The Plan Chap 4--The Cure (Pg-13)Final chapter

Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

The Plan Chap 4--The Cure (Pg-13)Final chapter

Post by Emma-lee »

A/N: This is the final chapter of this fic. I beg forgiveness of my readers...I did not mean for it to be so long in between chapter 3 and this one. Real life can be so intrusive sometimes. I hope this conveyed what I feel was Cora's intentions all along. What she did, she did for Mick. She truly loves him and even though her actions were not always in his best interest, she did it all because of her love for him. Thanks again to my beta Jen. And as always I do not own Moonlight ....I just wish i did.

The Plan--Chapter 4.'The Cure'

Coraline was pleased at how easy it had been to get out of the hospital. Too bad finding a way to make the cure permanent was not so easy. She knew the sure fire way to get Mick to come back to her was to find a way to make him human again. To give him back what she had taken away. Slowly, she was beginning to understand why he wanted to be human again. The cure had made her remember what she had been missing all those centuries- what she had forgotten even existed. Not that being a vampire was a bad thing. In fact, the power, the immortality- what could be better? But if Mick wanted to be human again, then she would take the cure forever, just so she could be with him again.

She knew Cynthia was never fond of Mick. More accurately, she resents him. She has always resented the love Coraline feels for him. That was why Coraline could never quite believe that her friend agreed to help find a way to make more of the cure, and hopefully a way to make it permanent. She told her that it was because she was bored, and tired of being a vampire. After all, she liked the excitement of tempting fate, and as a vampire, fate wasn't exactly that much of a challenge. She was pretty sure Cynthia knew her true reasoning, though. Mick. In the end, it came down to a very simple fact. Cynthia hated Mick, but she loved Coraline more than she hated him.

They were able to secure the old abandoned warehouse without much difficulty. There were plenty of them in LA. Even getting the vampire scientist to help was easy. Between having his help and Cynthia’s new college degrees, they were close to finding a way to make more of the cure. The hard part was making sure the botanical shipments from Europe were under the radar- and not just the human radar. Josef was pretty thorough in his paranoia, and she was positive that if he knew what she was doing, she would not be doing it at all.

The lucky thing for them was that L.A. had dozens of feral and newly turned vamps. They were perfect to test the formula on and it was doing the community a favor. She was killing two bats with one stone, essentially. This way, she had test subjects and was taking out the trash at the same time. Nobody ever missed them. After all, most of their own sires did not even want them.

When Lance barged in, it threw a monkey wrench into her plans. She had no idea he was that close to finding her. She tried to reason with him. She knew it would never work, but she needed to stall him until she could figure out a way out -with her head still attached. When Mick jumped down from the skylight, it was perfect timing. Mick had always been quite the gentleman, however stupid he might be sometimes. One of his most charming attributes, really. Lance was centuries older than him. But she didn’t take the time to think more about it, she grabbed the cure and fled the warehouse. She hoped that her beloved Mick made it out of there in one piece.

It was lucky Cynthia still had the hotel room rented and it was not too far from the warehouse. Cynthia begged Coraline to leave L.A. now- they could hide out and start over in another country. But Coraline had to make sure Mick was ok. She had to try one last time to get him to come with her. She told Cynthia to go ahead and she would catch up in a day or two.

Coraline hurried over to Mick’s apartment, but frowned when she scented that blonde already there. She had wanted to check on him, make sure he was ok. She knocked on the door and waited to see the blonde’s reaction. When the blonde left with not so much as a backwards glance, Coraline shrugged- she must be growing on her.

She sat on Mick’s couch and waited for him to join her. She got a good view of him and the blonde, the way he watched her leave. The emotion she could feel radiating off of him. She decided in that moment to give him what he wanted so badly, what she had taken from him so many years ago.

When she showed him the cure, his face lit up. She was finally right about what he wanted. Too bad it is not a permanent solution, but it should help him to forgive her. She did not want to tell him the whole truth about her family- his family now as well. It was safer for Mick if he did not know all of it. She figured it was a lie that would be in his best interest. His demeanor softened a bit towards her as she offered to give him some of the cure. She explained that she finally understood how he felt. She wanted to feel life again- to really feel alive. It took her three centuries to realize what he knew from the start. She also realized something even more important: as much as she had believed otherwise, maybe love can’t exist without mortality.

She watched as the cure was absorbed into his arm. They talked about how they could continue her work on the cure. She knew that by giving him the cure, there was a chance he would forgive her for the past. They walked out of the back of his building so she could get away before Lance traced her to him, but it was too late. Lance ambushed them. Mick being the protector he always was, tried to attack him. It was a futile attempt- even as a vamp there was no way Mick could defeat Lance. Luckily for Mick, the cure had not fully taken effect or the blows he received from Lance would have killed him for sure. She watched in horror as Lance stood to kill Mick. That just couldn't happen. He had saved her, it was now her turn to save him.

