The Holidays -- PG

A place for MoonShadow's G to PG-13 stories
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: The Holidays -- PG

Post by MoonShadow »

Fairytoes, Luxe, Lunalux, Nutmegger, & Allegrita,

Thank you all for you wonderful comments. You have just blown me away with your kind words. Lucky is completely correct this was done very early in the show. I found ML and fell hard for that little show. I'd never written anything like this before and I found within myself a voice that could not be ignored.

I was scared silly when I posted this piece the first time; that the series would change, that it would be out of character, that everyone would think it was sappy. What each of you has done is reaffirm (for me) that the creators of ML, the cast and crew, all created magic. That I heard it in my head and in my heart is due completely to their gifts.

I am on a high today that is beyond words, thank you one and all!

MoonShadow

ps. Allegrita you guessed correctly.
Banner by Lilly

Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn
The power of man, for none of woman born
Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Just another reader via the Coffee House. There's just too much here to comment on individually -- the beautiful imagry is woven throughout the whole story. You've captured that small bit of "Romeo & Juliet" feel, and I think I finally understand what the creator/producers may have been aiming for before all the changes in direction, thanks to you. The bittersweet: being from two different worlds, she has someone she's supposed to be with but they are drawn to each other anyway. I'm glad I read this and it was definitely a great choice for the discussion.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Catmoon,
Thank you for the lovely compliment. I love Shakespeare btw, I love all the classics and I guess it shows.
I am delighted you enjoyed the read.

MS
Banner by Lilly

Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

So very touching and beautiful. Now, write that story on how Beth learned Josef's middle name....
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Moonshadow, I missed your stories up to now, I'm glad that the Coffee House discussion pointed this one out. It's precious. I love how tender they are with each other, how tentative, there is no hurry, they are going through uncharted territory and tread lightly. This story has such a nice feel to it, it captures the mood of the first episodes. I love it. Thank you.
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

wollstonecraft & francis,

Thank you both very much for the kind words. I have a new story to post but I'm waiting for the move. I hope you will check back on my shelf when we're in our new digs.

MS
Banner by Lilly

Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Moonshadow

How lovely! And how have a missed this treasure before??

This is quintessential early MickBeth--both are very much involved in their separate lives, but the pull between them is strong. Beth and Josh are moving in different directions, and Beth is both charmed and fascinated by the world she has encountered thru Mick.

It has the tentative, sweetness of those early encounters with the promise of much more to come.

Nice job!!!

Thanks!

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

Jen,
Thank you so much for the compliment. I'm delighted that you found it and enjoyed it.
The chemistry just resonated for me.

:wave:
Banner by Lilly

Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, my goodness... what fun to go back and enjoy this beautiful story. I just adore the yearning, the confusion and trust and angst and comfort and discomfort all wrapped into one. And that kiss, that amazing kiss. Happy, happy sigh. :happysigh:
MoonShadow
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonShadow »

:hug:
alle, you are just to sweet with words!
Banner by Lilly

Shall harm Macbeth.

Macbeth, 4. 1
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Bittersweet indeed, but also classy..lucky girl, Beth, you had her skip boring Boston holiday, and instead spending it with two gorgeous vamps. All three of them had a great and different holiday. A holiday that had it all. Great food, a wonderful host, a handsome date, gorgeous clothes, ruby drinks, presents, and ohhhh, dance!!! Classy all the way, your story I mean.
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Moonshadow

Just read this lovely story again and saw new things that were so wonderful here.

It is so wonderfully multilayered--first, it is set at a time of endings and beginnings as Beth's love for Josh is waning as her attraction to/fascination with Mick increases; Josef is concerned with Mick's growing infatuation with Beth as, even as he recognizes that she is extraordinary, she is after all, human.

We know that Beth and Josh never had the breakup that was inevitable for them, but as in life, some things never end well.

This story ended very nicely!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This fic contains so many elements that work so wonderfully well together.

There is the warmth of the holidays, and the tentative but growing attraction between Mick and Beth, and their mutual awareness of Josh.

Fabulous. Just fabulous.

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ah... what a holiday treat to reread this lovely, wistful story. It's a beautiful little "what if," and I would have loved to see the show go this way. Beautiful, hesitant, yearning and tender, two steps forward and one step back, and lots of time to explore the difficult, dangerous, and complicated aspects of a human and a vampire falling slowly in love. :hearts:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

This is wonderful, MoonShadow! :flowers: You have the relationship between Mick and Beth down to a T, and your characters are spot-on.

As much as I wish the ending had been different, it is absolutely perfect. No matter what happened between Beth and Mick, Josh (when he was still alive) was always there, waiting in the background. It is very fitting that his phone call came through right as Mick and Beth were (finally!) kissing. Mick believes that Josh is the better partner for Beth, and so it is up to her to push their relationship forward.

I love the holiday aspect of the story. Holidays are bittersweet - many people feel sad and alone. I'm so glad that Beth got Mick and Josef presents. I think that her gifts would really mean a lot to them.

:heart: :rose:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!

Return to “MoonShadow's Office”