Moonlight on the CW, Ep 7: The Ringer

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Moonlight on the CW, Ep 7: The Ringer

Post by allegrita »

I follow the school of thought that says Coraline invented Morgan and spent some time perfecting the part. She was a good photographer, after all. It would be hard for someone without those skills to just step into someone's life and not have her lack of skills noticed.

This is getting a bit off topic and I don't want to go completely away from the subject of The Ringer, but I agree completely that the amount of the cure that Coraline showed Mick in TMC doesn't seem nearly enough to sustain the Duvalls through a possible new Terror. But Lance did say to Coraline that he didn't want her to waste any more because they hadn't been able to duplicate it (it depended on some extinct plant). So he'd view her little get-Mick-back project as a profligate waste of a precious resource. It shows me how desperately she loved Mick, that she would risk the wrath of her brother and their sire. And to me, this is evidence that the Mick/Coraline relationship didn't rattle only Mick. It knocked Coraline for a loop as well. She did dangerous and (to a vampire's mind, anyway) stupid things because of her love for Mick. That passion burned her up, too. (Literally!) :gasp:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

There are so many things that were said in Moonlight that we assume are true that, when it comes down to it, may be true and may not.

We can explore the myraid of possibilities (and some have been).

Coraline is, indeed, a wonderful actress. Personally, I think she took her time and found a photographer who resembled her. She somehow facilitated additional changes that made Morgan look even more like the vampire and family and friends had seen the new look, facilitated the demise if the real Morgan and just stepped into her life.

That way, Beth's checking on Morgan Vincent would reveal the 'daughter of Bob, sister of Jennifer' details.

When I first saw The Ringer, it wasn't my favorite episode but my appreciation for it increased greatly after I had seen it a few times on DVD. There is just so much wonderful backstory here and so much detail to work with. Marvelous@

I so agree about that final scene when Beth is trying to reconnect with Morgan and the photographer will have none of it. There is no warmth, no emotion. Nothing.

Rather chilling, actually.

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

ITA about that look Morgan gives Beth at the end - THAT was the moment (first time round) that I finally realised Morgan was definitely Coraline. Because it was so filled with venom - chilling indeed.

And Grace agrees with me. I know this because she and I got to watch this episode (our favourite episode) together. In Las Vegas.

I can die happy.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

EEEEEEEE! How wonderful that must have been. :hearts: :hearts:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:ITA about that look Morgan gives Beth at the end - THAT was the moment (first time round) that I finally realised Morgan was definitely Coraline. Because it was so filled with venom - chilling indeed.

And Grace agrees with me. I know this because she and I got to watch this episode (our favourite episode) together. In Las Vegas.

I can die happy.

Red

I want you to die happy, darlin', but not for another 60-70 years... I have more ML opinionated-sh!t to bore you with eventually... :biggrin:
allegrita wrote:EEEEEEE! How wonderful that must have been.
It was!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:
But you've met her too... how could it be other than wonderful?? And was it not just KARMA that The Ringer was the ep that was airing this week?
I think Josef made those particular arrangements... :giggle:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:hyper2: What fun! And how perfect! I'm so glad you two were able to experience your favorite episode together. :hearts: And in Sin City, no less. :devil:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Wow! Red and Grace in Vegas together!! Sounds like y'all had a great time. And yes, grace, Josef probably did have something to say about it. :giggle:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

If Josef was involved, then there are probably surveillance tapes... :whistle:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Now there's a thought :giggle: If not video, maybe a couple of images??
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!

Return to “Episode Discussion”