Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C. Part II

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Re: B.C. (Episode Six) Part II

Post by GuardianAngel »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:GA--you have done it again--the pix are gorgeous.

Mick looks so hot in every single frame, and Lola was seriously working that push-up bustier!
Thanks, Li. This episode is hard for me because I want to cap every single moment. The next (and last) update was just as hard, if not harder. So many beautiful shots to be had.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Here we go, ladies - the finale.

Beth is watching her report on the Black Crystal story in her kitchen with Josh.

Josh thinks the fire was too convenient, that it was Lola covering her tracks. Also, that someone so obsessed with mysteries as Beth is would seize on it. Beth says 'no thanks' - she doesn't want to get in the middle of his investigation. *snort*

Josh says the investigation is over and the DA's office is happy BC has disappeared from the scene. And so is Lola. Beth comments that she won't be back (TMI). Josh realizes Beth knows something but he doesn't want to know.

Josef is at Mick's place and Mick is giving him the details of the case. He tells Josef that the warehouse was torched and Lola's dead.

Josef tells Mick that he didn't know exactly how old Lola was but she was at least 500 yrs. Mick is awed. Wow. Imagine what she's seen.

Mick tells Josef that Lola thought they were alike. Self righteous with human rules, moral principles. Josef's grunts and expressions show his disbelief.

Mick assures him Lola was wrong - Josef is 100% vampire. Josef says that when you've lived as long as Lola it tricks you into thinking you are above it all, that you really are immortal. Yeah, and then it ends.

Mick pours Josef a scotch and gives it to him along with a pat on the shoulder. Poor Josef.

Beth closes her laptop and notices her forgotten vial of BC. She makes sure Josh didn't see, picks it up and puts it away in a draw.

Episode ends with Beth contemplating herself in the mirror.

Fade
SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SirenSong »

Loved, loved, loved that last scene between Mick and Josef. One of my faves of the series.

A HUGE missed opportunity for this episode was not having some Josef/Lola time. He was clearly smitten/obsessed and she seemed so blase about him. It would have been awesome to get some of their interraction. Once again....Josef underutilized. Too bad.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

ITA SS... the quiet Mick and Josef moments are ones I really treasure from this series... they interacted so well together...

And yeah, Josef was way underused in the early eps...

And did anybody else cringe at Beth's hair style in this last scene? Sometimes they did weird stuff with her hair... this one was not becoming for me...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

COMPLETELY agree with you here, SS - that Mick/Josef exchange was some of the best. I give HUGE props here to Jason for pulling off those wonderful facial expressions and giving us just a peek under the surface of a very complex individual. To me, he looked very young and vulnerable...but also very old and ancient. Definitely some nice acting there.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I loved this scene too. For so many reasons: Mick had done what he needed to do - it involved killing someone who meant something to Josef but he had no doubts, no regrets; he did what had to be done. I loved that. And again, we see the genuine ease between Mick and Josef - yet another thing I would have loved to see more of.

As for Beth's hair, compared to some of the horrors of later episodes, I thought this was fine :giggle: .

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Regarding Beth's hair, actually I thought it was more "school-girlish" when she was alone with Josh (see the braid at the end of Fever) and more sexy when around Mick. Could have to do with her being in front of cameras when at work, but I tend to think it was deliberate.
It's a pity they couldn't just let her have cut her hair between Mortal Cure and FtP, it would have fit to her trying to get away from her pain about Josh's death and move on. With the wig they totally blew it. JMO.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

I too loved the Josef/Mick scene here. I think it was one of their best scenes in the whole series. Shame we didn't get a few more of them :sadface:

I had no issue with Beth's hair here. Considering the way they made her look much later on in the series..... this was a good look for her :giggle:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

One of the things that always struck me in the scene with Mick and Josef was Mick's being impressed at Lola's age. Wow - 500 -- almost like he forgot that Josef is over 400 himself and that he too has seen so much in that course of time. Josef just gives him a nod and a smile. He knows too well all the history Lola had seen, but he humors his friend.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Lilly wrote:One of the things that always struck me in the scene with Mick and Josef was Mick's being impressed at Lola's age. Wow - 500 -- almost like he forgot that Josef is over 400 himself and that he too has seen so much in that course of time. Josef just gives him a nod and a smile. He knows too well all the history Lola had seen, but he humors his friend.
Maybe Mick's reaction is an American thing. Sorry, not that I want to be prejudiced, but my experience with Americans (or Canadians) and history goes something like that (and in no way are they all like this):

German: "This house is 80 years old."
American (very impressed): "Wow, that's really something. Did a king build it?"
German: "No, it's just an old hotel. It's so old and decrepit, we will tear it down."
American: "Noooooo!"

German: "This church/building/whatever was built in 1345."
American: "I can't even imagine something being that old. Wasn't that when the Romans were ruling here?"
German: facepalm

For many Americans there seem to be three times: my lifetime, my family history back to the family member who immigrated, very very long ago.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

between the wonderful images and the discussion points I want to thank you all.

Even reading after viewing this epi umteenth times I got so much from your ideas. :thumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

francis wrote:
Lilly wrote:One of the things that always struck me in the scene with Mick and Josef was Mick's being impressed at Lola's age. Wow - 500 -- almost like he forgot that Josef is over 400 himself and that he too has seen so much in that course of time. Josef just gives him a nod and a smile. He knows too well all the history Lola had seen, but he humors his friend.
Maybe Mick's reaction is an American thing. Sorry, not that I want to be prejudiced, but my experience with Americans (or Canadians) and history goes something like that (and in no way are they all like this):

German: "This house is 80 years old."
American (very impressed): "Wow, that's really something. Did a king build it?"
German: "No, it's just an old hotel. It's so old and decrepit, we will tear it down."
American: "Noooooo!"

German: "This church/building/whatever was built in 1345."
American: "I can't even imagine something being that old. Wasn't that when the Romans were ruling here?"
German: facepalm

For many Americans there seem to be three times: my lifetime, my family history back to the family member who immigrated, very very long ago.

:coffee: Probably true!

Well, after all francis... all our stories start with Once Upon A Time... just not very explicit!

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

francis wrote: And the lighter - I loved it too, but there's no chance Mick could have lighted the gas otherwise without torching himself. A modern lighter wouldn't stay on without touch.
I'm sure Mick has a stash of vintage zippos somewhere... :snicker:
Hmmm... I guess you're right about needing to use the lighter to avoid torching himself...but I sure hope you're right about the collection of vintage Zippos!!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:
francis wrote: And the lighter - I loved it too, but there's no chance Mick could have lighted the gas otherwise without torching himself. A modern lighter wouldn't stay on without touch.
I'm sure Mick has a stash of vintage zippos somewhere... :snicker:
Hmmm... I guess you're right about needing to use the lighter to avoid torching himself...but I sure hope you're right about the collection of vintage Zippos!!

Priorities, huh Alle?? :giggle:

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:blushing:

Return to “Episode Discussion”