Moonlight Madness - G One Shot

A place for MickLifeCrisis' G to PG-13 stories
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Moonlight Madness - G One Shot

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Disclaimer: I don't own Moonlight, any of its dialogue or characters.

Totally unbetaed. Just having fun. Let me know if you...um...notice anything... :whistle: :snicker:

Moonlight Madness

“Special hours for our Moonlight Madness sale starting at 9:00 PM on Friday! Everything in the store on sale! Huge savings! Don’t miss it!”

Beth found the remote in the folds of her comforter and with a single click turned off the television. She picked up her phone to check the time: 12:04 A.M. and she was still wide awake. She silenced the ringer and pulled up her playlists, swiping until she found the classical one. She put it on shuffle and sunk back into the pillows as Moonlight Sonata began playing softly. She tried to clear her mind, but jumbled thoughts of Mick kept coming out of the past and she couldn’t shake them.

There’s no such thing as vampires, he’d told her. He lied. When she thought about it, he’d lied to her lots of times. But to be honest, most of the time it was to protect his secret. At least until he knew her better. She had to admit that. She thought how hard it must be for him, fated to pretend he was a member of human society, day in and day out, for eternity. Well, more like night in and night out, Beth giggled to herself.

Then there’s Coraline. That whole Morgan persona thing she had going, what was that about? Mick was convinced her fleur de lis tattoo meant she was the real Coraline, returned from the ashes, like some kind of phoenix. Seriously? Heck, anyone can get a tattoo on their shoulder. Strip away the tattoo and what’s left behind? A flirty woman who looked like his ex-wife. Okay, so it turned out she really was his ex-wife. What was it he called it? Oh, yeah. An intense affair. But he didn’t really have to work himself into a fever over it, did he?

Stay in the car. Boy, did that one get Beth’s dander up! Showcasing Mick’s arrested development as a man of the ‘50’s. But at times like that he might have as well as been from 50 B.C. or something. Sheesh.

What about that cure to make Mick mortal? The Mortal Cure, Beth thought. No, that’s not right. It should be called The Vampire Cure, because it was curing his vampirism and turning him mortal. Or wait! How about something like “Dr. Feelgood’s Elixir – Cures Dysentery and Vampire Bites.” Maybe they had that in the Wild West? Beth giggled out loud this time.

As for the Black Crystal. That really was a dangerous thing to do, she realized after the fact. She recalled her behavior. How embarrassing! And she wondered, not for the first time, just how long he sat there staring at her, like she was some kind of Sleeping Beauty in a trance. And she also wondered if she would have woken up if he had kissed her.

Could Mick really be her Prince Charming? Would they the live fairy tale? Would they have the happily ever after, where love lasts forever? And with that last thought, Beth finally drifted off to sleep with a smile on her face.

The End
Last edited by MickLifeCrisis on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Moonlight Madness - G One Shot

Post by Lilly »

Oh, MLC -- I love this! :hearts:

Just after midnight and Beth's thoughts are swirling -- as are the Moonlight episodes! :teeth: You've worked the titles in so cleverly, too. Honestly, it wasn't until I hit the third or fourth one that I caught on to how you were neatly weaving it all together. Almost like you were good with puzzles or something... :whistle: :hug:

The best part is that this is SO Beth -- I can feel her frustration and fascination and amusement as she looks at all the angles here. :notworthy:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

:kiss: :flowers: :smooch: Thanks, Lilly!

There were some tricky ones to fit in. I figured 12:04 A.M. would be the give-away. :laugh:
MickLifeCrisis
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Your note made me pay attention, so when I saw 12:04am I felt a mental "Click" :winky: and started looking for episode titles. But honestly, if you hadn't mentioned it, I might not have made the connection right away, despite the specific time. You really did weave in all the episode names so well, they flowed beautifully and didn't look artificial. Not a nonfat vegan soy--uh, title-- in the bunch! :highfive:

And yes, that is Beth to a T! I love the way she analyzes everything, tempering her impatience with fairness. She really is a darn good reporter. :rose:

Somehow, I have a feeling that she'll get her happily ever after. Mick may have commitment issues, but once he makes up his mind, he's gonna stick to it.

Thank you for this wonderful little tale! :thanks: :heart: :hug:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

What a great little story such an homage to the show and perfect Beth.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thanks, Alle and Cassy! So glad you liked it. :hug: It was fun to write.
allegrita wrote: You really did weave in all the episode names so well, they flowed beautifully and didn't look artificial.
So happy you thought so, Alle! It's not like you hear the phrases "arrested development" and "fated to pretend" come up in normal, everyday conversation. :snicker:

:ghug: :thanks:
MickLifeCrisis
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

This is so much fun! A great little story for Beth all on its own, and even after I saw "12:04 am" go by and was looking for titles, I still missed several of them because they fit into the story so smoothly. It was quite a fun puzzle going back to search out all of them, and I didn't find fated to pretend till the fourth time through. It's amazing how you got all the titles into such a short piece and made them fit so well they were invisible. Really cool! :heart:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thank you, Shadow :kiss: I'm glad you enjoyed the story and had fun hunting for the titles!

:thanks:
MickLifeCrisis
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Oh how very clever this story was.

It didn't hit me until Fever what you were doing, weaving the titles into the story so seamlessly. You kept me so perfectly in Beth's head I didn't stumble over the titles used. They simply fit Beth's way of thinking to a T.

But once I caught on it became a wonderful Moonlight treat.

Thank you MLC, that was fun. :hug:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Not till Fever? Really? :flowers: Thanks, sweetie! :hug:

And the west coast readers probably didn't notice, but the first line mentions "9:00 PM on Friday" which is when Moonlight aired in Eastern time. :laugh:
MickLifeCrisis
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

It showed at 9pm for us West coast folks, too! But I'm embarrassed to say I missed that one. :slaphead: Was the phoenix reference a tribute to our dear founder, Phoenix? :rose:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:Not till Fever? Really? :flowers: Thanks, sweetie! :hug:

And the west coast readers probably didn't notice, but the first line mentions "9:00 PM on Friday" which is when Moonlight aired in Eastern time. :laugh:
:snicker: I thought that Beth was literally getting ready to go to a Moonlight Madness sale maybe with Mick? Get some discounts on freezers and cases of A+ maybe a nice negligée or silk boxers for later. :devil: :snicker:

Moonlight came on at 8PM here in Denver MST so 9PM didn't ring a bell, but then neither did 12:04AM. :scary: I thought Beth would be mad at Mick for being late for a good sale. :rolling:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

allegrita wrote:It showed at 9pm for us West coast folks, too! But I'm embarrassed to say I missed that one. :slaphead: Was the phoenix reference a tribute to our dear founder, Phoenix? :rose:
:blushing: I wish I could say it was a shout out to our Phoenix, but I didn't make that connection until after I had already written it. :eyeroll:
MickLifeCrisis
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

kath40 wrote: I thought Beth would be mad at Mick for being late for a good sale. :rolling:
:rolling: LOL! You sure made me smile at that, kath! :kiss:
MickLifeCrisis
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I guess your muse had ideas and didn't tell you till later on. :snicker:

Love your story, and the comments it has inspired! :teeth:

Return to “MickLifeCrisis' Office”