Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C. Part II

coco
Cleaner

Re: B.C. (Episode Six) Part II

Post by coco »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:I am shocked, shocked that you agree, coco!! :giggle:
I know. It's so not like me to agree with you when it comes to Mick or Beth :giggle:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Moving on.....

Cue lightning, bad ass music and we have alpha Mick going to take care of business.

He enters the warehouse where they are making the Black Crystal and starts busting heads, asking where Lola is.

One guy tells him she's in the back. Mick throws him down and tells him to get out (which always makes me laugh 'cause I doubt the guy can get up, never mind get out)

He goes back and steps into a warehouse full of tanks with vamps inside. His VO tells us that it now makes sense to him. She has them in silver to immobilize them as she drains their blood. Diabolical at its best.

Mick goes to touch the apparatus and hears a voice telling him he shouldn't do that.

Lola is up overhead and swoops down on Mick. He's only able to capture her coat as she disappears.

Mick looks for her overhead, telling her that she's a vampire preying on her own kind.

She steps out from behind a tank telling him not to get sanctimoneous. Humans kill every day and no one even blinks. Mick tells her its evil. Her response? Evil's a word that gets tossed around a lot. Like 'great' and 'awesome'.

Mick charges her but end up on the floor. He pops up and is incredulous that she's enjoying this.

She tells him everyone should enjoy their work. Mick tells her she's done here. She's done everywhere.

She tells him he's self-righteous like Josef, with their rules and laws. According to her, their above all that.

Mick goes for her and she set lays him out. She's once again overhead, taunting him - talking about him still trying to be human and his freshie friend. Mick comes to, vamped.

Lola goes on about how tragic and dark he is, that he can't go through eternity that way. He'll understand when he's older. Mick gives a roar and flys up to her.

They fight. Mick is getting a beating. She disappears and shows up again behind him. They fight some more. Finally Mick closes his eyes and concentrates. He makes a quick lunge and catches her. They fall off and he sends her careening into one of the tanks of silver.

Mick tells her he doesn't need to wait, he understands now.

Outside, Beth shows up and hides. The police are gathering outside as well.

Mick's VO explains that there is nothing he can do for the vamps in the tanks, they're already dead. He takes care of the evidence. And Boom!

Beth watches from outside, anxious.

Mick's alive. She spots him, relieved. And he spots her.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

It's just so d@mn hot when Mick starts busting heads! :happysigh: And the way he looks on his way to bust heads! That was a great fight scene between he and Lola. Loved her ending up in the tank! :snicker: And I like him dark and tragic! Hmpf!

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

ooh.... that very last screencap where he's just ever so slightly mussed.... mmm... MSJohn goodness in every pixel!

I love Lola and was very sorry they killed her off in this. She was a true villain and would have kept both Josef and Mick off balance if she were allowed to live. Lola really is the only person who we saw unsettled Josef. I think she's the true form of vampire too - totally amoral, totally anarchic - in one respect she was right, Josef is living within the system by a bunch of rules, no wonder she takes his money and runs. She has no respect for him. she's a true renegade.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
lunalux
Fledgling

Post by lunalux »

what I loved about Lola is that she had Josef wrapped around her little finger --- I would have like to have seen some Josef angst...over that romantic alliance...She was a Pirate Queen when she met him and she breezes into town for a booty call and some financial backing but doesn't give Josef her number...oh the possibilities... :evillaugh:
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Yes, how often did we see Josef really rattled in the series? He kept his cool even when there was an assassination attempt!

I thought Lola really had his number. She totally had him wrapped around her finger as you say.... She's an interesting contrast with Sarah Whitley don't you think. I always got the feeling that Sarah was a milquetoast. Lola's kept his interest for hundreds of years.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I agree about the fight scene... total bad-ass Mick is a total turn on...

And Lola was my favorite villain in the series... as you all have said, infinite possibilities with her... to harass and torment ANY of our other characters on repeat performances... cause she clearly has Josef's number, literally, and she enjoyed giving Beth a go 'round too... and now she has a reason to come and get Mick...

I find it interesting that Mick stays vamped out as he sets the place a-rocketing with his pretty lighter... I liked that they left him vamped out for that one last scene. So often the vamp disappears so quickly.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wpgrace wrote:I agree about the fight scene... total bad-ass Mick is a total turn on...

And Lola was my favorite villain in the series... as you all have said, infinite possibilities with her... to harass and torment ANY of our other characters on repeat performances... cause she clearly has Josef's number, literally, and she enjoyed giving Beth a go 'round too... and now she has a reason to come and get Mick...

I find it interesting that Mick stays vamped out as he sets the place a-rocketing with his pretty lighter... I liked that they left him vamped out for that one last scene. So often the vamp disappears so quickly.
she was my favourite villain too, grace, they could have had just so much fun with her! Imagine how Josef would have felt if Lola started feigning an interest in young Mick. Oh the joy of that little triangle! :snicker:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

GA--you have done it again--the pix are gorgeous.

Mick looks so hot in every single frame, and Lola was seriously working that push-up bustier!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I would also add that the producers or directors or whoever DOES that kind of thing realllllly did a nice job with cutting the action and the music in this scene. Very memorable....

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I really liked Lola too. If the show had continued I think she would have turned up again and I would very much have liked to see her in a scene with Josef.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

But, but... :hankie:

Mick threw away the lighter!!! :mdrama: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

I looooooved that lighter...... :sigh:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Lola was terrific in BC. It really was a shame we didn't see more of her. She would have made things difficult for Josef, Mick or Beth I think which would have made for great viewing.
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:But, but... :hankie:

Mick threw away the lighter!!! :mdrama: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

I looooooved that lighter...... :sigh:

I KNOW!!!! I always regret that bit too, Alle! It fit him, it just did! :bmoon: :giggle:

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

GuardianAngel wrote:I really liked Lola too. If the show had continued I think she would have turned up again and I would very much have liked to see her in a scene with Josef.
Yes, Mick's track record of killing female vampires and having them stay dead isn't that good...

And the lighter - I loved it too, but there's no chance Mick could have lighted the gas otherwise without torching himself. A modern lighter wouldn't stay on without touch.
I'm sure Mick has a stash of vintage zippos somewhere... :snicker:

Return to “Episode Discussion”