Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 11: Love Lasts Forever

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Re: Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 11: Love Lasts Forever

Post by GuardianAngel »

Mick and Beth leave Bionalysis, discussing the blood.

Beth thinks, since her blood is the same as Coraline’s, that could be the reason Beth was singled out as a child, the one Coraline chose to kidnap. Mick’s not sure about that.

But the best possible blood for a vampire to consume is that of a child’s wh the same blood type. Beth’s horrified.

Beth dons her glasses and they leave.

Beth stops and turns around. She’s going to ask a question or make an observation but is cut off by Mick. (I’ve always wanted to know what it is Beth was going to say here.)

What he hears is a rifle (?) being loaded. There’s a van close by and the shooter has Beth in his sights.

Mick sees or hears the shot and gets her out of the way in just the nick of time.

They go down but the shooter continues, bullets riddling the car behind them.

Mick’s finally had enough. He tells Beth to stay down and he jumps up, leaps the railing and goes after the shooter who takes off in a hurry.

He saunters over (really, he saunters - wish I were doing video) and checks the shells left on the ground.

Returning to Beth he asks if she’s okay. She appears to be, yes. But she sees the blood on Mick and assumes that he’s been hit.

No. That might have actually been luckier. The blood is Coraline’s. The vial in his pocket is broken. No more link to the cure.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Why does Alison Lynn have the structure of a complicated anorganic complex molecule in her computer monitor when she's supposed to look at blood?
:rolling:

I always wonder why it seems that not even Mick did know about the blood type, he sampled it.
And AO- is simply no existing bloodtype. If it's the genotype AO then it's not rare.

I loved how Mick protected Beth, the hand over her face, and how he jumped over that railing. Sadly, the railing poses a really tough continuity error, as the van couldn't possibly have shot them from that position.
NocturneInCMoll
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by NocturneInCMoll »

francis wrote:Why does Alison Lynn have the structure of a complicated anorganic complex molecule in her computer monitor when she's supposed to look at blood?
:rolling:

I always wonder why it seems that not even Mick did know about the blood type, he sampled it.
And AO- is simply no existing bloodtype. If it's the genotype AO then it's not rare.

I loved how Mick protected Beth, the hand over her face, and how he jumped over that railing. Sadly, the railing poses a really tough continuity error, as the van couldn't possibly have shot them from that position.
I'll take your word for it on the science/blood stuff, Francis, but the railing was always a major :wtf: moment for me. Completely disorienting (he looks like he was running away from the shooters :rolling: ) and illogical. I don't know what they were thinking.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Tejada's crew must have heat seeking missile bullets. ;) Yeah, a major error there.

I know next to nothing about blood or genotypes so I too will take your word, francis.

I get giddy every time Mick saves Beth, especially when he's hovering over her like that. The very next scene is one of my all time favorites. ;)
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

I always assumed the negative in the AO- blood type referred to the Rh factor? :shrug: I always thought it was really strange Mick did not know Beth's blood type. These vamps are so picky about blood type preferences... and Mick had tasted Beth's. Guess the smell thing does not reveal type?
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Vamps cannot smell blood type, no. We see that later in the scene with Simone (Mick having to taste it to know the type).

As for Mick tasting Beth's blood before - I don't know if this is another writer continuity error or we're to believe that Mick was so far gone at that point that he wouldn't have noticed what type blood she is. Maybe it's so rare he's never tasted it before and so wouldn't have known anyway. Coraline's blood, being a vampire and not human, probably would have tasted different.
susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by susieb »

GuardianAngel wrote:Vamps cannot smell blood type, no. We see that later in the scene with Simone (Mick having to taste it to know the type).

As for Mick tasting Beth's blood before - I don't know if this is another writer continuity error or we're to believe that Mick was so far gone at that point that he wouldn't have noticed what type blood she is. Maybe it's so rare he's never tasted it before and so wouldn't have known anyway. Coraline's blood, being a vampire and not human, probably would have tasted different.
Well... DUH. How could I forget Simone??? Sigh... :dunce: You're probably right about (in Fever) Mick being so far gone he didn't notice. Interesting notion about vamp blood and human blood tasting different. I had not thought about that. However, I seem to be so brainfried at the moment (how could I forget the Simone thing?!!) that I probably should not be sharing what's in my head.

