The Eye of the Beholder. SLASH ~ G

A place for Phoenix's G to PG-13 stories
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

The Eye of the Beholder. SLASH ~ G

Post by Phoenix »

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The plot is my property. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Characters: Mick; Josef.

Rating: G

A/N: Please note this story is Slash – absolutely nothing graphic, but if you are likely to be offended, please don’t read it.

This drabble was written for two of my favourite people, so I hope they (1) realise and (2) enjoy it.

The Eye of the Beholder.

Live long enough and you’ll bear witness to bizarre changes in aesthetic standards. Yet some works of art defy the fickleness of human nature.

Rodin. Caravaggio. Michelangelo. All created works of timeless beauty. Yet even their masterpieces could never compete with the magnificence of the man in front of me.

His brows knitted together as he walked around the pool table. He casually brushed his hair back with a gesture of such unselfconscious elegance that my breath caught.

He stretched across the table and his Henley pulled tight across muscular shoulders.

A perfect shot.

A crooked smile.

“Your turn, Josef.”

Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The Eye of the Beholder. SLASH ~ G

Post by wpgrace »

And this one just gives me goosebumps... I so agree with his POV!!!!!!

And so spare with words but so full of feeling and truth!!!!!!!!!!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

wpgrace wrote:And this one just gives me goosebumps... I so agree with his POV!!!!!!

And so spare with words but so full of feeling and truth!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Grace. :hug:

This one was a lot of fun to write. (1) It had to be slash and G to PG rated. (2) There had to be a couple of references for the amusement of two of my favorite people. :yes:

The toughest part of the job was having to sit here and visualize Mick playing pool. But he's not too ugly, so I got there eventually. :whistle:

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by one.zebra »

Seen the masters...I've wondered if they were done from imagination or acutal models...

..actual models would certainly work here-->such unselfconscious elegance that my breath caught. <--

My breath caught, reading this.
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

One.Zebra wrote:Seen the masters...I've wondered if they were done from imagination or acutal models...

..actual models would certainly work here-->such unselfconscious elegance that my breath caught. <--

My breath caught, reading this.
O.Z I've read about Rodin using an actual model for at least one of his sculptures, and someone mentioned the model for the David was Michelangelo's RL lover...

Yep, it was a tough job trying to imagine what Mick would look like leaning over a pool table with his Henley pulled tight - a tough job but someone needed to do it. ;)

Glad you liked it. :hug: Thanks.

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

A very subtle snapshot of what's going on in Josef's mind... one we can all relate to. There is something smooth and cool about the way you use language in this piece. I really liked this, Phee.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

In a way, Mick is a 'timeless beauty', although not one crafted by the masters...only Josef could appreciate that.

Lovely piece, Phee
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:A very subtle snapshot of what's going on in Josef's mind... one we can all relate to. There is something smooth and cool about the way you use language in this piece. I really liked this, Phee.
Thank you very much, Luxe. :hug:
darkstarrising wrote:In a way, Mick is a 'timeless beauty', although not one crafted by the masters...only Josef could appreciate that.

Lovely piece, Phee
Thank you so much, DSR. :hug:

mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

What a beautiful piece this is!!!! It just flowed gracefully. The images provoked a lot of feelings for me!!!! :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :happysigh: :thud: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :heart: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

mitzie wrote:What a beautiful piece this is!!!! It just flowed gracefully. The images provoked a lot of feelings for me!!!! :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :happysigh: :thud: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :heart: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
Thanks, Mitzie. :smooch: I'm delighted you liked it. :hyper2:

Return to “Phoenix's Office”