Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C.

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: B.C. (Episode Six)

Post by redwinter101 »

I loved the Mick/Josef scene in Mick's office - we saw Mick being just as concerned about the safety of the community as Josef was in NSTAV. An early indication that he'll do what's necessary to keep the tribe safe.

As for Lola/Beth at the club - that shake of the head was so perfect. Dismissive and patronising. It gave us an instant insight into Lola's character.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:I loved the Mick/Josef scene in Mick's office - we saw Mick being just as concerned about the safety of the community as Josef was in NSTAV. An early indication that he'll do what's necessary to keep the tribe safe.

As for Lola/Beth at the club - that shake of the head was so perfect. Dismissive and patronising. It gave us an instant insight into Lola's character.

Red

Sorta like Alexis Carrington...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Continuing on with the shallow theme, I thought Lola's red bustier in the fight scene was hot. But someone needs to tell her to lose the shoulder pads.

I adored that same scene, red. I loved the back and forth, and how for once, Mick was the one ragging on Josef. Mick seemed so comfortable in his skin ( I will try to focus, I will try to focus) The shoe was on the other foot. All those times that Josef warned Mick about bringing danger to the Tribe, and this time, it was Josef's error that Mick had to handle. It was also so nice to get our first real glimpse into Josef's vunerability.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Continuing on with the shallow theme, I thought Lola's red bustier in the fight scene was hot. But someone needs to tell her to lose the shoulder pads.

I adored that same scene, red. I loved the back and forth, and how for once, Mick was the one ragging on Josef. Mick seemed so comfortable in his skin ( I will try to focus, I will try to focus) The shoe was on the other foot. All those times that Josef warned Mick about bringing danger to the Tribe, and this time, it was Josef's error that Mick had to handle. It was also so nice to get our first real glimpse into Josef's vunerability.

Mick was total Alpha Vamp...He kinda has to check that out... He's not gonna let that happen... The Voice was working double over time... he was in his element... and He doesn't have to wait until he's older; he understands now.

Holy H#ll!!!!!!!

Total Alpha Vamp!

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

*snort* Stop it! I'm going to have Dynasty on the brain for days now.

Besides all the great sexy scenes, I think Mick's coming into his own is what makes this episode my favorite. He's totally Alpha. Borderline arrogant. And damn is it ever HOT!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:
*snort* Stop it! I'm going to have Dynasty on the brain for days now.

Besides all the great sexy scenes, I think Mick's coming into his own is what makes this episode my favorite. He's totally Alpha. Borderline arrogant. And damn is it ever HOT!

Whew!! *fans self just thinking about it*

So true...

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Dang. I mean, just... dang. :hearts:

In some ways, I suspect that this is how Mick would've acted ALL THE TIME if he'd chosen to be turned instead of having it thrust on him. This is Vampire Mick in his element, and d@mn comfortable (and in charge) there.

Whew-- I need to take a breather and fan myself for a while. :blushing: :cloud9:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

To me, he appeared looser in this ep. Not exactly care-free, but as care-free as Mick gets! I like to think it's due to his burgeoning relationship with Beth, which in turn gives him an extra dose of self-assuredness and cockiness. Does that make sense?
And I love the contradiction in looks between Beth and Lola in the pix GA posted. Beth has make-up on, but Lola is wearing some heavy duty stuff on her face!! When you flash back and forth between the pix, Beth is so much fresher faced, innocent looking. They did a great job highlighting the difference between the 2 ladies.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hmmmm.... I thought Lola looked more beautiful... yeah I think they always tried to make Beth young and fresh faced... and Lola was a verrrrry old lady... and a bit overdone (a la Alexis, btw...) but I think she was the sexier of the two women... just sayin'.... :tomato: Toss away!

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Mick shows up at the morgue. He's expecting Guillermo but finds Terrance who won a weeks worth of his night shifts playing poker.

Mick dumps his bag on the table as Terrance asks what's in it.

Is it lunch? Nope, nothing that appetizing. Mick gives Terrance a peek.

Terrance is put out that Mick is bringing in his own corpse. This is LA County Morgue - not Help U Autopsy. And it looks like the stink is bad.

Mick needs to know what killed the vamp. Terrance is thinking fire. Mick says it was more. Terrance guesses silver. Mick says yeah, a lot of it. Terrance grabs a syringe and says that silver should show up in the blood. But when he pulls, nothing comes out. Terrance quips that blood should show up in the blood.

Terrance tells Mick the vamp had been drained. Soaked in silver and drained. Then set on fire. Excessive? I'll say. Mick figures it out. The vamp was paralyzed with silver so that it could be drained. A steak would cause blood loss.

