New Moonlight Episode Discussions starting tonight (June 3)!

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

New Moonlight Episode Discussions starting tonight (June 3)!

Post by allegrita »

Remember the thrill of discovering Moonlight? The anticipation you felt when you saw those intriguing "Interview with the Vampire" promos? Remember falling in love with the noir, the friendships, the romance, and the mystery that was Moonlight? When you couldn't wait for next Friday night, because you just HAD to find out what was going to happen?? :hearts:

Let's recapture a little of that wonderful feeling, and talk about our little show! :blahblah:

In honor of Moonlight's return to broadcast TV (at least in the US) on The CW, we'll be starting new episode discussion threads each Thursday morning, ready for that night's episode.

Since our own Guardian Angel has already created wonderful episode discussion threads containing screencaps for episodes 1-10, we won't try to duplicate her graphic brilliance here. We'll post an episode synopsis, and a link to her episode discussion thread, for each week's discussion. When we get to Episode 11, Guardian Angel will resume her wonderful pictorial threads.

We hope you'll join us every week! Even if you can't watch The CW, watch that week's episode on DVD, iTunes, Unbox, or however else you've got it saved. ('Cause we know you've got 'em.) :laugh:

Moonlight links you may find interesting:

Moonlight page on The CW
Moonlight page on IMDB
Moonlight page on Wikipedia

The Rules (you'll notice, most of 'em are about being nice!)

Why are there rules? Well, there were a couple of unfortunate incidents in the past where a few people put on their shipper hats and started yelling at each other. This isn't going to happen again... thus the rules below.

1) Be polite. Be respectful. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and nobody has the "right" opinion. If a posting makes you mad, alarm bells should go off in your head. Don't fire off a hasty reply, because it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll say something inflammatory. If you say something mean, your post will be edited.

2) Please try to keep the discussion on the subject of the current week's episode. It's tempting to want to pull in stuff from another episode, but that tends to drag the discussion waaaay off topic. Obviously, this isn't a hard and fast rule, but the mods may gently steer the conversation back to the subject of the episode under discussion. If that happens, please don't get mad. If you think the side discussion needs to continue, we'll be thrilled to create a thread for you. Just ask.

3) If you're a shipper, please be open-minded, because chances are, someone's going to express an opinion that pushes your buttons.

4) Remember... it's a show, people. A wonderful, inspiring, beautiful show that we all adore. But nonetheless, it's a show, about fictional people who don't give a hoot what we think of them. Don't get mad at a human for expressing an opinion about a fictional character. It's not worth anybody's tears, 'K?
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: New Moonlight Episode Discussions starting tonight (June 3)!

Post by redwinter101 »

I'm so excited about this. We were lucky enough to get a re-airing here in the UK a few months ago - but it will be great to watch it again with all of you. And yes I am prepared to stay up to a ridiculous hour to join in. :roll:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:bump:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Yay!

Been watching the marathon on SyFy and I think it has been going on for ten hours now.

Just a TV show?

Well, yes. I know that. I don't tend to get life changing philosphies and forms of entertainment confused. But it is such a wonderful, charming, multilayered show that I am still captured by its magic.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

jen wrote:Yay!

Been watching the marathon on SyFy and I think it has been going on for ten hours now.

Just a TV show?

Well, yes. I know that. I don't tend to get life changing philosphies and forms of entertainment confused. But it is such a wonderful, charming, multilayered show that I am still captured by its magic.
actually, we're 11.5 hours in - Josh just got shot in LLF......

Not just a TV show....an incredible love story that lasts forever.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I just got home. How WONDERFUL to turn on TV and see ML. I came in at as they were trying to restart Josh's heart. Mick looking up with tears in his eyes. Awwwwww. :hearts:

Return to “Episode Discussion”