Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 11: Love Lasts Forever

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 11: Love Lasts Forever

Post by allegrita »

Yes, Luxe, you're right. Beth's right hand is quite bloody as she holds Josh's head while Mick works on his leg...but when she's standing with her hands clasped while the paramedics are trying to revive Josh, the blood is mysteriously gone. It doesn't really hit you when the episode is running, but in screencaps it's quite evident.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

watching it on the ep. was where I first noticed the lack of blood on her hands. I felt a little cross, because everything had been so tense and realistic, seeing her lovely clean hands really took me out of the moment.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I have to say, screencapping this scene was difficult. I listened to the score as I worked and couldn't stop crying. Trying to zoom in on all the emotions was, well, emotional. LOL I'm glad it worked for you as well.

Luxe de Luxe wrote:watching it on the ep. was where I first noticed the lack of blood on her hands. I felt a little cross, because everything had been so tense and realistic, seeing her lovely clean hands really took me out of the moment.
That bothered me as well, Luxe. Especially because we see Mick so covered. Makes me wonder if it was suppose to be some kind of metaphor - Mick, the monster, with blood on his hands and Beth, untainted, atop the pedestal Mick put her on.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

GuardianAngel wrote:I have to say, screencapping this scene was difficult. I listened to the score as I worked and couldn't stop crying. Trying to zoom in on all the emotions was, well, emotional. LOL I'm glad it worked for you as well.

Luxe de Luxe wrote:watching it on the ep. was where I first noticed the lack of blood on her hands. I felt a little cross, because everything had been so tense and realistic, seeing her lovely clean hands really took me out of the moment.
That bothered me as well, Luxe. Especially because we see Mick so covered. Makes me wonder if it was suppose to be some kind of metaphor - Mick, the monster, with blood on his hands and Beth, untainted, atop the pedestal Mick put her on.
Yes, I wondered whether there was some metaphoric value to it as well... but I thought if that was the case, she should have had blood on her hands. She was the one who urged him to stay on the case.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

And anyway, she did have blood on her hands at one point in that scene. And then, suddenly, she didn't. :slaphead:
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

GuardianAngel wrote:Mick stands over Beth she cleans the cuts on her elbow from the shooting. (Kinda looks like Beth is wearing Mick here, doesn’t it?)

Mick hears the door. It’s Josh, who came as soon as he heard what happened. He goes straight to Beth asking if she’s okay and gives her a kiss. Mick steps out of the way.

He wants to know why she didn’t call. She knew he was in a hearing and she wasn’t badly hurt so.... Mick looks like he tries to not be there. But then again, he’s not leaving.

Sorry I'm abit late joining in here. But the top picture reminds me of "the affair you're having when you're not having an affair". Mick and Beth are the only 2 people in the apartment and they are standing there touching each other as if they were squashed into an overpacked elevator! Neither was objecting to the close body contact either. Its as if they were both acknowledging to one another how they feel but couldn't do anything about it. Such a sad sitation.

And then Josh enters and Mick has to suddenly move away. I think they both look abit guilty there.

One thing that always annoys me here is that Beth never acknowledged or thanked Mick for his protection. They both know he can protect her alot more than any police squad. If it wasn't for Mick and his supersonic hearing - she would be dead now. (And that slow motion scene of him throwing Beth to the ground is in my top 5 favourite ML scenes :biggrin: ) But she never said - I'd feel safer if you stayed etc etc.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Mick standing so close to Beth, practically on top of her, always shocks me. It's not like Mick. But that was a very close call; he nearly lost Beth there. Also, his feeling s are much closer to the surface now.

As for thanking him, I choose to believe she would have done that on the way home, in the car. I don't want to think she's that rude.

Mick's going to stick around, even with the protection team in place and Beth knows it. I think it's like an unspoken agreement between them - Hey, Josh thinks the tact squad is better but WE know.....
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Mick’s at the police station with Carl where they have Bustos in custody. Carl is just coming into the observation room saying the Bustos won’t crack. The other guy is in intensive care and Tejada’s probably long gone.

Mick asks Carl if he can have a go and when Carl starts to argue, Mick promises not to do anything to mess up the case. Just 5 minutes. Carl finally agrees and starts to go in with him but Mick says alone. Again, Carl agrees. You KNOW Carl wants this guy and Tejada.

The cops think it’s going to be a waste of time but watch Mick go in. Mick settles himself on the desk, facing Bustos, telling him that he’s going to ask him a question and Bustos probably should answer it. Bustos isn’t feeling cooperative.

Mick (looking like he’s getting ready to do some yoga), closes his eyes, calm and vamps out for Bustos’s viewing pleasure (and ours).

Bustos freaks out. It startles the cops too and they jump. The thug starts screaming to get him away.