Terrance says he has a list three pages long of vamps who want human blood. Who would want vampire blood? Is someone feeding from their own kind?

HER own kind.

Mick exits, leaving poor Terrance with the corpse.

Beth uses her contact at the morgue (which will cost her an iPhone) to get a look at Renee's body. At least her hand.

He asks if the girl is a friend of Beth's. She says no, a model. He tells her that explains it. What? She's hot.

That remark disgusts Beth.

She uses a blacklight to look over the dead model's hand. She sees the Valis stamp but that's not what got her into the VIP because Beth had the same stamp.

On closer inspection Beth finds something else on the hand. The morgue attendant tells her its an incision to take out a chip.

A micro chip? Like James Bond?

No. Like find your lost cat. Vets inplant them to find pets.

Beth asks if they're read with a scanner.

They are. Hmmmm. Club Valis is using micro chips. How 21st Century.

He then asks her if they are serving silver at the VIP room. Apparently the dead model had silver in her blood. More than you would get using a supplement.

The silver was pure and his guess is that it's what did her in. He gets a phone call and tells Beth she has to go.

While he's on the phone, Beth swipes the small jar with the micro chip and slips out.

Mick steps into the hall and immediately smells Beth.

Beth doesn't have the luxury of a heads up and is totally surprised to see Mick.

Fate?

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

wpgrace wrote:Hmmmm.... I thought Lola looked more beautiful... yeah I think they always tried to make Beth young and fresh faced... and Lola was a verrrrry old lady... and a bit overdone (a la Alexis, btw...) but I think she was the sexier of the two women... just sayin'.... :tomato: Toss away!
Lola looked great--she's a hot sexy mistress of the night! I just thought that it was cool the difference between them. For them both being blondes, they were worlds apart. And no tomatoes from me, as long as you don't throw them my way for saying that I thought Beth looked better.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:
wpgrace wrote:Hmmmm.... I thought Lola looked more beautiful... yeah I think they always tried to make Beth young and fresh faced... and Lola was a verrrrry old lady... and a bit overdone (a la Alexis, btw...) but I think she was the sexier of the two women... just sayin'.... :tomato: Toss away!
Lola looked great--she's a hot sexy mistress of the night! I just thought that it was cool the difference between them. For them both being blondes, they were worlds apart. And no tomatoes from me, as long as you don't throw them my way for saying that I thought Beth looked better.

:thumbs:

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hmmmm.... I thought Lola looked more beautiful... yeah I think they always tried to make Beth young and fresh faced... and Lola was a verrrrry old lady... and a bit overdone (a la Alexis, btw...) but I think she was the sexier of the two women... just sayin'.... :tomato: Toss away!
No tomatoes from me, grace. Lola was sexy as hell (despite the Alexis thing), utterly self assured, and contemptuous of the young (vamp and human) and rules-minded. Beth was forthright, courageous and a little reckless. She was sexy, but the sexy didn't really kick in till she took the B.C. Although the look on Mick's face when she was walking up to him outside the club... I want to be looked at like that. :hearts:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

allegrita wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:ROTFL. And the way her shin shined (say THAT 10 times fast), I wondered if she was real or a barbie doll.
Cassysj can tell you that... :snicker:

Obligatory comment on the actual topic of the show--why, oh why did they hire that ferret-faced actor to play the VIP room bouncer? When he said he provided a "cool factor" later in the show, I nearly swallowed my tongue. I think I looked a little like Mick did when he gagged on the dead-vamp stench. I mean... COME ON!!

I heard my name several threads away. I checked out Lola's shin shine, my dolls are only that shiny when brand new. :snicker: I agree about that bouncer, that was not visual casting.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

cassysj wrote:
allegrita wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:ROTFL. And the way her shin shined (say THAT 10 times fast), I wondered if she was real or a barbie doll.
Cassysj can tell you that... :snicker:

Obligatory comment on the actual topic of the show--why, oh why did they hire that ferret-faced actor to play the VIP room bouncer? When he said he provided a "cool factor" later in the show, I nearly swallowed my tongue. I think I looked a little like Mick did when he gagged on the dead-vamp stench. I mean... COME ON!!

I heard my name several threads away. I checked out Lola's shin shine, my dolls are only that shiny when brand new. :snicker: I agree about that bouncer, that was not visual casting.

I saw that actor on an ep of Burn Notice and he was hilarious... he does well playing a befuddled comic character...

...and since in ML he was a vamp... he was one of the not-sexy computer-geek, rocket scientist, bar bouncer vamp crowd.... I guess not all vamps can be gorgeous, tho I really don't see why not...

Return to “Episode Discussion”