Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C.

lunalux
Fledgling

Re: B.C. (Episode Six)

Post by lunalux »

luxe,
I hadn't even thought about that, but it makes absolute sense to me. I totally agree.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wpgrace wrote:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:[
Ok gracie, try this on for size.....

replace the 'turn' in 'turn me, turn me' with another four letter word. think about it. That's what she really wanted that night. The 'turn me' stuff was a substitute for another form of penetration.

:coffee: ... and I am sorry Luxe but my bad bad brain is having all kinds of reactions to what you have written here... not PG, not a single PG comment I can make out of the lot of em...

But I LIKE that you did that to my brain... :devil:
Grace.... any non PG comments must be PM'd to me immediately! :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: Don't deprive of some of your non child-friendly-viewing thoughts!

Fleur and lunalux.... that scene really does make sense when you replace the words doesn't it? I think we all understood it at that level subconsciously when we saw it - its why we all slid off our chairs! A piece of subtle and clever writing by the show's writers I think.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Okay, here we go folks. Strap yourselves in, grab a drool bucket and some ice water.

There is a knock on Mick's door. He thinks its Josef who might have forgotten something.

Not even close. It's....Is that Beth? Yes. Yes it is. And she asks if she can come in. A stunned Mick answers "of course".

She walks in, taking off her coat and Mick asks her if everything's okay. She

She says everything's great. She feels fine. (I always thought that should have been reversed - everything's fine, she feels great).

She says she walked all the way there. Mick wants to know why she would do that. She wanted to, umm, feel the night.

Mick's on to her. He asks if she's taken some of the drug. She says it was research for her story.

She says it tasted really weird. Well, yeah. It's vampire blood.

She saunters towards him and asks if he feels this way all the time. Poor Mick - he's a little unsure of how to handle her. He answers her - he's not sure. He doubts it.

The breeze felt like individual molecules brushing against her skin. Mick takes a swallow.

Beth gets closer. Mick does a side step and walks away. It appears this is all too much for him.

She's right behind him. Uh oh. She felt people in their houses. Feel their lives.

Can Mick do that? Can he feel her? Or is it more like a scent?

She pull him around to face her and moves in close. Mick tells her she has no idea what she's doing.

She wraps her arms around his neck telling him that she feels close to everything. To him. There's no space between them.

She leans in to kiss him but Mick moves out of reach and tells her there's space. There's space. Dammit!

He's saved her twice. There's no barriers between them. Mick tells her she just thinks there aren't. It's the drug talking. Not her.

She shushes him and says this IS her. She just didn't know it. And she LIKES it. She wants to be close to him.

Mick is mesmerized. He moves in to kiss her. Beth moves back. (Can you just kill me now?!) Seductively, she beckons. "Come on Mick. Join me."

And heads up the stairs. Mick eyes are glued to her as she ascends.

To go or not to go; quite the quandery for our broody vamp. He wants to. But should he?

He stops at the base of the stairs. Makes a decision. Climbs the stairs two at a time.

He's in the shower with Beth.

He tells her its only the drug. Beth pleads with him to Turn her. He repeats that it's just the drug. She repeats her please for him to Turn her. He says "no Beth". And so on and so forth.

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

:beep: , :beep: , :beep: !!

That is so hot.
Whew. And as much as I love how Mick looks--especially with the lusty, dewy eyes as she climbs the stairs, how unbelievably hot does Beth look??

Thanks GA :hearts:

....scurries off to stick head in freezer....
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

You know...no matter how many times I watch that scene, it NEVER ends the way I want it to. ;-)

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

aaargh..... its too darn HOT.... need Cynthia's ice bath. Now.

So many things to say about this sequence.

1) Here Beth looks much MUCH better than she did at the club scene. I thought she looked like a try hard teeny bopper there. Here she has a softer and more sophisticated look, the makeup is less harsh and she's going for what she wants. And that's our Mick. She could have walked to a million places but chose to go straight to him.

2) Mick is at his delightful best when rattled, and she's giving him a helluva shake here.

3) He definitely was going to kiss her. He was, right? Nobody would disagree about that?

4) The shower scene. (I'm going to need a cold one myself). My theory is, now picture the scene in your head, replace the word 'turn' with another four letter word..... she didn't want him to fang her she wanted him to .... her. The entire purpose of her visit methinks. And if not for Mick's sense of chivalry, he would have been waking up a very happy vamp the next day!
Last edited by Luxe de Luxe on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Ah, this makes me so happy. I'm going to follow Luxe's example and go with a list (it might stop me rambling...).

1. Beth looked stunning. The wardrobe and make-up people finally got it right here. With bells on.

2. *squee* "I doubt it." Best. line. ever. (The molecules line bugged me but it's a minor quibble compared with everything else they got right in this scene.)