Though I did check a card I carry in my wallet. My blood type is designated with a - (I'm Rh neg)
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

:hug: That's okay, susieb, I don't remember everything either. Pgal had to point out Bustos' name to me earlier. You go right ahead and share whatever you're thinking. As for blood types, I know hardly anything about it. Science was not my strong suit in school.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Mick stands over Beth she cleans the cuts on her elbow from the shooting. (Kinda looks like Beth is wearing Mick here, doesn’t it?)

Mick hears the door. It’s Josh, who came as soon as he heard what happened. He goes straight to Beth asking if she’s okay and gives her a kiss. Mick steps out of the way.

He wants to know why she didn’t call. She knew he was in a hearing and she wasn’t badly hurt so.... Mick looks like he tries to not be there. But then again, he’s not leaving.

Josh asks Mick if he’s okay. He is. Josh says that Beth should be safe now (NOW? Is he kidding. Like the tact squad would have been able to save her from the sniper. Umm, except that she probably wouldn’t have been out and a target had she not been with Mick) He brought the protection team with him. He makes introductions and then thanks Mick for looking out for Beth. Sounds like it was a close call. Yeah, it was. Real close.

Beth chimes in with ‘this close’.

Josh apologizes to Beth. Mick is not happy about any of this. (Could it just be hitting him just how dangerous it is for Josh to continue on this case?)

Beth walk away and Josh follows to comfort her in her bedroom, away from prying eyes.

Mick’s POV tells us that vampire hearing can help you. We hear Josh telling Beth that he doesn’t know what he’d do without her and that he loves her.

Beth tells him that she loves him too and Mick’s VO continues, telling us that vampire hearing can also hurt. *sniff*

Meanwhile, Tejada meets with a couple of his men. He can’t believe the DA pinched him at his daughters party.

In El Salvador the authorities would have paid for doing something like that. In blood.

Tejada tells them to bring him Lindsey.

Alive.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

You know...I could watch that whole scene with Mick, Josh and Beth with no sound and know EXACTLY what was going on, just by the expressions on Mick's face. I'm amazed AGAIN at how Alex can say more with one facial expression than with a thousand lines of dialogue. I love the way Mick's body is tucked in so close to Beth's at the beginning of the scene, and how reluctant he is to step aside when Josh gets there. I always wonder if he's thinking he can protect Beth better than a whole squadron of cops.

And...my sincere apologies, but I don't like either Josh or Beth much when they move into the bedroom. (Mick chick through and through here. :teeth: )

And I wonder...why does Tejada want Josh brought to him alive?

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I'm with you, Pgal. Mick's expressions are fantastic and I'm sure he's thinking that no protection team could have saved her as he did. If he wasn't there, she'd be dead.

My gut clenches every time those two head towards the bedroom in that scene.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

francis, you show off!! :snicker: the producers needed you when they were deciding to put on that scientist's screen.

The great leaping continuity error... that still drives me nuts. How could they have made such a major boo boo? Does anyone think that this has come from another scene or they were shooting elsewhere and had to move locations or something like that? It couldn't have been as simple as a 'let's give the fangirls some more of that sexy vampire jumping thing', could it?

Mick's proximity to Beth in this scene is heart-stopping, and then that little look of guilt he has when Josh rushes in. Priceless.

... and I love the bedroom scene if only because it tortures Mick a little. Mwah ha ha ha.....
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

PNWgal wrote:You know...I could watch that whole scene with Mick, Josh and Beth with no sound and know EXACTLY what was going on, just by the expressions on Mick's face. I'm amazed AGAIN at how Alex can say more with one facial expression than with a thousand lines of dialogue. I love the way Mick's body is tucked in so close to Beth's at the beginning of the scene, and how reluctant he is to step aside when Josh gets there. I always wonder if he's thinking he can protect Beth better than a whole squadron of cops.