The blond cop moves to go in but Carl stops him. Bustos is flapping around in terror. And Mick looks like he’s enjoying it.

Mick wants to know where he can find Tejada. Bustos doesn’t (or can’t) answer, trying to get away from El Diablo. Mick leans in closer and asks again for the last time. Bustos tells him Tejada is at the Hollenback Bar near Chatworth.

Mick looks back at the two-way glass (looking human) and gives a nod. He’s go the info. When he rejoins the cops he tells Carl that Tejada is at the Campos Bar in Boyle Heights. And their off.

Mick’s VO tells us that he hates lying to Carl like that but Tejada had escaped justic for long enough and Mick had a score to settle. Tejada had made this personal.

Mick’s outside the Hollenback Bar and his VO tells us that, when it comes to revenge and vampires, blood is vengeance.

He walks in and gives the place a scan.

Mick walks up to the bar and asks where Tejada is. The guy plays dumb. Mick leans in like he can’t hear him, grabs his head and slams it onto the counter.

He then turns around and gives the place a show. He vamps out. Some guy shoots him a bit and Mick sends him flying.

Just as Mick was expecting, the bartender pulls out a shotgun. He shoots, Mick leaps out of the way and someone else takes the shot. Mick, being a wise-ass and enjoying it, quips that the bartender missed him and then Mick takes care of him.

Mick’s VO tells us that he sees them staring at him like he’s inhuman. Those looks used to bother him. Not now. He grabs one of the guys and backs him up to wall (gate) and asks where Tejada is. He’s in the office. The guy gives a nod of his head to show where.

Mick kicks down the door and saunters in, arms up, looking like an avenging angel.

Tejada holds up a couple guns and tells Mick it’s a big mistake to come to his place and spill blood.

Mick does the yoga move again, calmly puting the vamp on. And then all hell breaks loose. Tejada knows he’s made a mistake.

Mick kicks the desk, sending it crashing against Tejada, pinning him to the wall. Mick then leaps on the desk, looking down at his prey.

Mick leans down and sniffs Tejada before going in for the kill.

There’s pain.

Vengeance. And blood.
Last edited by GuardianAngel on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

(Sorry, that's all I got at the moment...)
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I always wondered if they weren't taping what Bustos said in the interrogation room. It was totally against any procedure to let someone go in alone, of course, but they so wanted Bustos to crack. If they taped it, the lie won't last long. But Mick once again got away. If you susspend disbelief with Mick vamping out, you might as well suspend disbelief here.

Mick was so enjoying being a vampire, here, being able to do things that humans just couldn't do. He's almost cocky, knowing he can get away with it because witnesses will tell the police nothing, or mumble something about the devil or a demon. The police will think that the crack has gone bad.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I've always wondered what Josef's thoughts were regarding Mick's little 'show'. I know his feelings about 'kill them all' but this wasn't exactly discreet and we know how paranoid Josef is about guarding the secret.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I'm right with Alle...Mick's transformation from man to vampire... :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

An fellow fanfic writer used to tell me Mick doesn't hate what he is. Mick hates enjoying what he is. And man, is Mick enjoying what he is when he's with Bustos. :teeth: And how much did I love it when he saunters into Tejada's office, arms outstretched? Pure vampire, 100% predator. My kinda Mick. :happysigh:

The predator comes out full force when he's got Tejada pinned. Ever watch a cat toy with a mouse or a mole? That's the kind of sense I got here.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

PNWgal wrote:I'm right with Alle...Mick's transformation from man to vampire... :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

An fellow fanfic writer used to tell me Mick doesn't hate what he is. Mick hates enjoying what he is. And man, is Mick enjoying what he is when he's with Bustos. :teeth: And how much did I love it when he saunters into Tejada's office, arms outstretched? Pure vampire, 100% predator. My kinda Mick. :happysigh:

The predator comes out full force when he's got Tejada pinned. Ever watch a cat toy with a mouse or a mole? That's the kind of sense I got here.
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Tho I recall when the ep first aired, there were many fans who were made uncomfortable by this Mick.
He wasn't being cuddly anymore... :mdrama:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

But it does give us a sense of what he might be talking about when he talks to Beth later. About regretting what he's done and making up for it.

Up to now, we haven't seen that much of what Mick might regret. Partying in the red room? Almost killing Lee Jay who deserved it? That's it.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

wpgrace wrote:
PNWgal wrote:I'm right with Alle...Mick's transformation from man to vampire... :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Tho I recall when the ep first aired, there were many fans who were made uncomfortable by this Mick.
He wasn't being cuddly anymore... :mdrama:
Agree 100%, Grace. Here's where we see him as vampire, dealing his own brand of justice, and peeps weren't quite comfortable with that. I wish we'd gotten to see more of this Mick.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram

Return to “Episode Discussion”