Do I Know You? (PG-13)

A place for MickLifeCrisis' G to PG-13 stories
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Do I Know You? (PG-13)

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight or any of its characters.
Rated: PG-13
Characters: MickBeth
A/N: In a MickBeth fluff kind of mood, I was looking at my fic collection on my home computer. Came across this one and went to find it in my office, but it wasn't there. After some sleuthing, I discovered I wrote this for a writing challenge on another board. I thought I had all of my stories on both boards, but apparently not. This was written in September 2012. I hope you enjoy this new/old fic.

Do I Know You?

The pretty blond noticed him the minute he appeared in the doorway – the epitome of tall, dark and handsome – and she watched as he surveyed the crowd. When she saw him coming towards her she quickly turned away, hoping he hadn’t seen her staring.

He had spied her almost as soon as he arrived and casually sauntered over. “Nice party,” he said.

“Oh, hello,” she said, pretending to be startled. “Yes, it is a nice party,” she addded, trying to act nonchalant. “I’m sure it will be the talk of the town.”

“I’m Mick, by the way.”

“Hi, I’m Beth.”

“You look very familiar. Have we met before?”

“No, I’m sure I’d remember if we had,” she replied as she gave him a quick glance up and down. “Perhaps you’ve seen some of my webcasts? I work for…”

“Buzzwire, right?” He snapped his fingers. “Now I remember. You’re Beth Turner, intrepid reporter.”

“That’s me,” she said with a smile that lit up the room. “What do you do?”

“I’m a private investigator.”

“Really? That sounds fascinating. Perhaps I should interview you sometime.”

“It would be an interview you’d never forget, that’s for sure,” he said with a lopsided grin that made her feel faint. “But client confidentiality would prevent me from telling you any of the juicy stuff.” He leaned in close to whisper in her ear. “Like where all the bodies are buried,” he said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

Beth gave a nervous laugh and they stood in silence for a couple of minutes watching the crowd.

“The music is good,” she hinted.

The attractive PI smiled down at her. “Would you like to dance?”

“I’d love to,” she said, trying not to gush like an infatuated school girl. Mick led her out onto the dance floor where he proceeded to sweep her off her feet. He was an excellent dancer and they danced to several songs. When the band changed tempos to a slow dance, Beth started to walk off the dance floor.

“Hey there,” Mick said, grabbing her arm. “Where are you going? You’re not afraid of me, are you?” He pulled her back onto the dance floor. “C’mon, I don’t bite,” he added with a grin, taking her into his arms. He pulled her close against him and began to softly sing in her ear along with the music.

The stars are aglow
And tonight how their light sets me dreaming
My love, do you know
That your eyes are like stars brightly beaming
I bring you and I sing you
A moonlight serenade.

His voice was like velvet and he lightly kissed her neck, making her shiver. Her knees went weak and she missed a step, but Mick’s strong arms held her fast. The hand on the small of her back pulled her to him even tighter, pressing them together. Her eyes widened in surprised but he merely winked at her momentary discomfit and continued dancing.

When at last the song ended, he guided her off the dance floor and towards the bar with his hand still at her waist. “Would you like something to drink?” he asked, not letting on about what had just happened while dancing.

“Yes, thank you. Scotch on the rocks,” she told the bartender. Mick raised an approving eyebrow.

“A scotch drinker, eh? I’m impressed. Here I had you pegged as a chardonnay kind of gal.”

“I’m full of surprises,” she answered in her best flirty voice.

He grinned and carried their drinks over to a small table and sat down. As Mick sipped his drink he put his other hand on her thigh under the table. Without saying a word Beth scooted a few inches away. Mick scooted closer and rested his hand on her thigh again. She scooted away once more and Mick laughed, bringing his hand back to the top of the table.

“Playing hard to get, eh?” he whispered.

Beth coughed and changed the subject. “This is an incredible mansion. I wonder what the rest of it looks like?”

Mick downed the rest of his drink in one gulp. “Let’s go find out.”

Beth looked startled. “What? We can’t just go snooping around!”

“Who’s going to know?” He stood and offered her his hand as he prepared to pull out her chair. “C’mon, let’s go explore.”

Beth looked at him with uncertainty, but swallowed the rest of her drink and stood up, accepting his hand. “Are you sure we won’t get into trouble?”

“Nah. As long as you don’t steal anything, what are they going to do?”

“But what if somebody sees us?”

“So what? The worst that can happen is they’ll ask us to leave and return to the ballroom.” He paused to look her up and down. “You aren’t planning to steal anything, are you?”