And...my sincere apologies, but I don't like either Josh or Beth much when they move into the bedroom. (Mick chick through and through here. :teeth: )

And I wonder...why does Tejada want Josh brought to him alive?
Agree with both the facial expressions carrying the scene as well as the seeming awkwardness of Josh and Beth the morning after the night before.

As for why Tejada wants Josh brought to him alive, I can only guess to torture him before he kills him
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Josh leaves and Beth watches him from her window.

Mick comes up behind her, touching her shoulder and scares her.

He tries to reassure her - there’s nothing to worry about - the tact squad has her covered (and I’m sure he’s figuring on sticking around too).

Beth apologizes about the blood sample (Mick is holding his shirt with Coraline’s blood on it). He tells her it’s okay, he may still have a chance. The most important thing is that Beth’s safe. Beth turns to look back out the window and Mick looks at her.

Josh waves up at her. A moment later Beth notices a guy jogging towards Josh. The guy has a gun.

Beth screams his name, trying to warn him. When Mick hears her he takes off out of the house. Beth is right behind him.

The jogger hits Josh over the head and ties him up. A car pulls up and Josh gets dumped into the trunk. A cop running out of the house to help gets shot.

The car with Josh takes off, Mick gives chase. Beth comes flying out too, Carl yelling at her to stay in the house. Beth gets into Josh’s car to follow them.

As Beth passes Mick she slows down and yells at him to get in, barely waiting for him to latch on before she takes off again. They give chase together.

Bustos turns the the other guy and says that what he did wasn’t according to plan. He says he had no choice. Bustos hands him a phone and tells him to call Tejada.

Beth does her best to stay behind the other car as the two weave in and out of traffic but she loses them. They had gotten ahead and veered off out of sight.

Mick tells Beth to pull over. Bustos could have gone in either of 3 directions. They can’t take a guess. Beth does’nt want to but finally does when Mick explains that, if Josh has his phone they may be able to pinpoint his location.

Beth tries Josh’s phone. It rings and doesn’t go directly to voice mail so at least it’s on. Mick gets on the phone to Logan, giving him Josh’s number and telling him to triangulate the location. Image

Meanwhile, in the trunk, Josh’s phone rings and he jostles, knocking it from his pocket. The bald guy up front thinks he hears something but the phone stops ringing.

Beth calls again. This time the guys up front hear the ringing. Josh manages to answer the call and Beth tells him they’re on their way while he yells ‘no’ at the phone.

Logan is able to trace the phone and tells them it’s in Griffith Park, by the observatory. Mick and Beth are back on the road, taking the same turnoff the thugs did. Beth tells Mick to call Carl and tell him where they’re going.

The car with Josh rolls to a stop and readies their gun, but they spot a Park Trooper and sit still, waiting to see what he does.

Meanwhile, Mick is giving Beth pointers on what to do when they spot the car. And then she is to get down and stay down. She agrees.

The Trooper leaves and the thugs get out and approach the trunk. Mick and Beth coming barrelling in behind them. Baldie shoots at their car, Beth stops and ducks. Bustos runs back into the car.

Mick is out, jumping over the rear of the car, takes a shots and beats up the thug, throwing him into the passenger side of the car. He then leaps over and smashes his hand through the window, hitting Bustos. Mick pulls him out and throws him into some trees.

Beth gets out and the two meet at the trunk. Mick opens the trunk and they find Josh at last. Beth pulls the tape off his mouth. Beth tells him it’s okay and he’s all right (I think trying to soothe them both).

But Baldie isn’t finished. He gets a gun from the glove compartment and fires through the back seat into the trunk. He fires, hitting Josh numerous times. Beth stunned, cries out.

It’s not okay. And he’s not all right.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I never noticed this before, but in that next to the last screen cap, after Josh is shot, look who Beth is holding onto.......
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!

Return to “Episode Discussion”