Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C.

mitzie
Courtesan

Re: B.C. (Episode Six)

Post by mitzie »

This is one of my favorite episodes. I love the whole sensuality of it. :thud: I agree with what others have said about Mick and Josef. It really showcased their relationship very well and let us see that Josef isn't always in charge of what happens in their relationship. He asked Mick for help and Mick rose to the occasion and took charge of things! Oh yeah, The Voice, very sensual and seductive in this episode!! His entire demeanor was different in this episode--the facial expressions, the way he carried himself, everything!!!! :thud: :thud: :heart:

mitzie
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Mick was more upbeat, playful and sexy in this episode. Dare I think it is due to Beth kissing him at the end of AD? I think our boy was on a high.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:Mick was more upbeat, playful and sexy in this episode. Dare I think it is due to Beth kissing him at the end of AD? I think our boy was on a high.

Yes, the high reflected in that smile did carry over, didn't it? He is starting to really think about it... to confront the idea of it... tho she still has a boyfriend... Josh kinda gets in the way in this one...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Oh, most definitely. He is feeling pretty good after that kiss. Each episode shows them making progress towards one another. This one had them working together from start to finish. And they really do work well together. I guess I had never focused on that as much before. Took several viewings to get over the whole "Oh My God how hot is Mick" thing before I could notice other nuances the show had to offer.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Oh, most definitely. He is feeling pretty good after that kiss. Each episode shows them making progress towards one another. This one had them working together from start to finish. And they really do work well together. I guess I had never focused on that as much before. Took several viewings to get over the whole "Oh My God how hot is Mick" thing before I could notice other nuances the show had to offer.
You're really not alone in that, Lisa. Many, many viewings were required - I think a few more might be in order...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:
Fleur de Lisa wrote:Oh, most definitely. He is feeling pretty good after that kiss. Each episode shows them making progress towards one another. This one had them working together from start to finish. And they really do work well together. I guess I had never focused on that as much before. Took several viewings to get over the whole "Oh My God how hot is Mick" thing before I could notice other nuances the show had to offer.
You're really not alone in that, Lisa. Many, many viewings were required - I think a few more might be in order...

Red

Well Alex is a very subtle actor and Mick a very complicated character... I don't think we can really properly critique his performances and his eps unless we have done our research thoroughly. It's only fair to him... so keep watching... it's the right thing to do.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I love that we are all so committed to thoroughly researching the slight variances in tone and timbre of all that is ML, and Mick St. John. We are a rare breed, focusing on the important aspects of serial drama, without stooping to the lowest common denominator.

(My tongue is so firmly planted in my cheek, I think it's stuck there)
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Well at least that stuck tongue doesn't impact your typing fingers, sweetie...

Does anyone know... I guess I am assuming... that Holly got the role of Lola because of Alex? She did a kick ass job in the role, but since I had never seen her in anything before... and I truly thought she was quite memorable as Lola... I'm guessing he helped her out there?

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

wpgrace wrote:Well at least that stuck tongue doesn't impact your typing fingers, sweetie...

Does anyone know... I guess I am assuming... that Holly got the role of Lola because of Alex? She did a kick ass job in the role, but since I had never seen her in anything before... and I truly thought she was quite memorable as Lola... I'm guessing he helped her out there?

According to her, he didn't even know that she was up for it. At least, that was the implication I got from an article I read a while ago. She said that he mentioned something about there being a role opening up for a female vamp, and she said "I know, babe" Supposedly, she surprised him with the news that she received the part.

I find that a bit hard to believe, but, what do I know? I mean, c'mon, they were living together and everyone associated with that show had to have known that. Sorry, am putting the claws away now. Meooooow.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:
wpgrace wrote:Well at least that stuck tongue doesn't impact your typing fingers, sweetie...

According to her, he didn't even know that she was up for it. At least, that was the implication I got from an article I read a while ago. She said that he mentioned something about there being a role opening up for a female vamp, and she said "I know, babe" Supposedly, she surprised him with the news that she received the part.

I find that a bit hard to believe, but, what do I know? I mean, c'mon, they were living together and everyone associated with that show had to have known that. Sorry, am putting the claws away now. Meooooow.

I don't see it as a bad thing tho... Hollywood is NOTHING but nepotistic... I would think they WOULD have given her the job just for that reason... I mean, really, are any of those Coppola kids really all that talented? Rumor Willis? Kate Capshaw? So she got a job due to his talent and contacts... isn't that a sign she's actually kinda made it in Hollywood?

And seriously, they would've cast his girlfriend in a role on his show without telling him? Cause if I starred in a show and they were gonna cast my husband, they damn well better've told me in advance cause I'd have to get a sitter for the kids for that day...

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I didn't care one bit that they cast her as Lola, and she did a great job in that role--why not cast someone who was involved with Alex, as long as she could do the part.

However, I am with you. Find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have gotten a heads up about it.
I know, our worlds are so far apart from theirs! Would have had someone to watch the kids, feed the cats, etc. She probably had to notify her personal trainer and that's it!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

LOL!!

I so agree... but then I usually do... :thumbs:

SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SirenSong »

If I remember correctly, Holly auditioned for the roles of both Beth and Coraline when the series was originally being cast. The two (Alex and Holly) didn't want the casting agents to know that they were involved so they even went so far as to take different cars to the auditions. After she lost out on the Beth and Coraline roles, I suppose the casting agents kept her in mind for any future guest spots. So with that in mind, it's obvious that Alex and Holly had no qualms about working together so keeping that Lola casting secret wouldn't have been that much of a shocker.

Personally, I'm glad that Holly didn't get either of the 2 permanent spots. Talk about a buzzkill seeing his girlfriend on screen every week. :confused2:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I love this episode...yea, even more than OOTP. This is the first episode I fell completely in love with Josef, and it's a great glimpse into Mick and Josef's relationship. From annoyance to teasing to seriousness to sorrow, the whole episode really covers the spectrum of the deep friendship of two men who really have nothing else in common, other than they're both vampires.

And I know we're not that far yet, but...I LOVED the character of Lola. Devious, cunning and beautiful, but ultimately flawed in her arrogance that a younger vamp couldn't beat her.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Personally, I'm glad that Holly didn't get either of the 2 permanent spots. Talk about a buzzkill seeing his girlfriend on screen every week.

Agree with you SS, and raise you a :gasp:

Return to “Episode Discussion”