Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C. Part II

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: B.C. (Episode Six) Part II

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:With a flawless, poreless complexion such as hers, Beth probably would have looked stunning if she was bald...and wearing a headband!!

Hmmm.... stunning in what sense of that word...???? Since I already thought she looked better in other eps than with the headband here.... :whistle: and :giggle:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:With a flawless, poreless complexion such as hers, Beth probably would have looked stunning if she was bald...and wearing a headband!!
She has a nice complexion, in fact all the ML ladies did, but I don't see her pulling off bald and stunning - or bald with a headband and stunning! :snicker: Though it might have been an alternative to the "It's Alive!" wig later on. :? What puzzles me is why Sophia didn't put her foot down. That would've been the time to do it! ;)

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I guess it wasn't that big of a priority for her--and I consider myself to have a pretty critical eye when it comes to hair, make-up and fashion--but I still don't think it looked that bad. I would have taken 12 of those headbands in place of her horrid wig later on!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:I guess it wasn't that big of a priority for her--and I consider myself to have a pretty critical eye when it comes to hair, make-up and fashion--but I still don't think it looked that bad. I would have taken 12 of those headbands in place of her horrid wig later on!
:giggle:

There's a few of us who think someone in wardrobe had it in for Sophia for some reason... with that wig later... but that's for another ep thread... :biggrin:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wpgrace wrote:
Fleur de Lisa wrote:I guess it wasn't that big of a priority for her--and I consider myself to have a pretty critical eye when it comes to hair, make-up and fashion--but I still don't think it looked that bad. I would have taken 12 of those headbands in place of her horrid wig later on!
:giggle:

There's a few of us who think someone in wardrobe had it in for Sophia for some reason... with that wig later... but that's for another ep thread... :biggrin:
I feel a bit silly... but, what horrible wig was that?
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

In the Final Four, Sophia wore a wig, cause in real life she had cut her hair and they still wanted Beth with long locks...

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

oh.... thanks Grace. I'll have to go back (now that I have my very own DVD's) and take a careful look.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:oh.... thanks Grace. I'll have to go back (now that I have my very own DVD's) and take a careful look.

You won't have to look too closely... it looks ok, IMO, in FTP, but it seems to molt more and more as the eps go by................... :mdrama:

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

grace is being too kind: that wig looked like roadkill.

Back to BC--where her hair looked very pretty--except for maybe a misplaced headband.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:grace is being too kind: that wig looked like roadkill.

Back to BC--where her hair looked very pretty--except for maybe a misplaced headband.
snort! that's too funny fleur.... I'll definitely be on the lookout for the wig now!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:
Fleur de Lisa wrote:grace is being too kind: that wig looked like roadkill.

snort! that's too funny fleur.... I'll definitely be on the lookout for the wig now!
Was it a wig or poorly installed extensions? I've had extensions of human hair put into my short hair and what I see in the last four epis is a "demarcation" where there is short hair hanging over longer hair, as well as some styling gaffs blending the two types of hair.

They could put me in a BOZO wig if I was working with AOL and JD. Truly, I'd dress quite the fool to have been in Sophia's role! :snicker:
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I actually thought it looked the worst in FtP. It looked so skimpy and unkempt. I'm not a fan of the hair in the next three either but I didn't think it looked as bad. Maybe because it was straight. I didn't appreciate the makeup. It made her look too hard. I much prefer the softer, younger look from the beginning.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:I actually thought it looked the worst in FtP. It looked so skimpy and unkempt. I'm not a fan of the hair in the next three either but I didn't think it looked as bad. Maybe because it was straight. I didn't appreciate the makeup. It made her look too hard. I much prefer the softer, younger look from the beginning.

Yeah, they totally aged her in the Final Four... what was up with that? I am assuming it was on purpose, but I do not get why... unless they were worried some peeps would get upset with an "old" man dating a young woman... but again, I offer the RL example of Jack Nicholson, and they let HIM get away with it... and he really is about 85, no??

But back On Topic... if they wanted to really make her up with the drama eyeliner (which is MY look so I am not dissing it)... they shoulda tried the look in the Club Valis scene; it would've made more sense there...

KathyW
Mortal

Post by KathyW »

wpgrace wrote:... it looks ok, IMO, in FTP, but it seems to molt more and more as the eps go by................... :mdrama:
*chuckle* Since they usually have several of anything....costumes, whatever......does this mean every single wig they acquired for her molted at the same time? :P Or someone only ordered one, so they were stuck with it?
wpgrace wrote:if they wanted to really make her up with the drama eyeliner (which is MY look so I am not dissing it)... they shoulda tried the look in the Club Valis scene; it would've made more sense there...
Her Club Valis look was so hot. I thought Beth outshone Lola.
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

Kathleen, Kath40, over at Moonlighdreams came upon this millisecond of a shot in BC of Alex as an extra in Moonlight!!!! Actually she thinks it's from the unaired pilot and they stuck it in BC as a crowd shot when Beth goes to the club by herself. It's right after the girl in the cube is spotlighted and then a blonde girl has her hands in the air. Poof! For a milisecond there is this scene of "Mick" walking through the crowd.

Kath was doing "research" on Chris Kauser, an extra who is in like 6 or 7 episodes of Moonlight as various background people when she discovered this. Kudos, to Kathleen!

Return to “Episode Discussion”