She knew what would happen to her when Lance brought her to their sire, but if it kept her Mick safe, it was all worth it. It had been worth everything, just to see how happy the cure had made him, even if she only got to see a few minutes of it with him. She tried not to show any fear as Lance knelt behind her- she knew what was coming next. No point in stiffening for it- that just makes the pain worse. Lance was enjoying drawing out the inevitable, making her suffer just by making her wait.

When it finally came, the pain burned through her chest. It was almost as bad as when the blonde stabbed her- only this time it was Lance’s arms she fell into and not Mick’s. She felt Lance carry her off and she knew this time, the ending was not going to be a happy one. She looked back at Mick one last time, the words she said to him lost in her paralyzed throat…

“Mick, I did it all for you. I love you.”

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Re: The Plan Chap 4--The Cure (Pg-13)Final chapter

Post by jenstc2003 »

Brilliantly done, Em!! Only a handful of people can make me feel for Cora- and you're one. Loved this series!
Jen

Mick's Synful One
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Great story, great ending!! I feel so bad for Coraline in this story!!! :bmoon: I love this story!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hankie: :dizzy: :whistle: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jenstc2003 wrote:Brilliantly done, Em!! Only a handful of people can make me feel for Cora- and you're one. Loved this series!
Thank you very much. If one more person feels for Cora..then I have accomplished my goal... :snicker:
mitzie wrote:Great story, great ending!! I feel so bad for Coraline in this story!!! :bmoon: I love this story!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hankie: :dizzy: :whistle: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :flowers:

Thanks Mitzie. I am very glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

mitzie :mooncat:

ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

Oh contary to popular belief, I hope that her sire is easy on her, maybe staked for a few months or so. I hope she makes it to go after Mick again, just so Beth can really get her this time :snicker: :rolling:

Seriously now. Very good story hun. I have no doubts of her love of him, just the kind of love. But is was love regard less and you show it beautifully :clapping: Cora will forever be in my heart, believe it or not
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

ash wrote:Oh contary to popular belief, I hope that her sire is easy on her, maybe staked for a few months or so. I hope she makes it to go after Mick again, just so Beth can really get her this time :snicker: :rolling:

Seriously now. Very good story hun. I have no doubts of her love of him, just the kind of love. But is was love regard less and you show it beautifully :clapping: Cora will forever be in my heart, believe it or not

Thanks Ash...though I think that when Cora comes back...Beth won't be able to get as good a whack at her this time. :snicker:

I am glad you see the love Cora had for him...and enjoyed my Cora fic...

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

I think Mick may be able to forgive Cora, but I think it will take several centuries of water under the bridge for the trauma to pass.

If Cora had never turned Mick, he would never have lived to save Beth, let alone come to love her. If Cora had never turned Mick, he would probably be dead by now.

But, somehow, I think that over the centuries, Cora's definition of love became more about possessing and being posessed than growing together and becoming a part of each other. You have bravely expressed an opinion and your fic is quite wonderfully wirtten. Cora truly thinks that she loves Mick, but Turning him in the way she did was just not smart. I truly hoped she would come to see and acknowledge that.

Thanks, Emma!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

jen wrote:I think Mick may be able to forgive Cora, but I think it will take several centuries of water under the bridge for the trauma to pass.

If Cora had never turned Mick, he would never have lived to save Beth, let alone come to love her. If Cora had never turned Mick, he would probably be dead by now.

But, somehow, I think that over the centuries, Cora's definition of love became more about possessing and being posessed than growing together and becoming a part of each other. You have bravely expressed an opinion and your fic is quite wonderfully wirtten. Cora truly thinks that she loves Mick, but Turning him in the way she did was just not smart. I truly hoped she would come to see and acknowledge that.

Thanks, Emma!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
:hug: Thanks Jen. I try to write fics from a different perspective. I agree that Cora's sense of love had gotten twisted over the years. And possibly even from her past as a human. I think she really does care for Mick, she just does not know the right way to express it. Thanks for reading!

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I just re-read this story. Coraline is such a great character because she is evil and passionate and cunning but you can't help but feel for her because loving Mick is just so easy. Her plan backfired, because she didn't take several factors into account, not the last being Beth. This story is great!
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

francis wrote:I just re-read this story. Coraline is such a great character because she is evil and passionate and cunning but you can't help but feel for her because loving Mick is just so easy. Her plan backfired, because she didn't take several factors into account, not the last being Beth. This story is great!

Francis so sorry i just now saw that you commented. :blushing: Thank you for re-reading. She is easily one of my favorite characters to write about as there is so much depth to her we did not get to see. Coraline def. did not take into account Beth..or at least how strong Beth would be.

Return to “The Plan”