3. There was a genuine sexual tension in this scene - palpable, filled with need and desire and just as strong every single time I watch it.

4. GA, you are so right with your caption. Why oh why oh why did Beth pull away from that kiss? Yes, well, I know why but I still wish she hadn't. Sigh. That would have been so wonderful.

5. Luxe, your explanation about "Turn me" just rocked my world. Everything fell into place.

6. The shower scene is beautiful. I know the focus is on Beth, but if you watch Mick - well, it brings a lump to my throat. All that denial. Oy...

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

PNWgal wrote:You know...no matter how many times I watch that scene, it NEVER ends the way I want it to. ;-)
Ha Ha..... We all wanted it to end the way Beth wanted it to end! :drool: :drool: :thud: :thud:

Red, it aaaallll makes sense when you think about it that way, doesn't it??? I think the writers were so clever putting in such an incredibly sexually explicit scene in a way and getting away with it.

One little thing about the shower scene.... did anyone else notice that it was a one-take scene? If you look carefully you can see that Beth's hair on the right side of the picture (its clearer in the episode) is quite dry, only getting wet after a second or two. Can't blame the actors for only wanting to do this once - wait a second.... what am I saying? I know I would have developed an obsessive interest in getting that scene absolutely perfect if I'd been Sophia. "Just one more take... please.. one more... I wasn't struggling hard enough... lets go again... wheee!!!"
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:aaargh..... its too darn HOT.... need Cynthia's ice bath. Now.

So many things to say about this sequence.

1) Here Beth looks much MUCH better than she did at the club scene. I thought she looked like a try hard teeny bopper there. Here she has a softer and more sophisticated look, the makeup is less harsh and she's going for what she wants. And that's our Mick. She could have walked to a million places but chose to go straight to him.

2) Mick is at his delightful best when rattled, and she's giving him a helluva shake here.

3) He definitely was going to kiss her. He was, right? Nobody would disagree about that?

4) The shower scene. (I'm going to need a cold one myself). My theory is, now picture the scene in your head, replace the word 'turn' with another four letter word..... she didn't want him to fang her she wanted him to .... her. The entire purpose of her visit methinks. And if not for Mick's sense of chivalry, he would have been waking up a very happy vamp the next day!
ITA... and i do mean totally.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Ah, this makes me so happy. I'm going to follow Luxe's example and go with a list (it might stop me rambling...).

1. Beth looked stunning. The wardrobe and make-up people finally got it right here. With bells on.

2. *squee* "I doubt it." Best. line. ever. (The molecules line bugged me but it's a minor quibble compared with everything else they got right in this scene.)

3. There was a genuine sexual tension in this scene - palpable, filled with need and desire and just as strong every single time I watch it.

4. GA, you are so right with your caption. Why oh why oh why did Beth pull away from that kiss? Yes, well, I know why but I still wish she hadn't. Sigh. That would have been so wonderful.

5. Luxe, your explanation about "Turn me" just rocked my world. Everything fell into place.

6. The shower scene is beautiful. I know the focus is on Beth, but if you watch Mick - well, it brings a lump to my throat. All that denial. Oy...

Red

ITA... again totally, except to add that I ALWAYS watch Mick in the shower scene... I'm aware Beth is there cause I hear her yammering for him to f... turn her... but I never, ever actually SEE her... :devil:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
tecc
Fledgling

Post by tecc »

Fleur de Lisa wrote::beep: , :beep: , :beep: !!

That is so hot.
Whew. And as much as I love how Mick looks--especially with the lusty, dewy eyes as she climbs the stairs, how unbelievably hot does Beth look??

Thanks GA :hearts:

....scurries off to stick head in freezer....

ITA, ITA, ITA..... :D
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Uh, hell yeah he was going to kiss her. That lean in towards her--good God, how many of you were leaning forward in your chairs along with me?

I was always hopeful (or maybe fantasizing is more accurate) that if we got another season, there would have been a shower scene that ended much differently. Sigh, thank goodness for ML fic.

And tecc~~ :wave:
tecc
Fledgling

Post by tecc »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:
Uh, hell yeah he was going to kiss her. That lean in towards her--good God, how many of you were leaning forward in your chairs along with me?

I was always hopeful (or maybe fantasizing is more accurate) that if we got another season, there would have been a shower scene that ended much differently. Sigh, thank goodness for ML fic.

And tecc~~ :wave:
:wave: FDL

Heck, leaning so far I think I fell out of my chair! I'm surprised Mick didn't fall over! :lol:

Shower scene. Freezer scene. Both would have worked for me. ;)
:lol:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

....couch scene, dining table scene, up against the door scene.....

sorry, got carried away--sometimes I do that :devil:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Yep, we all got criminally short-changed, that's for sure. As Lisa says, thank heavens for the fic, but still... :sigh:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “Episode Discussion”