Hard Truths- challenge #114- G - rated

A place for JosefsRose's G to PG-13 stories
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Hard Truths- challenge #114- G - rated

Post by JosefsRose »

Hey all, written for the first line challenge.

"Josef...wait, what?" Mick's expression flashed to incredulous disbelief as the words Josef had just spoken finally registered.
Donated by Emerald

Rating -G
Disclaimer, I don't own then I just play with them.

Hard Truths

"Josef...wait, what?" Mick's expression flashed to incredulous disbelief as the words Josef had just spoken finally registered.

“I’m sorry Mick but it’s true.” Josef was stood looking out of the window, not wanting to look at his best friend. “I was hoping I wouldn’t have to tell you.”

“So what you’re going to drop that bombshell and just leave. Typical. So you.” He stalked across the room to the bar and poured himself a very large scotch. He downed it in one and then poured another. Turning he stared at Josef’s back. He shook his head, his hair flicking from left to right as he did so.

“Hey, if I had had my way you’d have never known, and wouldn’t have to suffer your indignant behaviour. I’m just the messenger this time, so don’t go railing off on me. Find the object of that anger and take it out on them.” Now he faced him, his own anger held tightly in check. Taking a deep unneeded breath he strode towards the door. “You know Mick. I respect you, like you said you’re the only one of my friends who’s not there because of the money. But if you do what I think you’ll do. I think that it may have been misplaced.” Then he left, the door closing silently behind him.

It was Mick’s turn to look out of the window. He really wasn’t sure how to take what Josef had just told him. His first instinct was to go and find her. To ask why? How?, but he fought it, he let his logical mind work it out. A smile turned up his mouth and he started to laugh. It was deep and hearty, but is turned a little maniacal. Shortly he stopped, and then other emotions set in. His entire life had been a lie, and he started to cry, great sobs that shook him to the core. Then it dawned on him, he was free. Suddenly he felt as if a great weight had lifted off of him. At vamp speed he grabbed his keys and headed out, he had a few things to do and one of those was apologising to Josef. He hadn’t been that polite to him and he had left in a mood. He leapt the stairs and dropped to the parking garage. Heading to his car. As it came into view he stopped dead, there leaning against his car was Josef. He raised his eyebrows and smirked.

“Well I wondered just how long you would take. So what was the plan, go over there and deal with the problem. Raze her house to the ground.” He pushed off the car.

“No.” Mick just smiled. “I was actually on my way to see you.” Josef’s face fell, he was surprised at that. “I thought it through Josef, and I wanted to say sorry. I was shocked at that revelation you dropped on me.” Mick took a step closer, “So what do you say we go get a drink, and oh I don’t know say talk about old times.” There was a glint of mischief in his eye. Something Josef hadn’t seen for the longest time.

“Well, I should be offend, but I’m surprised. I really thought you’d go off half cocked and do something stupid.” He moved to put an arm around Mick’s shoulder. “Tell you what I’ll even buy the first round, what say you?” He was grinning. Mick gave him an answering grin.

“Your car or mine?” but he was already headed towards Josef’s Ferrari. Climbing to the passenger seat Josef vaulted into the drivers seat. The two friends sped out of the parking garage and into the night. The sounds of childish laughter echoing through the night. The car screeched around corners, and rushed through intersections like they weren’t there. A short while later it pulled up outside of a club, and both men heard the pounding from within, the smiles solidly on their faces. In moments they were at the door and being admitted. The noise of the club was a pulsing beat. Heart beat upon heart beat. The room was filled with women and men, some chatting some dancing just sitting and resting.

“So what’s your poison Mick? Red or white?” he scanned the room and called over a couple of girls.

“Hmmm….. I will….. take the red.” With that he took the girl into his lap, and proceeded to feed. The girl sighed and moaned as he fed. The feeding only interrupted as Josef tapped him on the shoulder….

“It’s your answering service. He says it’s important.”
Last edited by JosefsRose on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

Lucy
Ancient

Re: Hard Truths- challenge #114

Post by Lucy »

DARN, Girl.....you are stringing us on....keeping us in high mystery (really well, too!)

This is going to have to go on..... NOW I need to know it all! :laugh:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Hard Truths- challenge #114

Post by francis »

Hmmm. Did Josef just tell him that the divorce from Coraline is through? But this is around the time LeeJay was roaming the streets - I'm not sure the timeframe is right. Anyway, your writing is great, love the tension between the friends and how it's resolved.
And the visual - Mick shaking his locks, Mick jumping the stairs, Josef leaning on his ferrari - Love it!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: Hard Truths- challenge #114- G - rated

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

ummm.... am not sure what's happened here. has josef maybe just told mick that coraline has taken a child?
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

Likewise, I'm confused. Did I miss something??? :chin:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Post by JosefsRose »

Hey all,

Thank you so much for your feed back the muse thrives on it.

As for what happened, you know, I just don't know. My muse just tells me what to write so that is what I do. I have a feeling it's a sort of missing scene, the bit before Mick gets the call from Bobby. Don't think there is going to be any more of this it is a stand alone one shot.

Hugs to you all,

Jenny :rose:
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I did get the vibe that it was the scene just before Mick got the call from Bobby but I'm really curious as to what bombshell Mick and Josef were talking about.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Jenny

This is great but we are all going to wrrry about what that missing scene is.

Great backstory!

Thanks

:flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Jenny

Just back for a reread!

This is great!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Very intriguing. :chin:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I always found this interesting I do wonder what Mick and Josef were talking about beforehand but I love rereading these old challenges

Return to “JosefsRose's Office”