to ask me for help.) :stir:

3. Finally, during the designated trick-or-treating time (usually the few days leading up to and following Halloween), whenever you're on the board, just check your "house" to see if anyone has "knocked on your door" by posting a reply on the thread. If they have, then give them their treat by "quoting" their reply and posting their treat in your response. :trickortreat: :hallpumpkin:

It's customary (and fun), but not required, to put your treats behind spoiler tags, like this:
Spoiler:

That's it! Pretty simple, huh?! :frog:

If you have any questions, or if you'd like to host an MLA trick-or-treat house, please post a response on this thread.

We're looking forward to celebrating another Vamptastic Halloween with all of you! :lollipop: :jester: :evillaugh:

Your MLA Admin/Mod Team

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Halloween Houses 2019 - Would you like to host a house?

Postby Lilly » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:04 pm

I'm going to try to host a house. :twothumbs: Hopefully, the goodies won't be toooo stale. :snicker:

Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Postby choccyterri » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:36 pm

:mooncat:

Flying in to say I'd love to host a Halloween house! Looking forward to some visits from my lovely MLA family! :heart:

Who knows whether it'll be a trick or a treat!??

:scary: :eek2:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Postby allegrita » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:52 am

So happy you'll be joining me in our (slightly) scary neighborhood, Terri and Lilly! :ghug: I'm just bumping this thread in case anyone else would like to host a house this Halloween. :catpumpkin:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Return to Forum Announcements