Finding Innocence - Conclusion - PG

fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Re: Finding Innocence - Conclusion - PG

Post by fairytoes »

Lilly, what a beautiful story. While I was reading it, I went through all different sorts of emotions.
I was smiling and crying at the same time.
I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you for this perfect story! :flowers:
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!
Penina Spinka
Freelance freshie

Post by Penina Spinka »

I didn't see my prior comments because I read it posted elsewhere, but I loved your story then and still do. I have to say, it still reaches out and touches me. Beautiful writing, Lilly. Thank you to WPGrace and the panel for placing this on Coffee's recommendations this hot July. Mick's perpetual 'cool' is especially welcome in my hot AZ desert summer. Penina
Read Sam stories by Penina My index: http://www.moonlightaholics.com/viewforum.php?f=560
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Lilly~~ thank you for this story. It was delightfully touching and sweetly rendered. It put such a smile on my face.

Wonderful.
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

wonderful story, it was like I was watching an episode of Moonlight. Thank you for your
gift. Keeping Moonlight alive.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh... :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:
This is really the loveliest story, dear Lilly. And it was your first...I love it so much. I love the fact that Mick just let Matthew tell his most feared secret. He didn't try to mitigate the damage... he just dealt with it. And maybe he learned a little something about trust himself in the process. :hug:

And Renee, so accepting of her son, so grateful to Mick for bringing Matthew back to her. And so accepting of what she sees as an everyday miracle...because Renee has learned to accept her miracles when they arrive, and not to examine them too closely. She'll never know how out of the ordinary this particular miracle was...and to her, that knowledge isn't necessary. :heart:
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Read the whole story earlier today just now have a chance to comment.

This was a beautiful story so full of love & acceptance for both Mick & Matthew. Thank you so much for sharing your heart & your talent.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a perfect ending. :cloud9: I'm so glad I had a chance to reread this story. It really feels like Moonlight, and yet it's so completely your own story. I wish I could have seen this onscreen; it would be absolutely perfect for Alex. He would show us all of Mick's thoughts, helped along by those wonderful voiceovers... :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:

One thing that struck me this time through... that last bit about Renee not questioning miracles. I think Mick has just been given a dose of that philosophy. He took Matthew back to his mother, prepared to accept the consequences of his exposure... and he was given another gift--the gift of a mother's unquestioning love and acceptance, not just of her son but of the specialness of the man who brought him back to her. Whatever it is that makes him special, she sees the goodness in him. And that's all she needs to know.

I think that is a gift Mick will cherish. And maybe the echoes of that acceptance will resonate in his memory when grown-up Beth accepts him--all of him. :heart:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:hearts: What a lovely conclusion to this heart-warming story. :cloud9:

Mick was accepted and embraced not only by Matthew, but also by Renee. Hopefully, Mick will begin to accept and embrace himself. He is indeed special, in more ways than he realizes.

Thank you, Lilly! I really enjoyed reading this story. :rose: :hug:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hey Lilly...I just read this again. It just came to me that I wanted to read this again. My autistic little boy is now in his first year...first month of his first year...in college. And no longer a little boy. Fingers crossed he settles in, and maybe even gets a degree.

I hope your babies, no longer babies, are doing well too.

This is a great story. :heart: I’ll always be grateful for it. And you should be proud.

:rose:
Grace
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:heart: :heart: :heart:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Ohhhh, Grace!!! :hug: :hankie: It's soooo good to see you -- and thank you for this. :heart:

I've thought about you -- and you "little" guy often. It's just wonderful to hear from you. My "Matthew" turned 21 earlier this year :dizzy: and he's completed 4 semesters at a local community college. We tried it as an experiment in independence rather than with a definite goal in mind. He's earned about half of the required credits for an Associates degree, but more importantly he did it himself - navigating the campus, finding his classes, getting lunch at the student center and completing course requirements without the help of an aide or any special accommodations. And he did it with a 3.44 grade average. :hearts:

Honestly, we've come so far I had almost forgotten some of the little quirks I had written into Matthew in this story. Reading it again brought back waves of nostalgia -- for so many things.

Thank you for coming here and for sharing your news. It means more to me than I can ever say. :heart: :rose: :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

What an amazingly beautiful story! I can see how Mick was so touched by her and her son. Maybe Mick can learn to stop seeing himself as a monster!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Lilly wrote:Ohhhh, Grace!!! :hug: :hankie: It's soooo good to see you -- and thank you for this. :heart:

I've thought about you -- and you "little" guy often. It's just wonderful to hear from you. My "Matthew" turned 21 earlier this year :dizzy: and he's completed 4 semesters at a local community college. We tried it as an experiment in independence rather than with a definite goal in mind. He's earned about half of the required credits for an Associates degree, but more importantly he did it himself - navigating the campus, finding his classes, getting lunch at the student center and completing course requirements without the help of an aide or any special accommodations. And he did it with a 3.44 grade average. :hearts:

Honestly, we've come so far I had almost forgotten some of the little quirks I had written into Matthew in this story. Reading it again brought back waves of nostalgia -- for so many things.

Thank you for coming here and for sharing your news. It means more to me than I can ever say. :heart: :rose: :hug:
Oh I am so happy to know your “Matthew” is living the life! I must admit there were a few times we feared my kid wouldn’t make it outta high school. He just didn’t...really still doesn’t...get why he has to follow rules that he doesn’t care for. But he graduated. And he seems to have settled into college, where the rules aren’t quite as buttoned up as at high school.

I’ve thought of your story often over the years. Now my kid is in college, I wanted to re-read it. There’s triumph in your story. I’m all about celebrating our kids’ triumphs! Plus, ya know, girl, it’s a great story. Forgetting about the autism, it’s just a great Mick tale.❤️

Best of luck to your guys. Hopefully all our kids prosper. And *hugs* to you.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you, Ella! I'm so glad you enjoyed this story. :rose: :hug:

Grace - Just lots of :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowers:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “Finding Innocence”