Beth playfully swatted his arm with her clutch purse. “Of course not!” she said in mock indignation.

Mick gave her a wink and they began to wend their way around the tables and little knots of people standing around chatting. With a last glance around the room, he opened a door and they slipped into a deserted hallway, quietly closing the door behind them.

Beth let out low whistle when she saw the rich mahogany-paneled hallway hung with paintings. “Look at this artwork!” They walked along holding hands admiring the paintings and peeking into rooms.

“Wow, check this out!” Mick said, pulling her into a room and shutting the door. They were in the library, with floor-to-ceiling shelves full of books and one of those rolling ladders to reach the uppermost shelves. The wood was the same rich mahogany as the hallway. One end of the room had a fireplace and two wingback chairs while the opposite end had a leather sofa in dark chocolate brown.

Beth’s eyes grew wide and she twirled herself around with arms outstretched. “I feel just like Belle in the Disney Beauty and the Beast movie!” she giggled.

“Do you mean to tell me you watch Disney DVD’s?” he asked with a twinkle in his eye. Beth stopped turning and looked a bit embarrassed. Laughing, Mick put his arms around her waist and picked her up, spinning her around until Beth was laughing too, her arms around his neck.

Suddenly the mood became electric. They slowly came to a stop, staring into each other’s eyes. Standing still in the middle of the library, Mick leaned in slowly to kiss her, his eyes on her mouth. Beth saw it coming and pulled back a bit, but Mick followed and gave her a short, tentative kiss on the lips. When Beth didn’t resist, he went for another one and this time she kissed him back, giving him two short kisses. They broke apart and searched each other's faces. In an instant their lips pressed together and their passion ignited. Their tongues entwined and it seemed they couldn’t get enough. Mick scooped Beth up and carried her to the leather sofa, laying down together.

“What… what if someone comes in?” she asked nervously.

“Shhh,” he put a finger over her lips. “Besides, the thought of getting caught makes it that much more exciting, don’t you think?” he asked with his irresistible half grin. Then his smile faded and he stared into the bluest eyes he had ever seen. “You’re beautiful, do you know that?” he said in a husky voice.

Her only answer was to pull his mouth to hers once again.

MLMLMLML

Beth blinked slowly awake and smiled when she saw Mick in all his naked glory sleeping next to her. She rolled onto her side and ran a finger lightly through the hair on his chest, eliciting a smile and then a giggle from him.

“Hey, that tickles!” he said, grabbing her hand and bringing it to his lips for a kiss. He turned to face her. “Good morning, beautiful.”

“Good morning handsome,” she replied with a smile. “I had so much fun last night. Thank you for a wonderful evening.”

“It was fun, wasn’t it? We should do it again sometime.”

Beth pushed up the lid to their double-wide freezer and started to climb out. “Yes, but next time I get to be the seducer.”

Mick smiled as he made a graceful leap out of the freezer. “Oh, I can’t wait to see that!”

“Do you think Josef is going to be upset about what we did on his leather couch?” she asked as she slipped into a robe.

Mick pulled on some silk pajama bottoms. “I’m sure of it! I expect a call any minute.”

“We barely made it out of there with our clothes!” she giggled. “He must have known we were in there.” Beth put her arms around his neck and they shared an affectionate kiss. “It was worth it though, wasn’t it?” Beth asked,

“Totally,” Mick replied.

The End.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Do I Know You? (PG-13)

Post by allegrita »

Do you mean to tell us you've been hiding this little gem for nearly four years?! Shame on you, MLC! :nonono: But seriously, it's such a wonderful little fantasy... :melts: :melts: :melts: and it ends in the best way! :heart: (But somehow I'm envisioning the old-fashioned, European Josef from the pilot, owning that fabulous mansion.... which makes this fantasy even more fun!) :winky:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:rolling: Maybe they should started looking for a spot in the loft to fit Josef's leather couch!!! That was so much fun to read, MLC!! :hearts:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I wasn't hiding it on purpose, Alle! :laugh: It even has an MLC zinger at the end!

Maggatha, I doubt Josef would just give them his couch... he probably made Mick buy it. :snicker:

Thanks for reading and commenting! :ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

What a gem!
Given the good nose of vampires, Josef will know exactly what they did on that couch. Maybe he will want to burn it.
Beth and Mick have such a wonderful relationship, keeping things interesting. They are making their own fanfic of their life. Love it! :hearts:

Return to “MickLifeCrisis' Office”