A Place for moonlight_fan's G to PG-13 stories
moonlight_fan
Mortal

Enemies, chapter 6. G-PG13

Post by moonlight_fan »

Disclaimer: They don't belong to me.

Chapter 6

Back in LA

Josef paced his office while he waited for George. Where is that boy? Josef thought.

“Mr. Kostan. We’re ready for you,” George said as he arrived at Josef’s office.

“About time. Surely it can’t be that hard to move.” Josef and George walked through the building towards the conservatory.

In the conservatory Josef and George joined a couple of other members of Josef’s staff. They all stood around a long crate with their heads bowed. Josef was the first to speak.

“Well, what are you waiting for?” With that one of Josef’s staff tore the lid off the crate. Then they heard it, a sharp intake of breath. Josef’s head quickly turned towards the door. Beth stood there, gaping at the crate, taking small steps until she stood next to Josef, peering inside.

“You weren’t lying. He really is dead.” A small tear escaped as she looked down at Ryder’s body.

“No. I wasn’t. And that’s why someone’s going to take a trip to the tar pits.”

“Josef. Why is he here? Why didn’t you just go down to the morgue instead of having the body brought to your house?”

Beth looked at Josef with a questioning look on her face.

Josef sighed. “Down at the morgue, I always end up having some kind of physical contact with the body and that just ruins a perfectly good suit. This way, my staff can do everything and I can keep a nice distance but still know what‘s going on.” Josef smirked as all of the staff’s faces suddenly dropped. A couple of them even backed up a few steps before Josef turned back towards them.

“Well, don’t just stand there. Take a look at the body and tell me who did this, or you’ll all be taking a little trip as well!”

That got them moving. Josef’s staff quickly started on Ryder while Josef moved over to where Beth sat on the couch.

“You ok?” Josef asked as he sat down next to Beth.

“Yeah. It’s just...it seems everything’s going to hell.” Beth wiped her tears. “Who is going to be next? Me? You? Mick?”

“Hey, nothing’s going to happen to you. You are under my roof and under my protection.”

“Wasn’t Ryder under your protection too?” Beth asked with a small smile.

Josef chuckled. “Always the reporter. Do you ever take a break?” Beth smiled, “It’s what I do.”

“Excuse me. Mr. Kostan, we’ve found something, and you really need to take a look at this.”

A/N: What does everyone think? *silently begs for reviews*
tucutecats
Fledgling

Re: Enemies, chapter 6. G-PG13

Post by tucutecats »

I think it's a great story so far I always love a good mystery.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

you've certainly got the suspense working for you, MLF.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

Aw. Josef & Beth comforting each other. Sweet. :smooch:

Return to “moonlight_fan's Office”