Re: 12:04 (Episode Eight)

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

yes. It was all in the way he sat up when he saw her, wasn't it? :snicker:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Not only that, but he went to the fountain, and let her see him....curiosity on his part or something else?
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

he must honestly have felt as if he knew her, by that stage. I think it was curiosity, but also she probably already felt like an old friend. I imagine he felt a sort of familiar affection for her, as the child he watched growing up.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Moth to a flame too... she was someone with whom he HAD connected but hadn't seen for awhile... he craved the connection.

I mean he had killed Cora, his other connection. And at some point had sworn off the freshies... so no connection there. And he told Beth in Click he hadn't romanced (doesn't mean no sex, IMO, btw) a human, so no connection....

Tho at some point he had something something with that young cleaner... but other than that... the man needed to reach out to someone besides Josef, G, and Terrance. I mean, they're a hoot and all... but seriously... he clearly craved something more than buddy poker night...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

He took quite a risk going to meet her at the fountain (one that Josef would want to stake him for). What if she DID remember him? What if she totally flipped out?

I guess this is an example of the fate theme of the show. They are meant to be together. He is captivated by her, can't keep away. The universe knows that it wouldn't help them for her to remember him just yet, so she doesn't. But she's is inexplicably drawn to him.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:He took quite a risk going to meet her at the fountain (one that Josef would want to stake him for). What if she DID remember him? What if she totally flipped out?

I guess this is an example of the fate theme of the show. They are meant to be together. He is captivated by her, can't keep away. The universe knows that it wouldn't help them for her to remember him just yet, so she doesn't. But she's is inexplicably drawn to him.

Tho I think it was a pretty safe bet she wouldn't remember him per se... I mean she may picture HER guardian angel as looking MIckish, but adult Beth would discount that, just because he looked like 30 year old Mick that he could BE 30 year old Mick... cause that would make NO sense.

And besides, how many of us remember such details from being 4? Even if that wasn't in 1603, it is still reasonable it would be a little hazy... :giggle:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Notice that he didn't give her too much opportunity that first meeting...as soon as he saw the wheels start to spin in her head, he disappeared...did the same thing again in the dead girl's apartment.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

wpgrace wrote: Tho I think it was a pretty safe bet she wouldn't remember him per se... I mean she may picture HER guardian angel as looking MIckish, but adult Beth would discount that, just because he looked like 30 year old Mick that he could BE 30 year old Mick... cause that would make NO sense.

And besides, how many of us remember such details from being 4? Even if that wasn't in 1603, it is still reasonable it would be a little hazy... :giggle:
Yeah--and a four-year-old would be a lot more likely to remember the teeth and the floaty white dress and fighting and the fire than the faces. Adults are just so tall to little kids...the faces are so far up! Besides which, Mick's face was all crisscrossed with scratches for at least part of the time, and Little Beth might only remember him that way. Childhood memories being what they are, it's not at all surprising that she didn't recognize him.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:
wpgrace wrote: Tho I think it was a pretty safe bet she wouldn't remember him per se... I mean she may picture HER guardian angel as looking MIckish, but adult Beth would discount that, just because he looked like 30 year old Mick that he could BE 30 year old Mick... cause that would make NO sense.

Yeah--and a four-year-old would be a lot more likely to remember the teeth and the floaty white dress and fighting and the fire than the faces. Adults are just so tall to little kids...the faces are so far up! Besides which, Mick's face was all crisscrossed with scratches for at least part of the time, and Little Beth might only remember him that way. Childhood memories being what they are, it's not at all surprising that she didn't recognize him.

Verrrry good point Alle... we used to take my daughter everywhere with us when she was little... to formal dances and everything... I was an annoying guest I guess.... Anyway, at one point my dad asked her what she remembered from the ball. And she said, Grandpa... all I ever see are shoes and butts.

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

grace - :rolling:

I have to wonder -- if Mick had seen Beth reporting on location at a museum or a playground, would he have gone? Or was there some aspect of her dealing with a gruesome murder the made his protective instincts kick in?
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Lilly wrote:grace - :rolling:

I have to wonder -- if Mick had seen Beth reporting on location at a museum or a playground, would he have gone? Or was there some aspect of her dealing with a gruesome murder the made his protective instincts kick in?

Oh that is an ever-so -typical clever Lilly wonder!

I hadn't thought of it that way... but it is worth pondering...

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Great question, Lilly. It could very well have been the danger she was putting herself in that had him stepping back into her life. Sort of an 'I leave her alone for a moment and look what she's doing!"
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

good question, hadn't thought of that...and a likely possibility
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:

Great question, Lilly. It could very well have been the danger she was putting herself in that had him stepping back into her life. Sort of an 'I leave her alone for a moment and look what she's doing!"

Tho perhaps he's also subconsciously pleased at the excuse...

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

wpgrace wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

Tho perhaps he's also subconsciously pleased at the excuse...
MmHmm. He didn't look terribly upset or scared. He DID look pretty happy to see her.

Return to “Episode Discussion”