Champagne challenge #125 - Fresh Blood, New Year - PG

A place for JosefsRose's G to PG-13 stories
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Champagne challenge #125 - Fresh Blood, New Year - PG

Post by JosefsRose »

Here is my submission for this challenge.

Disclaimer, the usual I don't own Moonlight. Only my own fevered imagination.

Rating PG

Fresh Blood, New Year

She wasn’t your idea of the perfect woman. Petite, and curvy. Dark hair, falling to half way down her back. Her face was slightly rounded with high cheek bones, full lips and almond shaped eyes. Her eyes though were striking, they were the most piercing blue.
So how had she ended up here, in a palatial house feeding a vampire. Even as the wave of euphoria swept over her she remembered.
She had been travelling around the country, working at menial jobs like waitressing or stacking shelves. Never staying anywhere for long, just drifting from place to place. Eventually she had made her way to Los Angeles. She was staying in a motel, and her savings were soon going to dry up. So to raise funds she headed to the blood bank to donate, knowing that she would receive money for giving. It was here that she met Francesca. It was her that introduced her, to her new life.

“Hi I’m Francesca. I’m going to take a few details before we draw your blood.” Her smile was genuine and warm. “So what’s your name?”

“Cassidy Jones. It’s nice to meet you.” Cassidy offered her hand and it was shaken.

Francesca made the note and continued on, “OK next question, Date of birth.”

“31st October 1991. I’ll be 20 this year.” A surprised look appeared on the girls face.

“Your birthday is Halloween. Party’s at your house then?” it was meant as a joke but Cassidy’s face grew sombre. “Don’t tell me you’ve never had a party on your birthday.”

“Oh I’ve had a party. It’s just…..” she chewed her lip.

Realisation dawned “No home?” Cassidy shook her head. “Where are you staying at the moment?”

“I’m at a motel, but my funds are running short. Hence why I’m here.” She dropped her head.

“Which motel? I need it for the records.” She put a comforting hand on her shoulder. And jotted down the address on the form. “Okay, just a couple more and then were done and can get started. Have now or ever had any communicable diseases?” Cassidy shook her head again. “Last one. Have you ever given blood before?”

Now she smiled, and a small laugh welled up. “Oh yes many times. I have AB- blood. So I used to donate every couple of months.”

“Right then you know what’s going to happen. We’ll get started.” With a practice movement the needle was in and the blood started to flow. “I know this sounds a silly question, but do you have a job?”

“I was going to look for one this week. I normally take things like waitressing or working in burger bars. Why do you know of one going?” her curiosity was peeked.

“Well it depends. Can you have an open mind?” Cassidy was even more confused. Francesca was being obtuse.

“In all the time I have travelled I have come across a few strange things. So yeah I can be open minded. Why?” the bag had filled and it was quickly removed. She then quickly drew a little extra blood.

“Let’s say I know of a unique opportunity that pays exceptionally well.”

She had barely finished when Cassidy erupted. “I am not that cheap.” She was halted by the smirking girl.

“No, oh God no. It’s not that. Let’s say that you would be in a very select group. I used to be in it, until I worked my way through school. Now I’m a talent scout of sorts. I think you would fit right in.” she handed her a card once she had finished withdrawing the needle. “Look it’s up to you, I’ll make a note of your number, and then give you a call in a couple of days. That way you have a chance to think about it. What do you say to that?” She started clearing up the utensils, safely disposing of the needle.
“I have a question for you. Why did you take the vial of my blood?” she kept her face neutral. It was clear to Francesca that her action had not gone unnoticed.

“It’s a sample. The results of the test would make or break the kind of work you would be offered.” She looked about and smiled. “I personally think you would be perfect, but like I said you need to have an open mind.”

Cassidy looked at her and with total confidence said. “Yes.”

“Pardon?”

“Yes, I accept. To be honest anything has to be better than working in a dingy diner.”

“Oh well, umm. Can you give me a couple of hours. I need to finish here and then get this sample tested. We could meet say in the café in the mall. At 6.30pm.”

“Sure that sounds good. I love to wander round the mall, window shopping. See you at 6.30 Francesca.” She sat up swung her legs off the bed she had been on and dropped lightly to the floor. The rest as they say is history. She had met up, and they had talked. Then Francesca took her to an agency, where she was brought into the world of vampires. It was a week later that the invite to the party came through. It was her first official engagement. It was New Year and her new life spread out before her.

He was stood in front of her. Dressed impeccably, in a charcoal grey suit and burgundy shirt. “Good evening my dear, may I?” he offered a hand and she offered her wrist. “You’re new, may I know your name?” He was charming, and handsome.

“Cassidy.” She remembered what she had been told. Keep talking to a minimum. Answer only what she had been asked. He was inhaling her scent, and she gave a small shiver.

“Hmm,” then with a smooth motion his fangs penetrated her flesh, and a gentle pull on her wrist was the only thing she physically felt. Then it was over and she came back to the present. “You are delightful. I wish to offer you a contract. My name is Josef.”
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Champagne challenge #125 - Fresh Blood, New Year - PG

Post by francis »

That was great. Of course the blood bank would be a place to recruit newbies. :teeth:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Yes, francis is right, it would be an obvious choice for freshie selection. Interesting that you've given your girl a disadvantaged background. I have my own thoughts about reasons girls get into the 'life'. What made you choose that particular background for your character?
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wonderful!

What a delightful entry into this months challenge! You have met it with style!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Oh, WOW....I know all the fun starts with "AN open mind".
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Cool story, JosefsRose! I can easily imagine this sort of background for a freshie. And Cassidy's one lucky lady to have met up with Francesca...and Josef! :twothumbs:
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Post by JosefsRose »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:Yes, francis is right, it would be an obvious choice for freshie selection. Interesting that you've given your girl a disadvantaged background. I have my own thoughts about reasons girls get into the 'life'. What made you choose that particular background for your character?
Hi Luxe de luxe

Her overall background wasn't disadvantaged as she had savings. She had been travelling for some time so her funds ran down. Hence the menial jobs. She was a wander, in search of something better. I wrote it this way as it seemed to me that the prospect of selection would be high at a blood donor session.

Many thanks to Allegreta, Francis,Jen, and Lucy for you comments. It means alot to my muse and myself.

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

The blood bank would be a good place to scope out talent and a rare type must always raise a flag.

Cassidy lucked out It's always good to meet Josef. :teeth:
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Interesting how all the Freshies in the Challenge end up with Josef....... Smart girls! :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
banner by Cprav
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

I agree that the Blood Bank is the perfect recruiting station. And you never know what'll happen if you just "open your mind."
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I love revisiting old challenges and Freshies are a topic near and dear. Blood bank is the perfect place for new talent.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wonderful reread!

This newby freshie had no idea that in her veins was the key to her future, and a very comfortable future it would be!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Post by JosefsRose »

I wish to say thanks to those who have both recently and in the past, commented on this story. I wish you all well and hope that some time in the future I will have new content for you to read.

Best wishes,

Jenny :rose:

nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Hey, Josef's Rose,
Just found this in active topics. What an interesting concept for freshie recruiting. It makes perfect sense. After all, where better to find and screen donors than a blood bank? I like the fact that your girl isn't some poor waif rescued after stumbling from some fashion week catwalk into a private jet. :winky: After all, eye candy is great fun, but where's the nutrition?
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo

Return to “JosefsRose's Office”