Searching for Sonny - part 2 - World Premiere

Locked Jason threads are here.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Searching for Sonny - part 2

Post by Lilly »

Big news! Andrew Disney and Red Productions have submitted Searching for Sonny for the Sundance Film Festival!!! :yahoo:

From Facebook:

Red Productions Dear UPS driver, please make sure our little film makes it safely to Sundance.
Searching for Sonny has now officially been submitted. Let's hope we're all Dancin' in 2011!

Looks like I'm going to have to do some research on the ins and outs of Sundance. :chin:

:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
NightAir
Fledgling

Post by NightAir »

Good luck to them! :hyper: :fingerscrossed:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That is SO cool! I'm like this now: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :pray: :pray: :pray:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I'm excited!!! This could be key to getting a distribution deal (I think that's part of what happens at Sundance.)

On facebook, I just asked the question if there's anything we can do to help.
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

That is awesome news!! :yahoo:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Recently, I was able to ask Searching for Sonny's editor extraordinaire, Sam Parnell, a few questions about the status of the film.

Now that it's been submitted to the Sundance Film Festival, I asked him what's next. He told me that in addition to sending it out to other festivals, they still need to get the picture "locked," and then sent out for color grading, scoring, sound mixing. I was surprised to hear that they could submit the film to Sundance in unfinished form, so I asked him about that. He replied that it's perfectly acceptable to submit an unfinished film. They just needed to preface that fact in the notes that accompanied the entry. In this case they specified that it was a rough cut with temp music and no audio mixing or color correction. That gives them the next 2-3 months to finish all that, and then if it's accepted, they can send in the final version at that time.

Looking at the Sundance submission form, it wasn't clear to me how many films are actually accepted for the festival. Sam told me that it's close to two hundred. I was surprised to hear that the number is that high, but that certainly bodes well for our little film. :teeth:

Since he had mentioned that they were still working with temp music, I took the opportunity to ask about the music selection process. I wondered if it was a matter of securing the licensing to use the music they wanted or if they still have choices to make in that regard. I recalled that during my visit in May, one of the producers told me that the song used in the original trailer couldn't be used any longer because of licensing issues. I asked if there are backup choices in case they hit a snag with securing the rights along the way. Sam responded that they have a music supervisor who is trying to secure rights to certain tracks that they want. Also, it's his job to locate "other random ones" that they could get rights to if they so chose. These will be presented to Andrew Disney who will make the ultimate decision on what musical selections are used in the final product.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, what a cool look into the process of making a film! Thanks so much, Lilly--these are things I'd never have even known to ask about. :hug:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Finally! A little behind-the-scenes video.... Nick Kocher takes the term "hijacking an interview" to a whole new level. :snicker:

Don't miss Jason at the end!
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

:giggle: :giggle:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Oh! New Jason-ness...if only for a few second, but still. Adorable.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:rolling: I love those guys... :hearts:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

librarian_7 wrote:Oh! New Jason-ness...if only for a few second, but still. Adorable.
He looked amused. And a bit uncertain. And adorable.

allegrita wrote: :rolling: I love those guys... :hearts:
Me too! And Brian just cracks me up. Sooo serious. :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Image This is not generally the type of story that I'd post here, or one that would get my attention at all for that matter, but yesterday Minka Kelly was named the "Sexiest Woman Alive" by Esquire Magazine.

http://www.esquire.com/women/the-sexies ... -pics-1110

Well, good for her --- but even better for our film!! The story was picked up by dozens of news outlets and bloggers and, in most of the resulting articles, her upcoming film "Searching for Sonny" was mentioned. :yahoo: You can't buy publicity like this and you can bet that there are many more eyes on this movie than there were last week. :woohoo: I can't wait to see what this turn of events does for the film's MOVIEmeter rating on IMDb next week. :teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

:woohoo: That's great!!!
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Very shrewdly, the Searching for Sonny team has updated the film's IMDb page to include 5 photos featuring Minka in the movie...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1456939/

:teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index

Return to “The Jason Archives”