Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 9: Fleur de Lis

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Re: Fleur de Lis (Episode Nine)

Post by GuardianAngel »

I thought Beth's jealousy was amusing too. No, he really has no right to be jealous. She has Josh and Mick has told her there's no hope for anything between him and her. But the feelings are there nevertheless. And I can't say that I blame her. It was adorable that Mick was torn but he wasn't going to let Beth's jealousy rain on his parade.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I loved this particular sequence for various reasons that you've already brought up. But the key one is how Morgan and Mick seemed so at ease being so close to each other as they watched their targets. Then, how they just as easily slid into that kiss....

Did Mick know it was Cora? I think a part of him did, even though he never knew her as a human. The desire, the kiss was his body's way of telling him what his brain couldn't / wouldn't accept.

While this was not originally one of my favorite eps, having Beth do the voice over was brilliant. The play on words in this particular sequence was equally brilliant. Here, we see Beth's sparkling blue eyes into emerald green ones of jealousy, Mick squirm like a teenager caught in the backseat of a car with the neighbor's daughter, and Coraline loving every minute of it.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Beth is back at her office scanning in the 1952 photo of Mick when she sees him and Morgan coming in.

She quickly puts it away and asks how the case is doing when they reach her desk.

Morgan gushes - there's nothing like spending the afternoon cuddled up in a hotel watching family members have sex. Mick looks a little horrified that she blurted that out.

Bth looks to Mick for clarification. Could she have heard that right?

Mick (poor baby) stumbles over his words explaining that they were not even related. Beth is beginning to look suspicous.

Morgan continues, saying it was like pay per view but with more hair. She offers to let Beth see the pictures 'cause they're so hot. Mick looks like he's inwardly wincing and then puts his hand on the camera, stopping her from showing Beth.

He says the pictures are confidential.

She comments that he's not blushing but she thinks he's embarrassed. How cute. Beth doesn't look amused.

Morgan says it's so old-fashioned. Mick says he's not. And she points out that he wasn't so shy when it was happening. (The girl has a point - he certainly wasn't)

Beth gets sarcastic, saying it looks like they work well together, that they make quite the team.

Morgan says she was thinking that maybe they could make this a permanent arrangement. Mick answers that he tends to work alone.

She continues with her thought. There must be something for Beth to do, to make it a threesome. Mick looks down to Beth to see her reaction. He's looking a little worried.

Beth stands up and rejects the invitation saying she's got more than enough to do with Maureen being so relentless. She throws Mick a 'look' (Oh man is he in trouble - but really, it was Beth that told him to keep Morgan busy. TeeHee).

She walks away but Mick stops her to tell her that he and Morgan will be at Buzzwire for a little while. Maybe he'll see her when he gets back. He's really trying here.

She's says maybe. She'll call him when she's wrapping up. With a thoughtful expression Mick turns and goes to find Morgan. Looks like he's thought things over a little. He starts by saying "About what happened at the hotel...."

She asks which part. He says "the kiss".

She says it was nice.

He agrees with a 'but' at the end. She asks him not to be all weird about it.

It didn't really mean anything. Unless he wants it to. He says no, of course not.

She thinks she's caught on. He doesn't want her to tell Beth and comments that he's got it bad for her. Which makes Mick give a short laugh.

Morgan then says that she doesn't think Beth is his type. He wants to know what she thinks his type is.

She says that would be her - looking like his ex and all.

They stare at each other for a moment, until Mick's phone rings. He walks away and answers it. It's Haggans' assistant.

He tells Mick that Haggans wants to know if Mick is ready to hand over the information. Mick wants to know if he is ready to meet him. He is if Mick has the surveillance. They make a date - 1 hr at the restaurant where Mick met Morgan. They'll discuss Mick's terms.

Morgan wants to know if Mick is going to meet with Haggans. Mick says maybe he can find out if he knows it's his son his wife is having the affair with.

She wants to know about the surveillance files. He says he'll take them to his office on the way to the restuarant. He's not giving Haggans anything until he knows what he's up to.

He asks for her memory card and she hands it over and he's off.

wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

[Shallow Alert]SHEESH, he looks hot in that scene!! I love his hair there.[/Shallow Alert]

I love that cap of the three of them...Beth walking away, Mick looking at her and Morgaline looking at Mick. Heh.
*Christy*

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I'm right in the shallow end of the pool with you, WonderChristy... :happysigh:

I LOVE the scene... I love the whole deliciousness of their ultra-odd "threesome" and how Mick feels the oddness of it most of all... :giggle:

And this complicated scene (which GA rocked as usual :smooch: ) and this torn and complicated and flustered Mick makes me ponder... :sigh: ... I hope Andy Yablonski is HALF as fascinating as our beloved, passionate, gentlemanly, angsty, fiesty, deadly, and dashing vampire...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

I always thought that Coraline's "we could make it a threesome" had a double meaning, professional and sexual, further unnerving Mick.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Thanks, grace. Mick WAS complicated and multi-layered. This scene proves it. Just a short while ago he was pushing Beth off the phone so he and Morgan could go enjoy watching a couple have sex and get all hot and bothered while doing it. Now, in front of Beth he's embarrassed. Charmingly so. He's ultra conscious of the team/threesome thing. I think if he could have muzzled Morgan he would have. Totally different Mick from the one he was a half hour before that.

So, was Morgan's enthusiasm feigned? Was she being an instigator? Or do you think she was just having that much fun (not that I could blame her)?

helloeeze, I thought that had a double meaning too. She knew how flustered Mick was, I thought she wanted to see him squirm a little more.

