Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 9: Fleur de Lis

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Fleur de Lis (Episode Nine)

Post by allegrita »

My question is, did the script say that, or did Alex flub the line, but it worked so well they left it in? :laugh:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Doesn't one of our members collect original scripts from the show?
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wpgrace wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote: What are your thoughts on Josef's knowledge of Coraline? Do you think there IS a reason other than wrong place, wrong time as to Beth being chosen? And if so, does Josef know what it is? And is he hiding it from Beth? Or from Mick?
SUCH good questions!

Josef made a point of telling Mick... in The Ringer... that he knew Cora for a hundred years longer than Mick did... so he knows Coraline well, and clearly knows alot more than he's telling Beth... I gotta imagine that at the point where we meet Mick and Josef tho, that Josef has shared pretty much what he knows about Cora with Mick himself. They have clearly had talks about her before. And Josef clearly thinks that Mick is well-rid of Coraline.

However, and this is cheating cause it's in future eps, but I think Josef knows a lot about Coraline's FAMILY that he hasn't shared with Mick... such as the existence of Lance.

And I agree with Alle... the writers were clearly at one point headed in the direction that Cora and Beth share a blood type. But that doesn't mean that JOSEF knows that. He hasn't tasted Beth and they made clear that vamps could NOT tell blood type just from being around a person... they actually (a la Simone) had to taste the blood. So he may truly believe that Beth's abduction was purely luck of the draw...
wow.... such an interesting discussion, I know we've moved on to another section but I just had to comment....
I think Beth was definitely chosen for a reason, I think it definitely does have something to do with Beth and Coraline sharing the same blood type... and hmm... their blood type is pretty rare... blood types tend to run in families though .... I suspect that Beth, Coraline and Lance are all part of the same bloodline.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
news
Fledgling

Post by news »

lafluffy wrote:Just happened to see this thread.

What I loved about this ep was Beth's primal rage throughout. She's psychically reliving the trauma of confinement and encounter with Coraline and the events surrounding that. In reliving it there are parts of her that are acting as if she were still that child, a huge motivating factor. Her powerful grown self breaks the spindle of the chair inside the actual prison. And then as that raging child...
:notworthy: ;)
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

M&M head to Haggans' office to warn him. They are met by his assistant who says he's not there and isn't at liberty to say where he is.

Mick has no patience and lifts the guy in in the air by his collar.

Morgan looks a little nervous. (huh) Haggans left two minutes ago. With his son. Uh oh.

They've got to catch up. Mick tells Morgan to take the elevator - he goes for the stairs and flies down the center to the bottom (cool!)

Outside father and son are walking out. The son says the wife is waiting in the car for them. They have a surprise.

Mick is their surprise! He comes walking out of the steam (and doesn't he look awesome!).

He walks up and slugs Jr.

Dad grabs Mick. WTF? Mick explains that wife and son have been cheating behind his back and planned to murder him.

He's disbelieving. But wife revs up the car and means to plow him down. But she's off track and almost hits a stunned Morgan.

Who is saved in just the nick of time by Mick who swoops her up and out of the way. Mrs. Haggans hits water barrels.

M&M are on the ground, she lying on top of him. She acts surprised and Mick delivers a truly painful line.

Then the cops are there. The bad boy and girl are in separate cop cars. Mick explains to the detective what happened.

Mick tells him about the assistant who was also in on it. The cop wants to know if there is evidence. Yup. Audio and visual. They are going to need the photographs. They turn to Morgan but she's not paying attention, lost in thought. Mick has to call her name, get her attention.

She apologizes - says she's never been almost killed. (another zinger).

Mick stares at her and looks absolutely edible. I've always thought this shot should grace a romantic novel cover.

Mick asks if the cop has everything he needs and is told 'yes' and to go home and get cleaned up. He leads a still dazed Morgan away.

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

That scene with Morgan being almost killed made no sense to me, but was visually stunning. If the wife wanted to kill the husband, did she plan to drive him over with the car? And did she decide to take a sverve now at Mick, Owen and her husband and get rid of them all? How did they plan on getting away with that?
Or maybe she tried to rescue Owen by giving him an escape with the car, and is a really bad driver. No, that makes no sense either.
But Mick and Morgan looked both absolutely edible, and Morgan was so shaken up and Mick was so in his Knight in shining armor routine. Delicious.

And can someone tell me what the term "Jordan had air" means? I have no idea.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

It's a reference to basketball player Michael Jordan's vertical leap...or "air" between him and the floor.

Lucky
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, Lucky. :hearts:
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

francis wrote: And can someone tell me what the term "Jordan had air" means? I have no idea.
It's a reference to the great NBA basketball player Michael Jordan and his ability to jump so high when making a shot. Nike developed a line of sneakers called "Air Jordan" inspired by him.

ETA: Oops, Lucky beat me to it. ;)

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

GuardianAngel wrote:Mick stares at her and looks absolutely edible. I've always thought this shot should grace a romantic novel cover.
Mmmm yes, it seem so from the file name in your PB, sweetie. :whistle:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

redwinter101 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:Mick stares at her and looks absolutely edible. I've always thought this shot should grace a romantic novel cover.

Red
:gasp: I forgot about that. Shhhh! That will be between us, Red. :blushing:

WARNING: If you go to copy and save this picture of Mick looking at Morgan, the file name is explicit.

Morgan's shock and surprise confused me though. I guess she was just keeping in character because none of this should have surprised her. But they both did look really good in this scene.
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

If she was going to keep the Morgan charade going she'd have to show surprise at his mad vertical leap skills. :snicker: Or maybe her surprised look was because he'd just 'outed' himself.

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

mwj01 wrote:If she was going to keep the Morgan charade going she'd have to show surprise at his mad vertical leap skills. :snicker: Or maybe her surprised look was because he'd just 'outed' himself.
True. But not only that scene. It was also her acting all horrified at almost being killed. The near miss. But then again, she hadn't had that happen while being human so maybe it made an impression.
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Yeah, I think it was the realization that had he not saved her, she would been a goner. She hadn't been that fragile in a looong time.

nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

GuardianAngel wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:

Red
:gasp: I forgot about that. Shhhh! That will be between us, Red. :blushing:

WARNING: If you go to copy and save this picture of Mick looking at Morgan, the file name is explicit.

Morgan's shock and surprise confused me though. I guess she was just keeping in character because none of this should have surprised her. But they both did look really good in this scene.
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

You know I just had to look. :biggrin:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo

Return to “Episode Discussion”