Seven Times Seven (PG) - Seven Sins Challenge #171

A place for MickLifeCrisis' G to PG-13 stories
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Seven Times Seven (PG) - Seven Sins Challenge #171

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight, its characters or any of its dialogue.
Rated: PG
A/N: For the Seven Deadly Sins Challenge #171. Each vignette is exactly 7 lines, not including the Sin title. Hugs and thanks to Moonlighter for bouncing ideas with me! :flowers:

Seven Times Seven

Envy

“Mick - keep an eye on him.”

As Lilah ran into Ray’s arms for one last kiss, I tried to look away, to give them some space. But I couldn’t. We’d been friends all our lives, yet I’d kept my true feelings for Lilah hidden for years, even as I stood up for Ray at their wedding. But even that didn’t gnaw at my insides like watching this farewell, and promising her I’d look out for him.

“Be safe, Ray. I love you.”

Greed

“Don’t be so naïve - you make horror movies.”

My god, his eyes… and he has fangs! Can it really be true? Hell, this is even better than if Audrey had been murdered. What an ending it will make to his life story! Why, I’ll make back every dollar I spent buying his story tenfold at least!

“Oh, your movie’s gonna rock!”

Wrath

“You’re a…?

That scumbag Anders can’t believe that I’m a vampire now, when I was human just a few hours ago in his office. But I am, and this time I’m glad, because I’m going to wipe the floor with this guy and enjoy every minute of it. He kidnapped Beth – my Beth - and now he’s going to pay for it. The beast within me is reveling in the smell of fear in this room and knows I won’t hold him back. Not this time.

“Oh, yeah.”

Lust

“I wanna be close to you.”

She’s close alright - too close. I can feel her heat; feel her desire. It’s driving me insane and it’s all I can do to keep from putting my arms around her and crushing her lips with mine as I rip off that dress and ravish her right here, right now. But I won’t – I can’t. Well, maybe just a kiss…

“Come on, Mick. Join me.”

Gluttony

I forgot how painful being human can be, but I don’t care. A hot shower eased the aches; clean clothes have never felt so good and as for the hunger? I want all kinds of food. Lots of it. Anything and everything. No sense being picky – it will all seem new to me. Now, where are those carry-out menus Beth keeps around here?

Sloth

With Travis in his cat carrier and Maureen’s flash drive safely in my pocket we head out for Logan’s.

“Beth, Logan is the vampire version of a slob. He never leaves his basement apartment and has his blood delivered fresh every day. The place is full of piles of laundry, dirty drinking glasses, video games, action figures, magazines, posters, you name it. Then there are all the high tech pieces and parts that he uses to build and repair computers and servers. Just don’t let it deceive you. He’s a tech wizard.”

Pride

“It's not easy being a newbie - trust me.”

She thought I was just hurting, but I wanted to die; I wanted her to kill me. But she stood there, smiling, so sure she had done the right thing in turning me. Going on about how wonderful it would be. She put that young woman’s neck right under my nose, knowing I was starving and hadn’t the strength to refuse. And as I bit down and her life blood flowed down my throat, Coraline smiled down at me, like a mother so proud of her toddler eating his vegetables. I had to turn away.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Seven Times Seven (PG) - Seven Sins Challenge #171

Post by Shadow »

This is so cleverly done, with the seven lines each for the seven sins. Amazing idea to do it this way. It makes for a lovely bit of symmetry.

I like how you've slipped in bits with Coraline (Pride, how perfect for her at that moment), Shepherd and Logan as well ... although, poor Logan, getting stuck with sloth! I can certainly see Mick pinning that one on him, though. And I suppose his apartment is a bit messy.....

It's really cool how you've got Mick as a pre-vamp human, a vampire, and as a post-vamp human in relation to this list. Every state he's been in is represented here.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, what a wonderful response to the Challenge! I love the way you've covered lots of different characters, even some that we only met once. Each sin is very well represented, too. :devil: I love the little vignettes. Great job, MLC!! :clapping:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Shadow wrote: It's really cool how you've got Mick as a pre-vamp human, a vampire, and as a post-vamp human in relation to this list. Every state he's been in is represented here.
I wasn't even aware I did that! :snicker: Thank you for the great comments, Shadow!
allegrita wrote:Ooh, what a wonderful response to the Challenge! I love the way you've covered lots of different characters, even some that we only met once. Each sin is very well represented, too. :devil: I love the little vignettes. Great job, MLC!! :clapping:
Thanks, Alle. Glad you liked it. It's probably obvious who got left out, and I tried to work Josef in, really! But nothing fit quite right. And he was very indignant at even being considered for Greed. :eyeroll:

:ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I bet he was! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Return to “MickLifeCrisis' Office”