Forever- a writing exercise - PG

A place for JosefsRose's G to PG-13 stories
JosefsRose
Freelance freshie

Forever- a writing exercise - PG

Post by JosefsRose »

Forever...

She promised herself that she would never let her biological clock tick, not once, not ever. She loved a vampire, she imagined at some point they would fight about her being turned... but being turned became a non-issue as they clung to "right-here, right now."

“Beth, your not old, why would you think you are?” he didn’t understand it. How could he.

“I’m nearly thirty, that’s old. I’m going to have wrinkles soon. What then?” I needed him to get the point. “Your not getting any older. Your forever thirty. Perfect in every way.” He stepped towards me, his arms open ready to embrace me. I hesitate, and step back.

“Beth, you’re not getting wrinkles, and you are perfect. No matter what happens I’ll love you. You are My Beth.” That was it, he just didn’t get it.

“Aghh, you just don’t get it. You’re such a typical man. I’m not getting younger, I only have a finite amount of time. You have forever, no worries about getting old, or what you look like. You said it yourself, perpetual coolness is the vampires curse. I don’t have that. I don’t have forever.” I started to sob, and his arms wrap about me, my hands are on his chest, but give no resistance. “Mick, I want to be with you always. I just need to know that’s what you want.” My tears soaked threw his top.

He had closed his eyes as he took in my scent, he was trying to work out what to say. “Beth, we will work this out, I promise. You have time, when the time comes…” He was struggling with what he was about to say. “I’ll turn you, just not yet. Forever is a long time. For now lets concentrate on what we have, and build on it. Here and now. Can you do that?” He had pulled back from me, and wiped my tears away with his thumbs. That gentlest of touches, touched my heart, deeper than any words. I stared into his blue grey eyes, and saw the love he had for me there. They showed me more than anything, how hard what he had just told me was. My own hand lifted to his face, and traced his strong jaw. Words failed me, so I just nodded. Could I wait? My own fears were letting themselves be known. Lola’s comment about his leaving as I got older, in a few years echoed in my mind. Then those fears were banished, as his lush lips found mine. I could wait. Our kiss became more insistent, and I moaned into his mouth, my hand finding the hair at the base of his neck. Pulling him closer to me. Worries about the future disappeared, as we focused on right here, right now.
What Josef want's. Josef gets!

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Forever- a writing exercise - PG

Post by wpgrace »

Nice honey... he's said the words, but will he do it? Does he really get it? He gets the idea of losing her to death... but does he get HER worries? Such a cool question you've posed. He admires mortality, but does he even relate to it anymore??? Has he been a vamp too long to "get" it?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Good job, nicely written. I keep wondering if he turns her...will he fall in love with another human. If perhaps part of the attraction is that Beth has what he so desires and can't have. If she was another vamp would he still care? I wonder? :Mickangel:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Josef's Rose, this is a fabulous insight into Beth's fears and I don't have the feeling that Mick gets it. He thinks it's enough to stay in the here and now. It might be that some day this will continue with the story pinkiepie wrote to the same challenge. A human doesn't have forever to decide on things, they can't stay in the here and now forever. I really hope this works out and he gets it that she won't wait forever.

Return to “JosefsRose's Office”