Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 9: Fleur de Lis

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: Fleur de Lis (Episode Nine)

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

GuardianAngel wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Mick stares at her and looks absolutely edible. I've always thought this shot should grace a romantic novel cover.
Mmmm yes, it seem so from the file name in your PB, sweetie. :whistle:

Red
:gasp: I forgot about that. Shhhh! That will be between us, Red. :blushing:

WARNING: If you go to copy and save this picture of Mick looking at Morgan, the file name is explicit.
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Oh my god... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: I love you GA
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I couldn't agree more, GA... :hearts: :laugh:

And I agree that Morgan was brought into sudden realization of her own mortality whilst under the effects of the cure. She'd been acting up till then, but I think she was really freaked out there...similar to how Mick felt later on (about which I'll say more in another episode discussion!).

And, of course, Morgan/Coraline is soon going to get an even bigger reminder of her own mortality. Which is NOT jumping ahead, because we already saw it! :whistle:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

First of all, regarding pic titles... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: As if your perfect captions weren't enough, GA... now we notice, thanks to Red, your perfect titles... :smooch:

And I think Cora's little wig-out moment was only partly due to being almost-killed, which we know she HAD been before.

This time Mick SAVED her instead of doing the almost-killing. I think she's partly startled by the invigorating effects of the danger, but she's made way-emotional by his saving her and going to such... er... lengths... to do it. He did "out" himself with that jump... which means he probably knew he was saving Coraline, not Morgan. She could not have been sure he'd do it for the real her, til he'd done it...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hmmm... excellent point, grace!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:He did "out" himself with that jump... which means he probably knew he was saving Coraline, not Morgan. She could not have been sure he'd do it for the real her, til he'd done it...
Oh, Grace.

Lilly is the Smiley Bitch.
I'm the Answer Bitch.
I think we're going to have to start calling you the Insight Bitch. I swear I've watched these episodes as many times as you but you always find a way of shedding a little more light on things.

:smooch:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

wpgrace wrote:First of all, regarding pic titles... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: As if your perfect captions weren't enough, GA... now we notice, thanks to Red, your perfect titles... :smooch:

And I think Cora's little wig-out moment was only partly due to being almost-killed, which we know she HAD been before.

This time Mick SAVED her instead of doing the almost-killing. I think she's partly startled by the invigorating effects of the danger, but she's made way-emotional by his saving her and going to such... er... lengths... to do it. He did "out" himself with that jump... which means he probably knew he was saving Coraline, not Morgan. She could not have been sure he'd do it for the real her, til he'd done it...
*loves Grace*
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:He did "out" himself with that jump... which means he probably knew he was saving Coraline, not Morgan. She could not have been sure he'd do it for the real her, til he'd done it...
Oh, Grace.

Lilly is the Smiley Bitch.
I'm the Answer Bitch.
I think we're going to have to start calling you the Insight Bitch. I swear I've watched these episodes as many times as you but you always find a way of shedding a little more light on things.

:smooch:

Red

Well, Insight Bitch is a lot better than what my teenage kids likely call me behind my back... tho the second word is likely the same... :roll:
And clearly I have spent waaayyyy too much time thinking about this stuff... :whistle:

But I sense both a bit of awkwardness and eagerness from Cora in this scene. Whatever her master-plan was in coming back human (and yeah yeah, she's back for Mick... but exactly what did she wanna do to him at first??), the reality now is that she is about to get a chance to reclaim Mick. And that's gotta be scary and exciting and nerve-wracking and a total high, all of that combined. It's been 20 some-odd years after all; that's a long time to wait for a plan to come together. And she hasn't aged... damn her! And then she gets almost-killed... again.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I agree with the thoughts on Coraline's emotions. But I'm not sure if I believe that Mick believes Morgan is Coraline at this point. I think saving her was reflex - without any other thought than he had to get her out of the way. I think he would have done it even if Morgan weren't Coraline. Because he liked her and he's a protector by nature.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

M&M have gone back to Mick's to get themselves cleaned up. Mick is walking along and looks down the hallway - Morgan's clothes are strewn on the floor in the doorway of the bathroom. He sees it and heads down that way.

He hovers at the door, watching before stepping through.

He stands outside the glass shower, watching her, taking her in.

Finally, she turns, "Do you want something, Mick?"

