The Game (PG)

A place for MickLifeCrisis' G to PG-13 stories
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

The Game (PG)

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Disclaimer: I don't own Moonlight or any of its characters.
Rated: PG
A/N: A little something I whipped up. No beta; any mistakes are my own.

The Game

Taking the stairs up two at a time, Beth ran into the first open room and locked the door behind her. Too late, she realized she had locked herself in the bathroom, with no other way out. She knew he could have overtaken her on the stairs with ease, but that would have ruined the game. Because that’s what this is to him – a game. The hunter and the hunted. With her heartbeat pounding in her ears, she still managed to hear his footsteps come slowly up the stairs and stop in front of the bathroom door. She held her breath, waiting for the door to be kicked in, then released it as the footsteps went on past. What’s he doing? Surely he knows I’m in here. She lost her thought as her eyes were drawn to the turning doorknob. The door slowly swung open and there he stood, grinning.

“That really wasn’t very smart; I expected more from you,” he commented as he put his lock pick into his pocket. He leaned against the left side of door frame, his right arm stretched out to the other side of the frame, letting his gaze go up and down her body.

No way out but through, Beth thought to herself. She grabbed a towel from the counter and threw it at his face as she rushed forward, ducking under his outstretched arm and running out into the hallway. His reflexes allowed him to catch the towel easily, and he laughed as he let her escape.

Beth stumbled down the hall, not knowing where to go next, finally ending up in the master bedroom. She stood in the middle of the room and turned to face the open door, panting. Waiting.

He came slowly into the room, looking every bit the predator. They locked eyes and she saw that his had silvered over. As he stalked towards her, she involuntarily stepped backwards until she hit the wall. When she stopped, so did he. With her hands behind her feeling the way, she slid sideways and he matched her step for step, keeping his distance and with his eyes never leaving hers. She hesitated when she came upon the dresser, but continued to feel her way around it, never turning away from him. She was relieved when she was against the wall once more, the distance between them returned. When she got to the bed, she stopped. He stopped. Beth didn’t know what to do now, not wanting to move closer to him to walk around the bed. A smirk crossed his face, as he realized her predicament. He waited to see what she would do.

Beth glanced around the room and realized it was hopeless. There would be no escape. Still, she wasn’t going to give in without a fight. Returning to his gaze, she slipped off her shoes and climbed up on the bed. Her arms behind her she held onto the headboard, stepping across the bed, her feet sinking into the comforter. Again he matched her sideways motion step for step. Climbing down on the opposite side of the bed she took a few more steps and found herself in the corner - trapped.

His smirk widened to a grin, fangs showing. With leonine-like movements he came forward, one step at a time. Beth had one last thought of running, and then he pounced. Instinctively, she held up her arms to shield herself. He grabbed her wrists and pinned them against the wall. Beth struggled, thrashing her head from side to side. He inhaled deeply, licked one side of her neck from shoulder to ear, and then scraped his fangs along the other side of her neck. He pressed his mouth against hers.

She struggled, but he kept the pressure on her lips. And then, the fight left her. She relaxed into it; even welcomed it. He pulled back, looking at her questioningly and she saw his eyes had lost their silver hue. He bent down and lifted her into his arms, carrying her to the bed and slowly lowering them both down together.

Beth wrapped her arms around his neck and brought his mouth to hers for a long, deep kiss. Then their eyes locked once more, and she smiled.

“That was an amazing game, Mick.”

The End
Last edited by MickLifeCrisis on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: The Game (PG)

Post by allegrita »

Wow. :gasp: :melts: Beth really likes to play with fire, doesn't she?! Good thing her vampire has such good self control. :hearts: You had me questioning things there for a bit... but I kept reminding myself that MLC would never cause too much damage to our favorite couple... :happysigh: would she??!! :nails:

*Alle sits in the corner, fanning herself and waiting for her pulse to slow and her knees to feel less weak*
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Bwahaha! :brow: That's a better reaction than I had hoped for!

Thanks, Alle! :flowers:
MickLifeCrisis
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

If I had Mick. ....... I'd want to play the same game. Thank you
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I'm sorry to be so late in commenting on this. :blushing:

This is fabulous, MLC! :yes: Even though the lock pick and the lean on the door frame clued me in fairly early as to whom the "predator" might be :teeth: , this was still a "hold your breath the whole way" read. :phew: Loved the descriptive detail here -- especially the image of Beth inching her way along the wall and him methodically matching her movements. And then, when he cornered her and pinned her? :thud:

What a welcome treat this was to warm up a very chilly winter day. :heart: :notworthy:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thanks for reading, Lucy! Any game with Mick is a fun game... :winky:

Thank you, Lilly! I have a picture in my mind when I write, so it's wonderful to know that my description is enough to make readers see it, too. :flowers:
:thanks:
MickLifeCrisis

Return to “MickLifeCrisis' Office”