Don't Fear the Reaper -challenge fic-PG

A place for JosefsRose's G to PG-13 stories
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Don't Fear the Reaper -challenge fic-PG

Post by JosefsRose »

This was written for a challenge on another site. The challenge to write a Moonlight fic, in a week inspired by a song. My inspiration came from the title song by the Blue Oyster Cult.

Disclaimer - I don't own Moonlight or the song, just my twisted imagination.

rating - PG

Don't Fear the Reaper

Beth was in her apartment she was tired and fed up. She had just wrapped up another story and the toll of the scene was telling on her. She switched on her music, not really caring what she listened to. She caught the end of Hungry Like the Wolf, as she started her shower. As she stepped under the warm, flow of water she heard the strains of the next track.

All our times have come
Here but now they're gone
Seasons don't fear the reaper

Beth started to hum the tune, as she stood allowing the water to cascade over her, washing the grime of the day off her. Her mind wandered and she began to sing along.
“Nor do the wind, the sun or the rain.. we can be like they are”

Her thoughts went to Mick, and what he was. She smiled at the thought of him. It didn’t matter to her what he was. It was who he was. He was man and vamp.
“Come on baby...don't fear the reaper” She paused her hands full of soap. The words of the song made her think.
Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper

She shook herself and continued with washing and rinsing her hair. She carried on with her shower. For a while she just let the water run over her. Relaxing tense and tired muscles.
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man...

The music continued and she lost herself to her thoughts. Coming to she turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. Wrapping her hair in a small towel she pulled another about her body. Heading into her bedroom, she looked about. She sat on the bed and puller the towel from her hair. Taking her brush she started to detangle her hair. The repetitive motion of the brush was soothing. Yet in her mind she wished it was Mick brushing out her hair. The track continued and again her thoughts went to the man who was missing.

Valentine is done
Romeo and Juliet
Are together in eternity...Romeo and Juliet

She listened to the words, they could be taking about her and Mick. They were like the doomed lovers, everything seemed to be against them. Even after Josh had died Mick and her struggled. Neither one admitting their true feelings. She stilled and listened further.

40,000 men and women everyday...Like Romeo and Juliet
40,000 men and women everyday...Redefine happiness
Another 40,000 coming everyday...We can be like they are

The words then took on another meaning. She realised that she had been witness to so many tragedies, so many lives lost. It made her realise that life was fragile, and finite. There was crack and a shattering of glass, Beth twisted round and stumbled, finally falling to the ground. She felt a warmth enveloping her, a calm peace.

Come on baby...don't fear the reaper
Baby take my hand...don't fear the reaper
We'll be able to fly...don't fear the reaper
Baby I'm your man...

Mick heard the shot and using his vamp skills leapt to her balcony. There was shattered glass on the floor, and Beth laying on the floor. A pool of blood spreading out beneath her. He pulled her up, checking her vitals. She was still breathing, but she was losing a lot of blood. She felt him close, and opened her eyes. His eyes were full of fear and sadness.

Love of two is one
Came the last night of sadness

Beth mouthed “I love you.”
And it was clear she couldn't go on

Mick struggled he was going to lose her. He had to make a decision. He bent closer to her, “Beth Beth I need to know…..”
Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew then disappeared

“ Do you want… you can’t leave me Beth.” She struggled to open her eyes again, her gaze was full of love, she knew what Mick was trying to say.
The curtains flew then he appeared...saying don't be afraid
Come on baby...and she had no fear

“Yes” was her hushed reply and she tilted her neck, baring to him. Mick hesitated only briefly before he let the vamp surface, and he bit gently into her neck. Her blood was like nectar to him. Yet he had only taken a couple of mouthfuls, before he heard her heart begin to slow and flutter. He pulled back and kissed her still warm lips. Biting into his own wrist he let his blood drip onto her now pale lips. Almost silently he whispers, “Come on Beth, come back to me.” he watched as her tongue darted out to take what was offered. He lowered his wrist and her small hand rose to hold it to her mouth as she fed. Her grip loosened and Mick lay her back, waiting. He was rewarded as she smiled and he saw the glint of her new fangs. Her eyes opened and her gaze fixed on his.

And she ran to him...then they started to fly

Mick pulled her to him, and kissed her hard. Every ounce of love he felt went into that one kiss. Beth didn’t wait she returned the kiss. Pressing hard onto him, needing to be closer to him than ever. Breaking apart he stood and pulled her up. He was grinning and looking towards the door he had entered from. “Time to go.” He led her to the balcony holding her hand.

They looked backward and said goodbye...she had become like they are
She had taken his hand...she had become like they are
Come on baby...don't fear the reaper

They did that sexy vampire jumping thing, and were gone into the night.
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

Return to “JosefsRose's Office”