He opens the door, his eyes aflame and pulls her to him (okay, wait a sec. I always need a moment here.)

And the two go at it.

Mick spies the tatoo and whispers "Coraline".

They look at each other. A rediscovery.

She wants to know how many clues she had to give him. He wants to know how she did it.

She thought it would get his attentions. He seems to like the human girls.

The vamp is getting excited now - for a whole different reason. There's a way back. This means there's a cure.

There's a knock on the door. Mick briefly turns his head.

But he resumes his questioning. Their hands grasping at each other.

More banging at the door which gets Mick's attention. He pulls away reluctantly.

Coraline watches him walk away.

Mick gets down the stairs (there he goes getting flustered again) and opens the door to an irate Beth.

She hands him the file of photos saying that she has the proof. Morgaline has been lying to them. Morgan IS Coraline. Mick replies that he knows she is (AND *dance* he's all wet and glisteny).

Gasp! You know?! Mick looks up, behind Beth.

A wet, scantily clad Coraline is waking down the stairs and says 'hi' to Beth.

Mick knows he's in trouble. Beth spits at him "how could you?" He tries to placate her telling her it's not what she thinks.

She snickers, drops her bag and turns towards Coraline who is all but gloating as she poses on the stairs. Beth saunters over looking very innocent.

She whips out the chair spindle and plants it in Coralines chest.

A horrified Mick rushes in and spins Beth off Coraline. He eases Coraline up, holding her. Beth looks on contempt.

Mick looks back at her asking what has she done. He turns back to Coraline telling her not to move. Out loud he says they have to get her to a hospital.

Beth reminds him that stakes don't kill vampires, they just paralyze them. Mick points out that she is NOT a vampire. She's human.

And she has a cure.

He lifts her into his arms. Beth looks on with a "uh oh, what the f*** did I do?" look.

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I've said pretty much all I have to say about the staking earlier on in the thread, but I just had to add, "It's not what you think."

Oh Mick, honey, you SO needed to do better than that.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

This might have been said before but I thought the writers did a good job of giving Beth the motivation to stake Coraline. She just came from the party house and was reliving her kidnapping. Her mind must have been reeling and her anger bubbling up! I don't think Beth could have reacted any differently. I was a little PO'd at how mean Mick was to her, but it nicely ended the episode with a relationship cliff hanger.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

First of all - "glisteny"??? :rolling:

Ok - serious now.

I wonder if Beth would still have shoved that stake into Morgan/Coraline if she would have realized Coraline WAS human at that point - I'd like to think she would have. Although, she had to have been shocked at Mick's reaction to what she did (shoving her aside to get to Coraline).

Up until Morgan showed up, she hasn't really had to share Mick - and all she knows about Coraline is what she's been told, mostly by Josef, and what she's remembered. To be pushed aside by someone that, in essence, stalked her for 20+ years to get to his ex, it had to have been a blow to her ego.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I have to disagree with you, Pgal. Yeah, Beth's got a definite dark streak. But cold-blooded murder? With a stake?! It doesn't make sense. For one thing, it's hard to ram a pointy stick through somebody's breastbone, especially with 4 layers of shirt fabric in the way. For another, it's really iffy, getting it just right--don't forget, Beth missed her mark.

Why use a stake if you're not going after a vamp? If Beth wanted to murder Morgan/Coraline and she KNEW she was human, she'd have shot her.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Yeah, well, first of all, I totally approve of "glisteny." GA rocks to have coined it... cause he is MOST definitely "glisteny." :snicker: :melts:

And also yeah... it's not what she thinks... :roll: :rolling: :rolling: You'd think in 85 years, he'd've come up with a better line.

But I think there was plenty of shock to go around in this scene. Cora hadta be shocked that Beth would DO that... Mick too. And Beth had to be shocked that Mick would push her outta the way to help Cora... Mick too. Beth hadta be shocked to learn that Morgan was Cora and that the vamp was now human... Mick too.

Mick was sorta just an appendage, a glisteny, lying appendage, in the drama between the girls here. LOVED the drama between the girls and the flustered Mick in the Middle. :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh grace! :coffee: Now you've gone and made me have to mod myself with all your talk of glisteny, lying appendages! :happysigh: :melts: :hearts:

(Stop it, Allegrita!) :bash: :whoops: :snicker:

Return to “Episode Discussion”