*edited to answer helloeeze
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh totally agree with you girls... she totally meant that double entendre... and she's making him uncomfortable and having a ball... but I think she's having a ball just BEING with him again too. I mean, who would not? And she must have missed him. He tried to kill her and she's not seeking revenge. She's seeking to be WITH him.

And I'm guessing that Morgan/Cora knew Mick wouldn't agree to a sexual 3 -some involving Beth... but what are the odds they'd experienced one together before? Thus the double entendre being QUITE clear to Mick... and increasing his sense of unease...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Yup, 'cause we know he's done a lot of 'bad' things. He's said so. LOL

So, grace - do you think Cora never wanted revenge? That she came back only to BE with Mick again? I know there are lot of different opinions about this.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:Yup, 'cause we know he's done a lot of 'bad' things. He's said so. LOL

So, grace - do you think Cora never wanted revenge? That she came back only to BE with Mick again? I know there are lot of different opinions about this.

I kinda think both. She wants both. But the revenge part turned out to be not so vengeful as maybe Mick was fearing. She doesn't wanna kill him, just punk him. She IS all about mind games after all...

She accomplished that with that whole set-up in the Ringer... psyched him out and freaked him out and maybe hurt him, too, just a bit. But she also saw that he still reacted to her... and maybe she wasn't sure he would do that but, yep, he did. So I think she LIKED that he responded to her. Now that she's got his attention... now she just wants him.

aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

:giggle: That scene was one of my favorite scenes in the series. The look he gave Morgaline when she talked about being cuddled up in a hotel room.... he was mortified that she would do that in front of Beth. Like Josef, I loved awkward. :snicker:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

If Beth can't get answers from Mick she goes to the next best place. She walks into the lion's den.

Is he surprised she's there? Can't tell, although he says it's unexpected (but I doubt she could have walked into his office without a heads up). Josef stands and meets her.

Beth says she needs to talk to him about Mick. Josef wants to know if he's in trouble. She says she thinks so, that it's his ex-wife, Coraline. Josef snaps his fingers and the room clears. Beth's impressed.

Josef starts by saying Coraline died a long time ago. Beth answers that she doesn't think she did. She thinks Coraline survived and become human, masquerading as Morgan Vincent. Josef listens and looks like he's considering what she says.

With a slight nod he indicates that she should sit. He follows. He says he doesn't know what Mick's told her about him.

Beth tells him that he didn't tell her much but knows Josef is a vampire.

And she knows Mick trusts him.

Josef asks what she wants and Beth places a the picture of Mick on the table.

She wants the Truth (yes, with a capital T).

Josef looks at her.

Meanwhile, Mick is at the restaurant waiting for Haggans.

The waiter comes over to say that he cannot continue to sit there without ordering. Mick says
he's waiting for someone. The waiter suggests he have a sandwich while he waits. Mick's not hungry. The waiter wants to know why then does he keep meeting people at restaurants and suggests that Mick consider that, at this point, his date's not showing.

Next we see Mick's office. It's been ransacked.

Mick enters and he's not happy.

He calls Morgan who is still at Buzzwire. She wants to know how the meeting went. He explains that it didn't.

It was a ruse to get him out of the office so he could steal the surveillance file.
She suggests he go to Haggan's office to confront him. He says 'no', he needs to get to the son and warn him. Morgan looks up the address.

Mick's on his way and Morgan tells him to be careful.

Maureen then approaches Morgan, saying that she thought Morgan was a photographer. Morgan responds that she is - Maureen can still think that (I thought it was a great response).

Maureen wants to know why her sound guy is giving her a jump drive to give to Morgan. To which Morgan responds that it's because she asked him to clean up some audio for her.

Maureen is not charmed. She wants to know what story this is for. (I really love Mo.)

It's still in the concept stage but Morgan tells her she's gonna love it (she's been hearing that a lot, huh?)

Morgan smiles to herself as Maureen walks away.

Two great scenes. I thought Beth was very brave to go to Josef for answers. And I was impressed with Morgan in her scene. Whereas most of this case she's working with Mick has been fun, it's now serious and I thought she was suitably concerned.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I agree with you, GA... Beth is rattled-Beth in this scene with Josef... as she is sure what she's dealing with now but nervous about why Cora is back. This is a lot for even Beth to take in... And Cora/Morgan really DOES care about Mick, so the idea of him being in danger, from these two would-be killers, DOES have her taking this whole game more seriously now...

But I have a question about that... Morgan, really being Cora, knows Mick is a vampire. What exactly is she fearing that Hagen's son and cheater-wife are going to DO to him? Yeah, he's walking into an ambush... but as a vamp among mortals. What are they gonna do? Shoot him?

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Uh... :gasp: :eek2:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

wpgrace wrote:
But I have a question about that... Morgan, really being Cora, knows Mick is a vampire. What exactly is she fearing that Hagen's son and cheater-wife are going to DO to him? Yeah, he's walking into an ambush... but as a vamp among mortals. What are they gonna do? Shoot him?
Isn't it just about keeping up the Morgan story? People think she is Morgan and a human would be fearful of this situation. Coraline knew Mick would come to no harm as a vamp so I don't think she is scared for him but as Morgan she has to have everyone else around her believe she's worried about him and a little fearful of what she's getting into herself.

Love how rattled Beth seems here with Josef. Beth's head has been messed with a fair bit in this ep so far and I think she is hanging on barely here. She is looking for answers from Josef to justify her fears about Morgan/Coraline and she is concerned for Mick and herself.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:

Return to “Episode Discussion”